Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SAE
Own Kudos [?]: 961 [0]
Given Kudos: 269
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Re: Ask HKUST Admissions [#permalink]
Kudos
getgyan wrote:
Hi HKUST

While in the process of finishing my application I came across employment proof. What do we have to submit to prove that? Will the salary slip suffice or do we have to submit anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Hi getgyan,

Both the employment proof and salary proof are required for our admissions.

The employment proof should be issued by employer(s) of ALL your job position(s) listed in the application form and should include the employer's name, your job title and employment period of each job.

You need to provide salary proof for the last 12 months as well. The proof could be salary slips, documents provided by the employer or bank statements which include your annual salary or salary of last 12 months.

Only softcopy is required. You can upload them to our application system directly.

Towni
Marketing & Admissions, MBA Programs
HKUST Business School
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi Towni,

thanks for taking the time to answer questions here.

I'm a bit confused about the additional information section. Can you give me an example of what applicants enter here as opposed to the 7th essay?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi Towni,

Just a quick question: Where do I need to fill about the CFA and FRM certifications that I have, in the 'Other qualifications' section or the 'Additional details' section?

Thanks in advance!
Send PM
nmje2k1 wrote:
Hi Towni,

I'm a bit confused about the additional information section. Can you give me an example of what applicants enter here as opposed to the 7th essay?

Thanks!

Hi nmje2k1,

The additional information is entirely optional. If you have anything you want the admissions committee to know but cannot cover it in other parts of the application form and the essays, you can write it there. For example, some candidates may explain why their degrees took longer than usual to complete (because they had to work part-time/ family issues) in the additional information section.

If there is any question, just let me know.

Towni
HKUST Business School
Send PM
IndianExpress wrote:
Hi Towni,

Just a quick question: Where do I need to fill about the CFA and FRM certifications that I have, in the 'Other qualifications' section or the 'Additional details' section?

Thanks in advance!

Hi IndianExpress,

Please include the certifications in the 'Other qualifications" section.

Let me know if there is any other question.

Towni
HKUST Business School
Current Student
Send PM
hkustmba wrote:
nmje2k1 wrote:
Hi Towni,

Thanks!

Hi nmje2k1,

The additional information is entirely optional. If you have anything you want the admissions committee to know but cannot cover it in other parts of the application form and the essays, you can write it there. For example, some candidates may explain why their degrees took longer than usual to complete (because they had to work part-time/ family issues) in the additional information section.

Towni
HKUST Business School

Thanks Towni.
I also have a question regarding the supporting documents. I understand that the transcript is an important part of the application. However, I recall reading somewhere that not all the documents need to be provided for adcom to shortlist a candidate.
Could you please let me know which documents I need to provide by the 3rd of January and which I can supply later?
Send PM
nmje2k1 wrote:
hkustmba wrote:
nmje2k1 wrote:
Hi Towni,

Thanks!

Hi nmje2k1,

Towni
HKUST Business School

Thanks Towni.
I also have a question regarding the supporting documents. I understand that the transcript is an important part of the application. However, I recall reading somewhere that not all the documents need to be provided for adcom to shortlist a candidate.
Could you please let me know which documents I need to provide by the 3rd of January and which I can supply later?

Basically, you need to submit all the supporting documents by Jan 3 for the admissions committee to start reviewing your application. In the application stage, softcopies of the documents will suffice. Since it may take time for the official GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS report to reach us, you can just submit the unofficial GMAT report or a screenshot of your TOEFL/IELTS score in the online report by Jan 3 first.

If there is any special reason you cannot submit a certain document in time, you can send an email to our admissions team at applymba@ust.hk to explain your situation and we will see what we can do.

Let me know if there is any further question.

Towni
HKUST Business School
Current Student
Send PM
hkustmba wrote:

Basically, you need to submit all the supporting documents by Jan 3 for the admissions committee to start reviewing your application. In the application stage, softcopies of the documents will suffice. Since it may take time for the official GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS report to reach us, you can just submit the unofficial GMAT report or a screenshot of your TOEFL/IELTS score in the online report by Jan 3 first.

If there is any special reason you cannot submit a certain document in time, you can send an email to our admissions team at applymba@ust.hk to explain your situation and we will see what we can do.

Towni
HKUST Business School

After I hit the submit button, can I still upload supporting documents? Just curious because of the buttons' order on the website.
Send PM
nmje2k1 wrote:
hkustmba wrote:

Towni
HKUST Business School

After I hit the submit button, can I still upload supporting documents? Just curious because of the buttons' order on the website.

Yes, you can still upload new supporting documents but you won't be able to replace what you have previously uploaded with new ones or remove the uploaded documents after you have submitted the application. For the latter two, you can send an email to us at applymba@ust.hk and ask us to do so.

Towni
HKUST Business School
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
This might sound like a stupid question, but can anybody tell me where I can upload the transcript?

I am not able to find a section where I can upload it. I presumed that it would be there in the 'Academic & Qualifications' section, however I cannot find it there. In-fact I don't find any place in the entire application portal where I can 'Upload' a document. It is all copy and paste.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!
Current Student
Send PM
Vineet700 wrote:
This might sound like a stupid question, but can anybody tell me where I can upload the transcript?

I am not able to find a section where I can upload it. I presumed that it would be there in the 'Academic & Qualifications' section, however I cannot find it there. In-fact I don't find any place in the entire application portal where I can 'Upload' a document. It is all copy and paste.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

It's on the very bottom of the navigation pane. Below the submit button.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi HKUST,

While in the process of finishing my application I came across TOFEL result to be submitted to HKUST. As the deadlines are now 4 days away and TOFEL date i am getting on local area isn on 7th January. Can i avoid tofel result right now and send it latter on within a week or 10 days.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
-- removing the repeat
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
@Vineet - You can only see the uploads page once you have made the payment.
Send PM
gmatwar14 wrote:
Hi HKUST,

While in the process of finishing my application I came across TOFEL result to be submitted to HKUST. As the deadlines are now 4 days away and TOFEL date i am getting on local area isn on 7th January. Can i avoid tofel result right now and send it latter on within a week or 10 days.

Thanks in advance.

Hi gmatwar14,

As long as you submit your TOEFL score within one month after Jan 3, you will still be considered as a round two candidate. So it is possible for you to take the test on Jan 7. However, you still need to submit your application by Jan 3.

Towni
HKUST Business School
Current Student
Send PM
hkustmba wrote:
gmatwar14 wrote:
Hi HKUST,

Thanks in advance.

Hi gmatwar14,

As long as you submit your TOEFL score within one month after Jan 3, you will still be considered as a round two candidate. So it is possible for you to take the test on Jan 7. However, you still need to submit your application by Jan 3.

Towni
HKUST Business School

Does this also work for the proof of salary? I still haven't received the translation and I'm getting nervous about missing the deadline. I've already submitted my application.
Send PM
nmje2k1 wrote:
hkustmba wrote:
gmatwar14 wrote:
Hi HKUST,

Thanks in advance.

Hi gmatwar14,

Towni
HKUST Business School

Does this also work for the proof of salary? I still haven't received the translation and I'm getting nervous about missing the deadline. I've already submitted my application.

You could upload the original version of your salary proof to the online application system first and send us the translated copy later if it works for you.
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts