Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: iowa tippie or tcu neeley [#permalink]
Being from DFW, I can tell you that the SMU MBA has very strong connections in Dallas. I don't know anything about Neeley. Is SMU not an option?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SMU is very expensive, even after 4w scholarship a year. This is also what I am considering. There are rice, austin, smu better than TCU in texas, while in iowa, tippie is the best. Another consideration is that TIPPIE is public and TCU is private. Does it matter in US? Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Well between Tippie and TCU, I'd definitely go with TCU. I'm biased because I live in Dallas, but it's amazing to see how this city does business. Companies seem to be relocating every week, and the ones already here are growing at a monstrous pace.

I don't think you'd have much of a problem finding work in DFW after your MBA at TCU. If you're looking to move elsewhere, you may have a problem. Let me know if you'd like to know anything more about Dallas/Fort Worth.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GRE 1: Q740 V640
GPA: 3.7
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Congratulations on your admissions and scholarships! Is there any industry preference that you have? Iowa will definitely have better MidWest connections whereas TCU will have better Texas connections. If you are interested in agribusiness or automotive you can probably find better opportunities after a Tippie MBA; if you are interested in Oil and Gas, Technology, Health Care then TCU will probably be the better choice. Frankly, you will probably have better career prospects in the latter category.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GRE 1: Q740 V640
GPA: 3.7
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
jinstephen wrote:
hi, guys. I recently got admitted by both tippie and neeley with full scholarship. While neeley is in DFW area and Iowa is in iowa city. I am an international sutdent with little knowledge about American cities. I know tippie might have a stronger reputation than neeley. But iowa city is in country side.

American friends, could you give me some advice? my goal is to find a job in US after graduation.

Thank you.

By the way, if you wouldn't mind, your admissions info would be really helpful to others so please post here:

2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
clomps wrote:
I was born and raised in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and I definitely think SMU's program has a better reputation than TCU's. That said, I agree with other posters that if you want to stay in DFW, TCU isn't a bad place to go. I think nationwide, though, Iowa has a better reputation than TCU.

TCU is honestly a small, private Christian college (not super parochial, though) that many people go to if they are Fort Worth natives. It is not particularly diverse.

I know Tippie is out in the middle of nowhere, but it is a college town, so it's not like there's absolutely nothing to do. In general, though, I think it does have the stronger brand name.

This.

I am midwestern, so I mostly targeted midwestern schools. My understanding is anything outside of the top 15-25, you're going to get more regional recruiting exposure. You have to decide where you want to work and in what industry. I visited Iowa city, its a big college town, nowhere near what you'd get in Dallas but they place well in Chicago and Minneapolis. Personally, for me, I wanted to stay in the midwest, so a good program with really generous financial aid in the midwest made them my top choice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts