Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Merry Christmas all! Just a couple more weeks before Round 1 decisions are released!
Attachments

Fuqua Snow.jpg
Fuqua Snow.jpg [ 86.99 KiB | Viewed 5296 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am applying in Round 2. Does anyone know when I could expect to get an interview invitation? My visa is expiring and I need to leave the country by the first week of Feb. I was wondering if it is worth staying here till the end of January expecting an interview [I assume it would be better to give the interview on campus as opposed to off campus]. If there is no chance of getting the interview in Jan, then I might as well leave early.

Any advice is much appreciated guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Other, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Round 1 was a set day and everyone who didn't interview in the open period was notified on that day. Not sure if round two is like this but I would assume so. Check the website

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
pmiklius wrote:
Round 1 was a set day and everyone who didn't interview in the open period was notified on that day. Not sure if round two is like this but I would assume so. Check the website

pmiklius is right. Every round at Duke operates in the same way -- all invites go out at one time on their specified day, and all results likewise.

For Round 2:
All invites go out via a status update email: Feb 7
Interviews held in Durham: Feb 14-24 (all days except Sundays)
Interviews held off-campus: Feb 8-24
All decisions go out: March 18

This is the same for Round 3 (see dates at the link below)
Source: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke ... y_daytime/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
pmiklius wrote:

pmiklius is right. Every round at Duke operates in the same way -- all invites go out at one time on their specified day, and all results likewise.

For Round 2:

Thanks guys!! I am an international student who has been here in the U.S the past 4 years. Since I am going back now, do you think I have a slight disadvantage by giving my interview off campus [International location]?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
less than two weeks for the results release! Finger crossed~~~
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Duke MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Fuqua '13 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.61
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
You're not supposed to be considered disadvantaged if you do your interview off-campus. If you had a chance to visit Fuqua prior to your departure from the US, it could potentially enhance your application if you mention something about your visit in the "Why Duke" question.

theac wrote:
aerien wrote:
pmiklius wrote:

For Round 2:

Thanks guys!! I am an international student who has been here in the U.S the past 4 years. Since I am going back now, do you think I have a slight disadvantage by giving my interview off campus [International location]?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
One of my recommenders is dragging his feet. I've read that some adcoms are flexible in terms of recommendation submission e.g. allow a few extra days beyond the deadline.

Is Fuqua adcom usually flexible with recommendation submission date?
Do I need to email them in advance so that they are aware that one of the recommendations might get submitted a bit late?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
theK wrote:
One of my recommenders is dragging his feet. I've read that some adcoms are flexible in terms of recommendation submission e.g. allow a few extra days beyond the deadline.

Do I need to email them in advance so that they are aware that one of the recommendations might get submitted a bit late?

I can add something to that. I hope someone from Duke can confirm this.

At an information session with Dan McCleary Sir we got to know that Duke is not very rigid with the recommendation coming in right at the time of the deadline. However, you cannot make them wait for too long either.

If the application is complete you get a confirmation within a week or so but if one recommendation remains, then you will get that notice too. The Adcom needs to review your file and it would be wise to have that last piece submitted within a few days of that notice or it will be a risk considering that the Adcom might just move along with the remaining pile, keeping you for the next round.

As I said before, I hope someone from Duke can confirm this.

A very Happy New Year 2013 to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
shubbankar wrote:
theK wrote:

I can add something to that. I hope someone from Duke can confirm this.

At an information session with Dan McCleary Sir we got to know that Duke is not very rigid with the recommendation coming in right at the time of the deadline. However, you cannot make them wait for too long either.

If the application is complete you get a confirmation within a week or so but if one recommendation remains, then you will get that notice too. The Adcom needs to review your file and it would be wise to have that last piece submitted within a few days of that notice or it will be a risk considering that the Adcom might just move along with the remaining pile, keeping you for the next round.

As I said before, I hope someone from Duke can confirm this.

A very Happy New Year 2013 to everyone.

I would say that this is fairly accurate. However, you should definitely try to get everything in on time.

Good luck all!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [1]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
theK wrote:

Thek, Shubhankar might be right, but hte conventional logic with these schools is that you picked your reference who should testify towards your best work, and in general, they should have your back. If they don't pull through, the schools may take it as "well you picked one person you worked with who couldn't pull through for you"

I know that sounds harsh, and hopefully I'm wrong as my reference for another Round 2 school is currently dragging their feet prior to the January 3rd deadline! Try one thing, I haven't done this as I doubt my referees would agree - offer to write your own reference for them and send it to them for their checking, if you have that relationship. My friend just got into Wharton and she says she wrote both her references (!)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Waitlisters -- I started the Fuqua WL thread. It was a huge help to me last year (at least there's a place to commiserate with everyone else who's waiting!). Good luck everyone and hopefully EA-ers see some movement soon.

R1s -- January has finally come. Good luck next week :) As we've seen before, no calls will go out before hand. Status update emails seem to be sent out either around noon ET or 3:30 pm ET and after, and if admitted, you'll then receive calls from your interviewer as well as your Fuqua Buddy. January 8th will certainly be a day of constant inbox refreshing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Anyone know if I need scans of my official transcripts on my application?
The a small college I went to 10 years ago is losing their accreditation and wont give me any copies of the official transcripts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
Waitlisters -- I started the Fuqua WL thread. It was a huge help to me last year (at least there's a place to commiserate with everyone else who's waiting!). Good luck everyone and hopefully EA-ers see some movement soon.

R1s -- January has finally come. Good luck next week :) As we've seen before, no calls will go out before hand. Status update emails seem to be sent out either around noon ET or 3:30 pm ET and after, and if admitted, you'll then receive calls from your interviewer as well as your Fuqua Buddy. January 8th will certainly be a day of constant inbox refreshing!

ive been dreaming about getting the admit from Fuqua for the past few nights. Ive never wanted something so badly before!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Send PM
Kudos
xxavadaxx wrote:
Anyone know if I need scans of my official transcripts on my application?
The a small college I went to 10 years ago is losing their accreditation and wont give me any copies of the official transcripts.

You seem to be asking two separate questions and I will address them separately.

1) Can I send scans of transcripts on my application?

All scans of transcripts (official or unofficial) are considered unofficial. AFAIK, in the States, all college transcripts must be sealed in the envelope to be considered official. Thus, anything that gets sent through Apply Yourself will be considered self-reported and unofficial.

After you are admitted, you are required to have your official transcripts sent and I had ordered sealed transcripts to be sent to my house and I resent everything in a large envelope post admittance. Which leads to your next question of..

2) What do I do if the college I went to wont give me any copies of official transcripts if Duke needs them as part of the admission verification process?

If your college wont send you official transcripts, they should be at least able to send them on your behalf directly to the school (in this case, Duke). This is a service that all colleges should be able to provide regardless of accreditation status.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,

I am facing trouble in understanding two questions: :(

hi, how/where can we find details to describe the university's GPA value in comparison to Duke's GPA stance? I do not understand this part of the application. Can somebody help...

Also, I am still not getting the question on calculus. I think it was my high schools days. Is that the differential/integral calculus?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I don't know if this was answered earlier. I am an admitted student through EA, and had received my confirmation after payment of $75 for credential verification by Rev Vera around 20th of November. I haven't received any updates from Re Vera about the progress about my verification as yet :? Has any of the other accepted candidates on this forum received a confirmation mail from Fuqua's Office of Admissions letting them know that the Verification Process has been completed?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts