Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP)

You may select up to 2 options
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2467 [17]
Given Kudos: 185
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [1]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2467 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink]
Knewton tests are pretty close to actual GMAT. Quant is a bit easy but verbal is right up there.
MGMAT is demoralizing, especially with IR and their new scoing scale. However MGMAT will help you overprepare and hence good practise. Just donot get demoralized.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32877 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
I would like to know if "overprepare" for the exame is after all a good thing. I would not want to spend energy for something that after give you not an = ROI.

I mean: do what you need.....not more
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I think over-preparing will only help improve your chances to achieve your goal. If GMAT is your primary goal for next couple of months then give it a best shot! Just make sure not to burn out yourself.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32877 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
PraPon wrote:
I think over-preparing will only help improve your chances to achieve your goal. If GMAT is your primary goal for next couple of months then give it a best shot! Just make sure not to burn out yourself.

Ok set the world on fire guys. :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
carcass wrote:
I would like to know if "overprepare" for the exame is after all a good thing. I would not want to spend energy for something that after give you not an = ROI.

You cannot overprepare for GMAT, unless your diagnostic score is between 720 and 760.
Tutors spend years still they keep learning new things. The key is NOT to burn out or to make studying a chore.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32877 [0]
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
carcass wrote:

You cannot overprepare for GMAT, unless your diagnostic score is between 720 and 760.
Tutors spend years still they keep learning new things. The key is NOT to burn out or to make studying a chore.

No. I like to learn day by day, and give me the crazy: but I love this test :) it was only a question. That's it :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 730 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
I think the quant section of the Manhattan GMAT CAT doesn't resemble the real test that much. The questions are too lengthy and overall the amount of 700-800 level questions is too high. I have had MGMAT tests in which I got >35 700-800 level quant questions and my score was only a 48 because I ran out of time towards the end. The GMAT Club quant tests are way better than MGMATs imo.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
yes MGMAT Quant does push us to limits, few of their 700 level quant problem are algebraic or calculation extensive. But it does help to you improve accuracy and plan/execution speed. I guess, if you can crack MGMAT quant then you can do well (or even better) in GMAT. Only difference I observed during my actual GMAT exam was they had too many DS questions with "word" problem types which takes little longer to read and interpret their convoluted text.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
wow.. I learnt a lot in this post..

I got a 44 in MGMAT Quant on Nov15th and my analysis showed that I missed many many questions because of silly mistakes..

Now I know from the above posts that not only is the MGMAT Quant tough , but also is their new scoring algorithm demoralizing.

I gotto take the GMAT Prep now to know where I actually stand..

MGMAT Verbal is also strange. I found all the RCs to be lengthy whereas I have heard that only 1 RC would be lengthy on the GMAT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Its still on. You can cast your vote. We kept it open to get more votes for better statistics.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
PraPon wrote:
Its still on. You can cast your vote. We kept it open to get more votes for better statistics.

Well that's great..but can't see the voting button corresponding to voting options..!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
PraPon wrote:

Well that's great..but can't see the voting button corresponding to voting options..!

I just checked again. There is no expiration date on this vote. May be you have voted once already. I have enabled the option to re-cast/change vote.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 18
This post helped...I used up all my MGMATs in my first GMAT attempt. I am giving another attempt for GMAT now and was wondering what are the other CAT TESTS options around.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 797 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-22-2013
GPA: 3.57
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I can't believe that you did not include GMAT Hacks 1800 practice set. IMO, they are the most accurate representation of real GMAT-like Quant questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
megafan wrote:
I can't believe that you did not include GMAT Hacks 1800 practice set. IMO, they are the most accurate representation of real GMAT-like Quant questions.

Hello Megafan, this list only includes FULL-length GMAT test preps options.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
BN1989 wrote:
I think the quant section of the Manhattan GMAT CAT doesn't resemble the real test that much. The questions are too lengthy and overall the amount of 700-800 level questions is too high. I have had MGMAT tests in which I got >35 700-800 level quant questions and my score was only a 48 because I ran out of time towards the end. The GMAT Club quant tests are way better than MGMATs imo.

Do you guys find that your score on MGMAT practice tests were lower than what you got on the actual test? I am scoring 50 points lower on MGMAT than I am on GMATPrep... not sure what to think
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Turtleinatutu wrote:
BN1989 wrote:

Do you guys find that your score on MGMAT practice tests were lower than what you got on the actual test? I am scoring 50 points lower on MGMAT than I am on GMATPrep... not sure what to think

MGMAT Quant will be slightly tougher and lengthier in calculations/math than actual GMAT. Dont expect too much delta, but if you do well in MGMAT quant then you will do better in actual GMAT.

Also MGMAT has recently re-calibrated their scoring resulting in approx 18 points lower score than earlier.

See below:
-------------------
CAT Recalibration – August 29, 2012
We have recalibrated our CAT scoring. CATs taken AFTER 11:00 AM EDT on August 29, 2012 are scored according to the new calibration. Older CAT scores are unaffected.
Read More
Why are scores being recalibrated?
We periodically recalibrate to have our CAT scores correspond to actual GMAT scores as closely as possible. In addition, the percentiles in our system now match the latest percentiles published by GMAC (earlier this month). These percentiles, especially on the quant side, are undergoing significant shifts.

What is the effect of the recalibration?
New MGMAT Quant subscores, on average, are lower by approximately 1 point.
New MGMAT Verbal subscores, on average, are lower by approximately 1-2 points.
New MGMAT Overall scores, on average, are lower by approximately 18 points.*

What does this mean for me?
When you compare older practice scores to practice scores generated after noon on August 29th, you should subtract 1-2 points from each old subscore and about 15-20 points from the old overall score, to get a rough sense of how you would have done under the new scoring.
We know that this is a significant recalibration, one that impacts your sense of your progress. We’re committed to making our CATs ever better over time.

*Note: An earlier measurement of the effect of the recalibration overestimated the average impact on subscores by 1-2 points and on overall scores by ~9 points.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3