Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Other, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: , International Business
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: , International Business
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
pmiklius wrote:
No email. I checked my application login and there was a link with my decision

Posted from my mobile device

wow the decision is out so fast!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.92
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Invited to interview last Friday. Interviewed yesterday (Thursday) morning. Got the call today at 4 PM. I am IN!!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [2]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
Send PM
Kudos
huttman wrote:
Invited to interview last Friday. Interviewed yesterday (Thursday) morning. Got the call today at 4 PM. I am IN!!!!

Congrats!!! I got my Johnson starter kit FedEx'd today: Folder, pen, car decal, etc. You should be receiving that shortly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
huttman wrote:

Congrats!!! I got my Johnson starter kit FedEx'd today: Folder, pen, car decal, etc. You should be receiving that shortly.

Thanks and Congrats to you also. So pumped, especially considering the interview invite was so late, I had almost written it off. Goes to show, you just never know!! What a great gift for the Holidays!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Got the admit email this morning local time. What a great way to start the weekend! Best luck to all who is still in the process!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
huttman wrote:

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
Congrats to those who made it in. You are in for an experience if a lifetime the next 2 years.

Any NOVEMBER (R2) applicants get interview invite yet?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hello all, I am a R2 applicant, and I was wondering if any of the R1 applicants who got in want to share with us more about what he or she believes made the decision positive. Also if they want to answer the following questions it might be helpul for the ones trying to get in. Thank you.
1. Did you participated in Johnson events in your city and managed to build relationships with students, alumni, or admission officers?
2. Did you interviewed on campus or via Skype?
3. Did you have an admission and application manager? How did you manage that relationship?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
I had my interview yesterday afternoon and it went really well! I have a good feeling about this. Yes, I brought my pup, and walked her around campus, everyone who met her loved her :-).

I wish I had asked when to expect to hear back... Did anyone else interview yesterday (Friday) and have insight into that? I'm assuming we wont hear anything until the office opens again on the 2nd :-/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
I had my interview yesterday afternoon and it went really well! I have a good feeling about this. Yes, I brought my pup, and walked her around campus, everyone who met her loved her :-).

I wish I had asked when to expect to hear back... Did anyone else interview yesterday (Friday) and have insight into that? I'm assuming we wont hear anything until the office opens again on the 2nd :-/

I interviewed Thursday morning and was told to expect a decision the week after the holiday break. They then called me the next afternoon with my decision. I would expect something early in the week they return.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:

Please tell me tell me you actually brought your pup! :-D Hope you get good news on the second!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Hi current/prospective students, love if you could help me out with the below! In a really confused state at the moment!
darden-vs-cornell-vs-ross-no-idea-about-144586.html

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
Allys wrote:
Hello all, I am a R2 applicant, and I was wondering if any of the R1 applicants who got in want to share with us more about what he or she believes made the decision positive. Also if they want to answer the following questions it might be helpul for the ones trying to get in. Thank you.
1. Did you participated in Johnson events in your city and managed to build relationships with students, alumni, or admission officers?
2. Did you interviewed on campus or via Skype?
3. Did you have an admission and application manager? How did you manage that relationship?

1. Yes <Networking with alumni is one of the DD that you have to do...>
2. Skype
3. No need < I did nothing>
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
Did anyone else also get the email from the admissions office talking about some system-screwup? I am an R2 applicant and te email said tey would START reading applications on jan 2

Current Student
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
huttman wrote:

I got mine on Christmas Eve!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
hselika wrote:
Did anyone else also get the email from the admissions office talking about some system-screwup? I am an R2 applicant and te email said tey would START reading applications on jan 2

there was an admissions blog on the Johnson website about their system problems and switching to Ipad's, Although I didnt get an email (Rd 2 applicant) I am aware of the issues.

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Tim ... -Blog.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
sage347 wrote:
What can I do to get off the waitlist and get into Johnson, with the short span of time at hand. I got the usual waitlist message that they would like me to strengthen my application. But with the limited amount of time before the waitlist decisions are made, I am clueless about what my options are?

Any help!?

Curious where you got the timeline from? I'm ignorant to the situation, so bear with me, but did the waitlist message say you'll be evaluated along with Round 2 applicants?

If not, what usually happens is that the waitlist will be used to fill the gaps left by the yield (i.e. they were looking for a class of 275, but only 260 accepted offers). What I'm trying to say is, I think you have some time before they re-evaluate you as a WL candidate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Cobrakai,

This is the exact text mentioned in the waitlist decision "We will provide final decisions for waitlisted candidates on a rolling basis throughout the admissions season. At this point, it is impossible to predict the size of our waiting list, the number of candidates who will receive offers, or the timing of decisions. "

As you can see, they intend to (or atleast say) provide the decisions to waitlisted candidates on a rolling basis throughout the admission season, thats why i feel that there is only a limited amount of time for me to do any considerable strengthening of my application. For example, if I join a certification course which might take upto two months for completion then I wont have any significant updates to provide them for at least that much time. This timeline is also significant since in case they don't fill up all their seats by the 4th round deposit deadline, most waitlisted candidates would have already made deposits to other colleges ( I mean seriously who is gonna wait till 1st may) so they also need to hurry up with the decision making.

Another problem is , no one is answering the calls at johnson for any feedback, as understandably everyone is out on the christmas break, which means more ambiguity for me and more loss of time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts