Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Any current Manchester B school students on gmatclub? [#permalink]
Hi Viks4Gmat, I am also applying for Manchester and have similar profile as yours (India working in IT sector). Could you let me know prospects of joining MBS.
Thanks,
Nitin
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitin112778 wrote:
Hi Viks4Gmat, I am also applying for Manchester and have similar profile as yours (India working in IT sector). Could you let me know prospects of joining MBS.
Thanks,
Nitin

Hey Nitin,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was on vacation.

First off, i may not be the right guy to judge your prospects, simply because i dont know the criteria the school looks for in its students.

Second off, i applied in R1, and my appl was not shortlisted even for an interview. I was given the standard response that "we receive a lot of applis and hence are sometimes not in a position to even accept a deserving candidate.. etc etc...." so i dont know and cant tell you why i got rejected either.

(but then i dont wish to make a judgement here on whether you should or not apply. Its solely your call on whether you wish to apply or not .).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Bit late but I'm a current full time MBA at Manchester Business School and happy to answer any questions. You can also visit my blog at https://www.mbamanchester.com for an insight into Manchester life.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBAManchester2014 wrote:
Hi,

Bit late but I'm a current full time MBA at Manchester Business School and happy to answer any questions. You can also visit my blog at https://www.mbamanchester.com for an insight into Manchester life.

Great and thank you for your helping spirit.

I know it may not be too useful to talk about placement data but knowing the current economic uncertainties in UK and the not so positive job outlook, may we ask for your feeling at MBS now?

What is the general mood of the current students about their future prospects? I said general mood and outlook. Can you please share your thoughts, like how positive or negative most of your fellow classmates are? how upbeat are they? How the placement/career departments are supporting you. Diplomatic answer is not really add any value, so please try to be genuine.

We are talking about a sense of the ground, not those placement data. Please share your feeling
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
wouldbecrazy wrote:
MBAManchester2014 wrote:
Hi,

Great and thank you for your helping spirit.

I know it may not be too useful to talk about placement data but knowing the current economic uncertainties in UK and the not so positive job outlook, may we ask for your feeling at MBS now?

What is the general mood of the current students about their future prospects? I said general mood and outlook. Can you please share your thoughts, like how positive or negative most of your fellow classmates are? how upbeat are they? How the placement/career departments are supporting you. Diplomatic answer is not really add any value, so please try to be genuine.

We are talking about a sense of the ground, not those placement data. Please share your feeling

Hi,
Sounds like you're after a brutally honest answer. So, if I'm to be completely honest, in my class most people haven't yet turned their thoughts to the job market so are not particularly positive / negative about their prospects. Everyone has been so busy with project deadlines and end of term exams they haven't given it too much thought. There are a few finance types who have applied for internships already but they are in the minority.

If you put a gun to my head I would say the general feeling is still cautiously optimistic. However, I'm sure this will change next term when the internship rejections start piling up and the optimism gives way to panic. Career services are doing their job in getting companies in - McKinsey, BCG, Shell, Amex, Google, Amazon + various others have been on campus or will be here in Jan. Nevertheless, as they keep telling us, it is up to us to pull our finer out and prepare properly. They will help those that help themselves.

I'll probably be able to give you a more accurate picture come March so please remind me then.

Merry Christmas :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBAManchester2014 wrote:
If you put a gun to my head I would say the general feeling is still cautiously optimistic.

I don't think I would feel the same with a gun pointing at me :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBAManchester2014 wrote:
Hi,
Sounds like you're after a brutally honest answer. So, if I'm to be completely honest, in my class most people haven't yet turned their thoughts to the job market so are not particularly positive / negative about their prospects. Everyone has been so busy with project deadlines and end of term exams they haven't given it too much thought. There are a few finance types who have applied for internships already but they are in the minority.

If you put a gun to my head I would say the general feeling is still cautiously optimistic. However, I'm sure this will change next term when the internship rejections start piling up and the optimism gives way to panic. Career services are doing their job in getting companies in - McKinsey, BCG, Shell, Amex, Google, Amazon + various others have been on campus or will be here in Jan. Nevertheless, as they keep telling us, it is up to us to pull our finer out and prepare properly. They will help those that help themselves.

I'll probably be able to give you a more accurate picture come March so please remind me then.

Merry Christmas :lol:

Thank you so much and highly appreciate your honest and true reply. We all know the situation is not rosy, but in fact bad. But we are unable to really gauge how bad is the bad.

I do fully agree that we are not in a time where 'THE Job' is guaranteed for everyone in the branded schools. Everyone has to work extra hard. However, your pain or panic becomes less stressful when you see a caring and pro-active placement support team. Even some genuine soothing words from the team comfort you. I know some top tier European schools where placement teams are just pathetic

We will wait for your update in March next year.

Wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year ahead.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone has any data on placement stats on Non EU candidates? How many Indians working in India(and not already working in UK) got an admit in the last class and what percentage of them secured a stellar job in UK/Europe and did not have to go back to India?

Any data, insight, relevant link will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You have asked generic questions. Whats's your definition of stellar? Stellar can have thousands of definitions. Do you wish to understand how many people got jobs, how much was their average salary, what roles did they get, whether they will be solving business problems for Facebook, whether they will be invited by VCs? What research have you already done? Have you already spoken to the school? Have you conducted your own due-diligence? How many students have you contacted? What's your background?
GMAT Club Bot