Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
dreamchase wrote:
The checklist says the security deposit deadline ($1000) is Feb 28,2013. Most R2 decisions will still be pending by then.

Putting 1000$ down the drain is a regular phenomenon here ? Someone shed some light.

Logic has it most people apply to their most favorite programs in the earliest round, so paying down a deposit for a program you were admitted in R1 and going to a R2 school is hardly a regular phenomenon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Sharpie wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
The checklist says the security deposit deadline ($1000) is Feb 28,2013. Most R2 decisions will still be pending by then.

Putting 1000$ down the drain is a regular phenomenon here ? Someone shed some light.

Logic has it most people apply to their most favorite programs in the earliest round, so paying down a deposit for a program you were admitted in R1 and going to a R2 school is hardly a regular phenomenon.

Admitted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
niksworth wrote:
Waitlist. I'm really seeing the entire spectrum this year.

I am wailisted too. Dinged from Tuck..My spectrum would be complete if I get invite from Cornell!

Any idea how many ppl get waitlisted? I am seeing quite a few on Darden list. Thankfully for me you will go to Tuck, right?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [2]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, if nothing else, I got that sweet orange-ink pen from when I interviewed. Totally worth it. I'll be removing myself from the WL as I had Darden neck-and-neck with Johnson and this just means I don't have a decision to make.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
I'm in and most likely matriculating. Anyone Else going to be a for sure dardennite(???) with me?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
I got the waitlist email...anyone have any experience with the Darden waitlist and what the potential yield from it is? Given that only 54% or so of admits matriculate according to the stats on this site I have to believe its possible to still get in....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted! Got the call yesterday morning around 10:45am EST. I'm not usually a night owl, but I was too excited to sleep last night until I got the final letter. What a sweet video they included!

My stats: 24/2 years WE (finance--investment management)/F/Boston/710/3.81 from a top-30 small liberal arts college

A scholarship would be icing on the cake, but as others have said, I didn't get any info about it in my letter in the online portal. I think the adcom member who called mentioned something about scholarships/financial aid being in the official letter, but to be honest, I sort of blanked out after "congratulations!"

I think there's a good chance I'll attend, but it's tough to say until I hear back from other schools (Darden was the first decision I received).

Who will I see in February for Day@Darden??!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
clomps wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

I think there's a good chance I'll attend, but it's tough to say until I hear back from other schools (Darden was the first decision I received).

Congratulations!

I agree completely. Very good chance I'll attend as well, but unfortunately scholarships do play a big role in my financial situation. Darden was also my first decision received.

I probably won't be able to make Day@Darden due to work. But in your phone call, did they also mention Darden Days later on next year? I blanked out a little, too, over the excitement, haha, but I thought I heard them say that Darden Days attendance is required?

Congrats to you too! Last year it looks like they had the Day@Darden on a Friday in February (same as for 2013) and then another 2 consecutive Darden Days (a Friday and a Saturday) in April. I'm pretty sure my adcom caller did not say it was mandatory, but I could be wrong--any current students want to weigh in?

I know what you mean about scholarships--since I haven't been working very long, I have very little saved so a scholarship would weigh heavily in my decision. Hopefully we will receive (more) good news to this end in our letters!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
Admitted! Got the call yesterday morning around 10:45am EST. I'm not usually a night owl, but I was too excited to sleep last night until I got the final letter. What a sweet video they included!

My stats: 24/2 years WE (finance--investment management)/F/Boston/710/3.81 from a top-30 small liberal arts college

A scholarship would be icing on the cake, but as others have said, I didn't get any info about it in my letter in the online portal. I think the adcom member who called mentioned something about scholarships/financial aid being in the official letter, but to be honest, I sort of blanked out after "congratulations!"

I guess I am missing it, but what video was included? Was it on the portal?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
tightlines wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

It was in the acceptance email I received at 12:01am. The subject is "Message from Darden Admissions"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
tightlines wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

It was in the acceptance email I received at 12:01am. The subject is "Message from Darden Admissions"

Got it. Thanks for letting me know where it was.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:

I'm planning on being there in February. I still have two more schools to hear back from, but I really love Darden. I know it is going to be tough because of the first-year workload, but it seems like everyone really loves it there and, as cliche as it sounds, I think the school's strengths and culture fit really well with my career desires and personality, so I know I would be really happy there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
saurabhpankaj wrote:
niksworth wrote:
Waitlist. I'm really seeing the entire spectrum this year.

I am wailisted too. Dinged from Tuck..My spectrum would be complete if I get invite from Cornell!

Any idea how many ppl get waitlisted? I am seeing quite a few on Darden list. Thankfully for me you will go to Tuck, right?

No clue about the number of people on the waitlist. And yeah, I going to Tuck unless Sloan admits me with big money thrown in. Good luck for Cornell! Hope you get through.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Excited to be in Darden, International applicant. Didnt get a call, got an email instead :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I got wait-listed. Going to do all I can to convert it. Any advice guys?

profile: 25/m 2 years in tech start-up in newport beach, ca as project manager and game designer. 720 GMAT B.E from India, and M.S, E.E from USC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Hi current/prospective students, love if you could help me out with the below! In a really confused state at the moment!
darden-vs-cornell-vs-ross-no-idea-about-144586.html

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Heys guys, anyone received the admission packet yet? any clue on when they go out?

looking fwd to info on scholarships.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts