Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask The Chinese University of Hong Kong [#permalink]
Professor Suzanne Godfrey has over 20 years experience as a brand and communications expert with a deep consumer and business knowledge that combines both professional and academic experience. She has a breadth of brand experience across a range of business sectors that includes working with multi-national companies such as Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Nestlé and Danone. She also has extensive experience at launching and developing brands across developed and emerging markets, specifically in Asia, the Middle East and Africa, and Europe.

She previously taught a Marketing Communications Course at Thunderbird, The American Graduate School of International Management, in Europe.

Click to watch her video about Luxury Brand Management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... VuN9lBlT54
and Integrated Marketing and Communication https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... b9OAlnAUFM
Attachments

506.jpg
506.jpg [ 9.83 KiB | Viewed 8985 times ]

Send PM
Three Reasons to Choose Hong Kong for your MBA degree

The “postgraduate studies in Hong Kong” has listed out several reasons indicating hong kong is a quite ideal place for higher education (https://www.grad.edu.hk/grad/why-hk.html). How does it really benefit you in getting an MBA?
The reasons given are as

1. Hong Kong is strategically located for business in Asia and a gateway to opportunities in Mainland China

According to the Hong Kong Tourism Board(HKTB): "Hong Kong has long been the primary gateway to China; home to an ancient and rich culture as well as stunning natural beauty. Travel to China is better and easier than ever before. Frequent air links from Hong Kong's international airport, efficient rail services and some of the world's largest fleets of high-speed and overnight ferries make China easily accessible."

For sure, Hong Kong is really a fascinating place to live and study. With its irreplaceable position both geographically and economically. Getting an MBA in here is definitely beneficial to developing expansive network and getting more insights about the business model, opportunities and culture of the greater China market.
Send PM
2. Hong Kong is a land of vast opportunities – International, Transparent and Efficient

Hong Kong has a strong degree of economic competitiveness. According to the Hong Kong SAR Government: "Hong Kong is characterised by its high degree of internationalisation, business-friendly environment, rule of law, free trade and free flow of information, open and fair competition, well-established and comprehensive financial networks, superb transport and communications infrastructure, sophisticated support services, and well-educated workforce complemented by a pool of efficient and energetic entrepreneurs. Added to these are substantial foreign exchange reserves, a fully convertible and stable currency, and a simple tax system with low tax rates."

Hong Kong is an international financial centre in which many multinational financial institutions have set up operations. It is also the premier trading hub* between mainland China and the rest of the world. There are enormous career opportunities in Hong Kong. Attending a Hong Kong university for your postgraduate studies will enable you to establish a social network here in Hong Kong and prepare yourself for a career and business opportunities once you have graduated.
*Hong Kong Stock Market ranked 6th in the world.

Hong Kong is very fast moving city. You can feel that even from the food serving food in any cafeteria in the street and people believe in “make things happen” with a friendly attitude in every aspect of life. This is quite important and convenient to get services at any time of a day, which is also the key point to attract lots of international enterprises to set their Asia Pacific head quarter here. In that case, you’ll be having more opportunities and choices in terms of career advancement after accomplishing and MBA in Hong Kong.
Send PM
3. Hong Kong is a fun and dynamic city to live in – Most livable city in the world in 2012

People from all around the world come to Hong Kong to study, to work and to live. The city is a melting pot of different nationalities and cultures. As summarised by the HKTB: "Culture and heritage is what sets Hong Kong apart from the rest of Asia - indeed the world. Hong Kong is a unique fusion of Eastern and Western cultures where the old and the new live side by side."

Apart from detailed above, Hong Kong also embraces marvelous natural sceneries including mountains and lakes. It’s quite easy for you to sneak out for a lazy weekend in the woods or get yourself relaxed in the green of natural Oxygen bar in a mountain. On the other hand however, the night life in Hong Kong can be quite luxuriant too. Getting spirits from different corners of the world would be a quite easy task. The splash of various cultural dwelling is for sure essential to your life enrichment.

Source :
1https://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/gateway/cities/index.jhtml
2https://www.info.gov.hk
3https://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/heritage/index.jhtml
Send PM
For 2013 intake, we've released our interim report about the admissions up to now.
Please visit https://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/show.aspx?id=B4CB9883 for details or refer to the attached image.
Attachments

interim report.jpg
interim report.jpg [ 713.77 KiB | Viewed 8769 times ]

Send PM
We're quite strong in China business, no matter in terms of industry network or academic support. We have Prof. Joseph Fan, who's dedicated in family business studies in greater China, and the first Chairman of the China Banking Regulatory Commission, Professor Liu Ming Kang.
Visit Professor Liu's bio in https://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/staff/CV-ENGLISH-05092012.pdf and video.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PwFL6PVUqQE[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
The admission requirements state that an applicant should have a recognized bachelor's degree with not lower than second class lower division or B grade.I have a GPA of 7.8 on a scale of 10. And the B grade is for a GPA of 8.0. So, am I NOT ELIGIBLE for applying to CUHK?

I am asking this question is because a GPA of 7.8 is considerably above average for my University.

