Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I have been invited for Tuck on Campus interview and I was supposed to send my resume 5 business days prior to my interview.

I completely forgot that and sent my resume around 3-4 business days prior to the interview.

In my mail to Tuck admission office, i have just sent the resume and did not mention anything about the delay.

Is this something to be worried about?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
sasankadc wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have been invited for Tuck on Campus interview and I was supposed to send my resume 5 business days prior to my interview.

I completely forgot that and sent my resume around 3-4 business days prior to the interview.

In my mail to Tuck admission office, i have just sent the resume and did not mention anything about the delay.

Is this something to be worried about?

I forgot to send my resume in for my interview (applicant initiated), but I had my resume on-hand for the interview. No one brought it up so I think you'll be fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
"We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses."

Do we think a 502 word and a 524 word essay would be a big issue?????
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
"We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses."

Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm also a prospective student, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Almost every school says they do not count the number of words in your essays; I am sure a 5% overage is barely, if at all, perceptible to the reader.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm also a prospective student, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Almost every school says they do not count the number of words in your essays; I am sure a 5% overage is barely, if at all, perceptible to the reader.

As an EA admit this year, I submitted essays of approximately the same length, just slightly over 500 (505-520). Don't think it's a big deal at all. Hope this helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Bigblue1010 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

As an EA admit this year, I submitted essays of approximately the same length, just slightly over 500 (505-520). Don't think it's a big deal at all. Hope this helps.

awesome thanks! worries alleviated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I did do the optional essay for Tuck and wrote about my quantitative weakness (C in Calc in college, 66% on the quant part of the GMAT). I talked about how I've mainly worked in finance since graduating and have succeeded in doing so, specifically in being placed to manage a small finance project (I work in consulting) recently. I'm only used about 150 words, so I'm hoping I made my point without being excessive.

I guess we'll see in a couple of months, since I applied for the January round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
suecone8 wrote:
I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I did do the optional essay for Tuck and wrote about my quantitative weakness (C in Calc in college, 66% on the quant part of the GMAT). I talked about how I've mainly worked in finance since graduating and have succeeded in doing so, specifically in being placed to manage a small finance project (I work in consulting) recently. I'm only used about 150 words, so I'm hoping I made my point without being excessive.

Man, that was a great idea -- wish I had thought it with my November-round application!

My quant score was also quite low on the GMAT (I don't know why but I never do well on those types of questions) despite working for 5 years in a quant-heavy position in M&A finance/accounting consulting. My college transcript doesn't show a grade for calculus (appears as a transfer credit) since I was able to receive college credit at a local community college for the calculus classes I did in HS.

Oh well -- what's done is done. Let's hope it turns out OK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Do we receive a confirmation email from Tuck stating that the application is now complete?? or that they now have all the required components of the application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
brosnan6 wrote:
suecone8 wrote:

Man, that was a great idea -- wish I had thought it with my November-round application!

My quant score was also quite low on the GMAT (I don't know why but I never do well on those types of questions) despite working for 5 years in a quant-heavy position in M&A finance/accounting consulting. My college transcript doesn't show a grade for calculus (appears as a transfer credit) since I was able to receive college credit at a local community college for the calculus classes I did in HS.

Oh well -- what's done is done. Let's hope it turns out OK

I don't think this is a big issue. I'm in a similar situation/career path and got in EA with a 63% Q score. I think they will look past it given your career credentials.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Is Tuck still sending out Round 1 interview invites? Anybody receive anything in January?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
messi10 wrote:
Is Tuck still sending out Round 1 interview invites? Anybody receive anything in January?

I applied for R1 and still waiting, as my online status remains "submitted". would be great to hear from others as well!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
rcha129 wrote:
Do we receive a confirmation email from Tuck stating that the application is now complete?? or that they now have all the required components of the application?

there is a confirmation email once you've submitted your application. there is also a "completed" date/time as a status (under where it says submitted), although there wasn't an email that said so (at least i didn't receive such an email). hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Guys, on the biographical essay for scholarship application, anyone could give some insights/hints on how this essay should be structured? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V49
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
omnivorous wrote:
Guys, on the biographical essay for scholarship application, anyone could give some insights/hints on how this essay should be structured? Thanks!

The essay is meant to help match your background (geography, professional interests, experiences, etc.) with the various scholarships.

If you receive a merit scholarship, you'll be told an amount. But that amount could be made up of one, two, or more scholarships. Each scholarship may or may not have specific stipulations (for example, a scholarship could focus on students with an interest in a specific field). So really, try to put down as much as you can about yourself (in a cohesive, concise manner).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
gjm8q wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

The essay is meant to help match your background (geography, professional interests, experiences, etc.) with the various scholarships.

If you receive a merit scholarship, you'll be told an amount. But that amount could be made up of one, two, or more scholarships. Each scholarship may or may not have specific stipulations (for example, a scholarship could focus on students with an interest in a specific field). So really, try to put down as much as you can about yourself (in a cohesive, concise manner).

This is extremely helpful, thanks! Just submitted the biographical essay right before the Jan 10 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
Is it all over for R1 applicants who haven't received interview invites? I recall someone on this forum reporting they had received I review invite in December itself.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts