Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [1]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Moving Beyond Q44 [#permalink]
Quote:
did you focus on the concepts or the process of doing the problems?

I only re read the strategy books for concepts in areas where i needed review (Such as SOLIDS etc). I concentrated mainly on looking at strategy for tackling question types and reviewing solutions to the questions that i found challenging (even those that i got right). My problem was that i was fretting too much about the advanced 700+ questions and those were taking a lot of my time ( Perhaps 80% of my practice questions could be clubbed in the 700 level category (or beyond) ). I had a good strategy to tackle the real tough questions but was not getting enough practice for the medium level questions and therefore was not doing well on them. I could say that my main error was in making CARELESS mistakes especially in WORD PROBLEMS. For this i targetted my practice by finishing the Advanced Word problem book by Veritas (despite of the cover, it is essentially a 650 level book ( except a few questions that are 700 level)... I spent a good 10 - 15 days going over answering strategies from the Advanced Quant book (not concentrating so much on the question sets but the strategy). I do not feel i learned much more concept than i knew when i was getting 43 but i had a clearly defined strategy to solve each sub type. Now that i look at the way i answer questions, i see a clear coherent approach that is consistant and NEAT as compared to the haphazard way of answering questions (that I was using earlier)..I have also now become better in reading the questions and getting an idea as to which approach would be quickest and would give me the best chance to get it right.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [1]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
hey,
Just forgot to mention, the back solving, plugging in numbers, pattern recognition ,etc strategies are mentioned in MGMT advanced quant book, if you have that great because it covers all that and in case you don't have one you can watch Ron from mgmt explain those in the video lessons (links below). His video series is really good. Just took a gmat prep mock yesterday and got a Q 49 just by bailing on the right questions, and employing these strategies. Hope they work for you too. GL

also you may refer this article
several-people-has-asked-me-if-it-is-possible-to-improve-40820.html
GMAT Club Bot