Thanks
Send PM
mikhilcool wrote:
The admission requirements state that an applicant should have a recognized bachelor's degree with not lower than second class lower division or B grade.I have a GPA of 7.8 on a scale of 10. And the B grade is for a GPA of 8.0. So, am I NOT ELIGIBLE for applying to CUHK?

I am asking this question is because a GPA of 7.8 is considerably above average for my University.

Thanks

Hi Mikhilcool,

thank you for your interest in the CUHK MBA Program. I would suggest to you apply for the program first, as the admission committee would assess candidate's profile base on their work experience, GMAT as well. The Online Applicaiton System is opened now for application, and we look forward to receiving your submission.

thanks!

CUHK MBA Admissions Office
Send PM
Topic: On Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneur as Organization Builder
Speaker: Mr. Bernard Suen

Date: 4 Sept, Wednesday
Time: 1.00-2.00pm
Venue: CUHK MBA Town Center (map)
Free admission, RSVP required: https://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/2013_Sept_4_Luncheon.html

Occupying a uniquely advantageous position in the heart of Asia and as the gateway to China, CUHK offers you invaluable insights to the Mainland China like no others. Our rigorous and well-structured theoretical teachings arm you with unrivaled breadth and depth of knowledge; whereas the diversified practical learning experiences pave the doorway to the ever-changing world.

We invited Mr. Bernard Suen, a savvy in ICT, Consulting and New Media field, who is also with the teaching focus on creative industry and entrepreneurship. He will share his insights and ideas what role does the "spirit" of an entrepreneur plays in organizations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.74
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Good day.

I have a question regardng the requirements "At least two years of postgraduate full-time work experience (as of July 2014)". The thing is that in 2009 I graduate a college (Specialty - Tax and taxation), then studied at university (2009-31 January, 2013, Specialty Finance and Credit). While studying at the university (during evenings), for a couple of years I occupied full-time positions at an international company and my responsibilities included budgeting and budget controlling. As of July 2014 my postgraduate (post university) full-time work experience will be a year and a half. However, my postgraduate (post college) full-time work experience is more than three years already. The question is, whether my post college full-time work experience might be considered as relevant or not.
Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Jmurik5 wrote:
Good day.

I have a question regardng the requirements "At least two years of postgraduate full-time work experience (as of July 2014)". The thing is that in 2009 I graduate a college (Specialty - Tax and taxation), then studied at university (2009-31 January, 2013, Specialty Finance and Credit). While studying at the university (during evenings), for a couple of years I occupied full-time positions at an international company and my responsibilities included budgeting and budget controlling. As of July 2014 my postgraduate (post university) full-time work experience will be a year and a half. However, my postgraduate (post college) full-time work experience is more than three years already. The question is, whether my post college full-time work experience might be considered as relevant or not.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Jmurik5, to my understanding as long is full-time work experience it will be counted so just go ahead and apply first.

At least 2 years of postgraduate full-time work experience - This statement is more of a guide and NOT a DIE DIE MUST have. The school look at your overall application which includes work experience, essay, gmat, referral recommendation, undergraduate results (and any other results too), etc...

Please feel free to post any queries. I am a current student of the MBA program in CUHK. Feel free to get me and I will try my best to reply asap.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edhorizon wrote:

Hi Jmurik5, to my understanding as long is full-time work experience it will be counted so just go ahead and apply first.

At least 2 years of postgraduate full-time work experience - This statement is more of a guide and NOT a DIE DIE MUST have. The school look at your overall application which includes work experience, essay, gmat, referral recommendation, undergraduate results (and any other results too), etc...

Please feel free to post any queries. I am a current student of the MBA program in CUHK. Feel free to get me and I will try my best to reply asap.

Cheers

Thank you for the information.

The reason why I am so concerned with this particular requirement is that two schools have already e-mailed me that due to insufficient postgraduate full-time work experience I am not eligible to their programs. One of the universities is located in Hong Kong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jmurik5 wrote:
edhorizon wrote:

Cheers

Thank you for the information.

The reason why I am so concerned with this particular requirement is that two schools have already e-mailed me that due to insufficient postgraduate full-time work experience I am not eligible to their programs. One of the universities is located in Hong Kong.

I personally feel that is not an issue however I shall leave it to the school to officially answer that question.

Where are you located? You might want to join one of the sessions that the school is touring around and meet some of our representatives face-to-face.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edhorizon wrote:

I personally feel that is not an issue however I shall leave it to the school to officially answer that question.

Where are you located? You might want to join one of the sessions that the school is touring around and meet some of our representatives face-to-face.

I will be glad to participate in such a session if one is held in Moscow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jmurik5 wrote:
edhorizon wrote:

I will be glad to participate in such a session if one is held in Moscow.

My bad for the late reply as is our exam period.

You can refer to here for the session schedule that CUHK will be visiting.

https://www.bschool.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/mbaevents.aspx

Cheers
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

This discussion has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new topic in the Business School Applications Forum if you have a similar question or a comment.

Thank you,
GMAT Club Moderator Team.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts