Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
raghupara wrote:
Well, I agree....

I hope one day I get those recommenders who can really care for my growth and move out of their ways and businesses to think and write a detailed helping letter.
I've seen only pure generic or fairly specific business writings -- with a decent intention...

Best of luck with the application process, Gurpreetsingh,

thanks
raghupara

Thanks Raghupara for your wishes !!

May be you can try to meet them off the office and discuss your future aspirations. You will always find some nuts but there are still many who will understand and genuinely try to help you out !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When does Anderson traditionally send out the majority of its R1 interview invites? I know the first group of applicants has been accepted, but as a R1 applicant who has not yet been invited to interview does it not look good for me?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
What exactly we need to upload in transcripts?
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mm2000 wrote:
When does Anderson traditionally send out the majority of its R1 interview invites? I know the first group of applicants has been accepted, but as a R1 applicant who has not yet been invited to interview does it not look good for me?

I'm in the same position and wondering the same thing. Hopefully we'll hear soon so we have time to get down to LA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
PDX105 wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

I'm in the same position and wondering the same thing. Hopefully we'll hear soon so we have time to get down to LA.

I haven't been invited either. I'm thinking its no dice for us at UCLA. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

I haven't been invited either. I'm thinking its no dice for us at UCLA. :(

Could be, but here's hoping for some movement next week :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:

Your transcript is a document that you get from your university after you complete the degree. This includes a list of all the courses you took (in each semester) and the corresponding grades. So essentially, your transcript is a single document that is a collection of your gpa cards for each semester.

I'd suggest you drop a note to the admissions, if you are planning to combine your semester cards (and not upload the transcript). You may combine everything in 1 document by using print screen, cutting pictures, adding everything to a word doc, and finally converting it into a pdf.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 4
Send PM
For those R1 who were not yet invited to interview (like me:( - if you check the last year thread, there is still hope - even for internationals.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
whathowhatho wrote:
For those R1 who were not yet invited to interview (like me:( - if you check the last year thread, there is still hope - even for internationals.

Love the positivity. Good luck to all those in limbo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
whathowhatho wrote:

Right on, whathowhatho!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
PDX105 wrote:
whathowhatho wrote:

Right on, whathowhatho!

Guys,

I hope this would give you some hope, I did get an invite on January, 2nd. Sorry for posting so late, had four deadlines between 2nd and the 9th.

All the best !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V49
GPA: 3.92
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Fellow gmatclubbers, urgent favour!

With the clock-ticking towards the end of Round 2 deadline for full-time MBA, I am still still waiting for my AWA and IR scores! I have my GMAT score with the verbal quant breakdown. What do I do?

If I submit with blank AWA and IR scores and provide the scores to UCLA as soon as I get them, then will I still be considered for Round 2?

Eagerly awaiting quick replies!! Thanks...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
cwary wrote:
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.

Congrats for your great score! I have the same question..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Just submitted my round 2 app. good luck everyone
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:

Your transcript is a document that you get from your university after you complete the degree. This includes a list of all the courses you took (in each semester) and the corresponding grades. So essentially, your transcript is a single document that is a collection of your gpa cards for each semester.

I'd suggest you drop a note to the admissions, if you are planning to combine your semester cards (and not upload the transcript). You may combine everything in 1 document by using print screen, cutting pictures, adding everything to a word doc, and finally converting it into a pdf.

Thanks the detailed response. I do have transcript but it quite bigger than A4 size and difficult to incorporate. Lets see how it goes.

BTW I hope we just need that one page summary and not the actual degree?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts