Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Olin Vs Owen [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Victorinox wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Victorinox wrote:
I have been offered 25k a year scholarship in Owen and 15k a year scholarship in Olin. One good thing about Olin is that for the remainder I can get a loan without a US co signor. The ranking tables have not been of much help with the varied rankings of these two. Could you please suggest which one I should go for? I would want to work in a strategic consulting firm post mba.

The rankings would not help you much here. I think you have to look first at the opportunities present by both schools. Look at the employment report for each of the programs and talk to the students to get a gut check on the data. From what I see when I look at these school employment reports, they place similar percentages of their grads in consulting so there is no advantage one where or the other. However, if one places more grads at the companies you want to work for, that's something weigh seriously.

Then look at the curriculum. Is there something about one or the other's approach to management education that really appeals to you? if not, it's really boils down to the money. Can you get an affordable loan for the admittedly smaller balance at Owen? If not, Olin wins. If yes and the bottom line cost will be less at Owen, then go to Owen.

Best,
Linda

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your reply. It helped a lot in clearing muddled waters. Your book MBA Admission for Smarties really helped me, especially in removing the "writer's block" while working on the essays.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!!

You're most welcome. Thanks for the feedback on MBA Admission for Smarties as well as the good wishes for the holidays. Same to you.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Olin Vs Owen [#permalink]