Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GRE 1: Q160 V158
GPA: 3.21
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V39
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Wake Forest (Babcock) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Congratulations Wag2g! Did you have two interviews with WFU? I just finished mine so I am hoping I will find out any day if I got admitted or not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, fv113. I actually only had one interview and it took around two and a half weeks to get the decision (I think the delay was partially due to the financial aid office being closed for a week during that time frame). Good luck with your applications.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks! I am still waiting for a reply from them, its been over two weeks. Did they call you or did your VIP page change when they accepted you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I actually received a call from the ad comm that did the interview (2-3 weeks after the interview). Then a few days later the VIP was updated with a little box that says "admissions decision ready to review."

Something I noticed about 5-7 days prior to my acceptance, my VIP application checklist changed from waiting on interview to "application complete." I received the acceptance call a few days later. So, if your VIP page doesn't have that nice thumbs up and "application complete" check, then your application probably has not been presented to the admissions committee and you have a little while longer to wait.

I know it's nerve racking waiting for the call, but do your best to not dwell on it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Wag2g! Yeah nothing to do but be patient now, no fun though haha. Interestingly I used to have the thumbs up after my first interview but then I had my second interview and it reverted back to the list. So I guess this means they haven't checked it again, oh well. Wake is definitely worth the wait. Are you for sure going there?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, my guess would be that they are still evaluating your application. Once you get the thumbs up again on the VIP, I would assume that a decision isn't too far off.

And, yes, I will be accepting the invitation. Wake is the only program I was willing to take two years off from work so it was the only program to which I applied.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Wait-listed. The long wait starts now...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's tough. Your stats look good, so I wouldn't give up on Wake. Good luck with the rest of your applications and please let me know how everything turns out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I had interview with WF on 13 Nov. It was a good experience, mainly conversational experience. Asked questions like why MBA, why WF, somethings related to essays and work experience... I am expecting to hear back from them before end of this month.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Can someone help me make a choice between a Wake Forest MBA and the Simon School MBA ? Which course would be better ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 4
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
KMlk wrote:
Can someone help me make a choice between a Wake Forest MBA and the Simon School MBA ? Which course would be better ?

Your question is very difficult to answer without more information. What is your desired career path? Where do you want to live/work after the program? What is important to you in an MBA program? Ultimately, you will have to decide which program is best for you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
UTMPA2011 wrote:
KMlk wrote:

Your question is very difficult to answer without more information. What is your desired career path? Where do you want to live/work after the program? What is important to you in an MBA program? Ultimately, you will have to decide which program is best for you.

This was actually regarding strategy consulting as a career path. Also, I would look for work in the states once I complete my MBA. And according to me employment options after the course would be the most important aspect in an MBA program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I would go with WF, nicer weather and they have placed a lot of international students in US jobs. Visit their schools, talk to faculty and see how you like it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KMlk wrote:
UTMPA2011 wrote:
KMlk wrote:

This was actually regarding strategy consulting as a career path. Also, I would look for work in the states once I complete my MBA. And according to me employment options after the course would be the most important aspect in an MBA program.

Are these the only two programs that you are considering? I would recommend that you ask to speak to current students that are in the consulting track. Ask them which companies recruit and about the consulting career support at the school. You also might want to consider where in the U.S. that you want to work because it does matter. There isn't a hard and fast rule about recruiting, but you should consider attending a program that is close to where you want to live/work. You can certainly recruit across the country, but it wouldn't hurt to be located close to an area that you like. Wake mostly places students in the South. Simon mostly places students in the Northeast.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey!!

How long does the University take to roll out interview invites if they wish to interview?

I submitted my application way back.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nehamahajan wrote:
Hey!!

How long does the University take to roll out interview invites if they wish to interview?

I submitted my application way back.

Wake Forest has a rolling admissions process, so you should have heard something within 4 weeks after your application file was complete. Have you called the school to confirm that there is nothing outstanding? You could also check your VIP status page to check for anything that might be missing from your application file.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Hello people,

Just accepted the offer from Wake Forest and was wondering if there any others out there who have finalized on Wake Forest as well.

Regards,
Arjun
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts