Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
ss87 wrote:
Hi current/prospective students, love if you could help me out with the below! In a really confused state at the moment!
darden-vs-cornell-vs-ross-no-idea-about-144586.html

Thanks!

I think if you are really interested in consulting, you should first take a look at the employment report. It's important to see who recruits where and what are the numbers, some firms have certain schools as feeders. I tried to take a look at Cornell, but I couldn't find the detailed report. I currently work at a non-MBB MC firm, and within my office (northeast region) we have Ross and Duke in similar numbers but fewer cornell and no dardens.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
bond007 wrote:
Waitlisted without interview. This is better than the ding from Cornell yesterday!!

Now we need to figure out how to go about getting off the WL!!

For those who were waitlist without interview. Based on prior years, you will get an interview Round 2. Of course if you have notable updates, it doesn't hurt to send them through to the Adcom.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
bodu wrote:
does anyone know when is the deadline for deposit for R1 applicants? I have a hard time finding the information. thanks!!

You will be recieving a binder in the mail. It will contain all the information about accepting, the school, sell weekend, etc.

Also some people in prior years have said that they recieved scholarship information with the binder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Hi!

I'm not sure if this has already been covered...But did anyone use the optional essay for information that they couldn't fit into the other essays? I read some essay analyses websites and I got mixed reviews. Some say that we should only use the optional essay for things such as a poor GPA or low GMAT score. Others recommend using it for an unusual hobby or extracurricular activity.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am applying in Round 2. Does anyone know when I could expect to get an interview invitation? My visa is expiring and I need to leave the country by the first week of Feb. I was wondering if it is worth staying here till the end of January expecting an interview [I assume it would be better to give the interview on campus as opposed to off campus]. If there is no chance of getting the interview in Jan, then I might as well leave early.

Any advice is much appreciated guys.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi I found that I keyed in wrong email address of my recommender, but found that I cannot amend it anywhere.

Is there anyone who had same situation with mine, and how did you guyz fix it. I really cannot find any amendment function.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
lv76 wrote:
Hi!

I'm not sure if this has already been covered...But did anyone use the optional essay for information that they couldn't fit into the other essays? I read some essay analyses websites and I got mixed reviews. Some say that we should only use the optional essay for things such as a poor GPA or low GMAT score. Others recommend using it for an unusual hobby or extracurricular activity.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Well, there are optional essays and there are optional essays. Ross' is an Open-Ended question, which means you can write it about whatever you want, and not just about "stuff that went sour". And no, you shouldn't just write it about another hobby, but think about what you could potentially write here (what story, item, etc.) that would most help promote your candidacy in view of what else you have written. Basic rule of thumb - if it's not helping you, it's hurting you... but you should be able to find a way to use it, and you should use it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I have a doubt in Page 7.

How do you give the end date for a company that you are still working and will work(hopefully) till you start to matriculate?

Thanks
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
raghupara wrote:
Hi,

How do you give the end date for a company that you are still working and will work(hopefully) till you start to matriculate?

Thanks

Just put June/July/August 2013 -- whatever is reasonable for you to quit your job and move to Michigan! Adcom will understand that you'll be working (more or less) until matriculation. Don't over think this one!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
raghupara wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Just put June/July/August 2013 -- whatever is reasonable for you to quit your job and move to Michigan! Adcom will understand that you'll be working (more or less) until matriculation. Don't over think this one!

Sure okay.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I have taken the TOEFL test, but I understand from the ETS website that the approximate score posting date is on Jan 2nd, 2013(subjected to US National holidays).

In addition, although I did not graduate from a US school, I did from a school that has the medium of instruction as English... And, I have a proof of a document that supports this fact.

Now, what am I supposed to do here? I am not sure if I will get the officials before the deadlines.
How do I proceed applying? Should I mail the adcom asking for a solution?

Best,
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Quant Instructor at IMS, Volunteer at CRY
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Engineering (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Don't know if this is the best place. How is everyone addressing Essay 4? Especially the second part of the question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
raghupara wrote:
Hi,

I have taken the TOEFL test, but I understand from the ETS website that the approximate score posting date is on Jan 2nd, 2013(subjected to US National holidays).

In addition, although I did not graduate from a US school, I did from a school that has the medium of instruction as English... And, I have a proof of a document that supports this fact.

Now, what am I supposed to do here? I am not sure if I will get the officials before the deadlines.

Best,

Hi Raghu,

You do not need to submit your TOEFL score, I had not done it while submitting my round 1 app and got through without this being an issue. As long as your transcripts have it printed that the medium of instruction was English, you do not need to worry at all.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CMG wrote:
raghupara wrote:
Hi,

Best,

Hi Raghu,

You do not need to submit your TOEFL score, I had not done it while submitting my round 1 app and got through without this being an issue. As long as your transcripts have it printed that the medium of instruction was English, you do not need to worry at all.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much, CMG. That's some relief.

By the way, I do not have anything explicitly mentioned in my transcripts. But I have a separate document with my university name, saying - Medium of Instruction is English. Shall I upload this additional document too?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I'm applying R2 & I've looked through this year's thread and last year's but there doesn't seem to be a consensus: Is the "optional" essay truly optional? What about the spot for a cover letter? I haven't been asked for a cover letter in other apps, so I was curious.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Am I allowed to submit my application and have one of my applications come in afterwards?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
obviouslynot wrote:
I'm applying R2 & I've looked through this year's thread and last year's but there doesn't seem to be a consensus: Is the "optional" essay truly optional? What about the spot for a cover letter? I haven't been asked for a cover letter in other apps, so I was curious.

There are some posts about the optional essay a few posts above yours. If you have something to include in the optional essay, then go for it. If not, leave it blank.

The cover letter is a new addition this year. The only other school I know of that has used this format for a long time (forever?) is MIT. Use it to show your interest in Ross in a business/professional way of writing.

lv76 wrote:
Am I allowed to submit my application and have one of my applications come in afterwards?

If by applications you mean letters of recommendation, then yes that's fine. Just make sure your letters don't come in too much later than the deadline (a week or so is usually okay).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts