Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
shubbankar wrote:
Denied, unfortunately. Can anyone please tell me whether the decision is for both MBA and MEM? I had applied for the dual degree and thus I wish to know.

Wow, that's so cool. I hope to get one of such calls very soon. I want some $$ :-D
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
shubbankar wrote:
Denied, unfortunately. Can anyone please tell me whether the decision is for both MBA and MEM? I had applied for the dual degree and thus I wish to know.

I believe the Nic school makes its decision separately.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asimov wrote:
shubbankar wrote:

I believe the Nic school makes its decision separately.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Peruvian2013 wrote:
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that yesterday I received a call from AdCom, she told me about scholarship too. I got in with $!! :)

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the call and for the WL be patient....

congrats!

Where is my call from AdCom?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Like some of the posters above, I was really bummed not to get a phone call after getting the online acceptance letter. It's been 2 days already and I haven't heard from anyone...

The whole bschool application process reminds me a bit of 'rush,' if any of you were in the Greek system in college. It's definitely a hands-on process that requires a lot of high-touch communication. There's nothing that can quite replace the thrill of getting a phone call inviting you to the 'cool kids club.' It generates a lot more excitement than to get a letter with no personal touch. I definitely appreciate that students are on vacation and ad coms are busy, but maybe next year they'll start doing calls before the email notification.

Nonetheless, excited to get an acceptance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
abou wrote:
abou wrote:
is there a facebook or google group for admitted students or something?

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks. I think it has to be suggested to the school that a google+ group be opened too. The privacy of facebook groups suck. why should my friends be able to see which groups I have joined? I just dont see the logic behind such a setting. Thanks to this feature some of us would not be able to joint the group since we dont want everybody to know about this venture yet.

Absolutely.. I second that.. even I need a private forum to connect to my to be classmates.. cant join on FB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [4]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
alis wrote:
Like some of the posters above, I was really bummed not to get a phone call after getting the online acceptance letter. It's been 2 days already and I haven't heard from anyone...

The whole bschool application process reminds me a bit of 'rush,' if any of you were in the Greek system in college. It's definitely a hands-on process that requires a lot of high-touch communication. There's nothing that can quite replace the thrill of getting a phone call inviting you to the 'cool kids club.' It generates a lot more excitement than to get a letter with no personal touch. I definitely appreciate that students are on vacation and ad coms are busy, but maybe next year they'll start doing calls before the email notification.

I'd gladly take an acceptance and no call, rather than a waitlist. :P

Maybe your interviewer got sidetracked by life. These things happen. I got into seven medical schools a few years ago. I got a phone call from precisely zero of them. I was thrilled with every one of them. We're all different though :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
krudget wrote:
alis wrote:

Maybe your interviewer got sidetracked by life. These things happen. I got into seven medical schools a few years ago. I got a phone call from precisely zero of them. I was thrilled with every one of them. We're all different though :)

Well good point! It's probably a matter of expectations. I had always heard about everyone getting 'the call' so in my mind that became the norm. Definitely appreciative to get an acceptance though, so I don't mean to sound picky.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
krudget wrote:
alis wrote:

Ha! I was about to post the exact same thing, but chose to abstain. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Send PM
Kudos
alis wrote:
krudget wrote:
alis wrote:

Well good point! It's probably a matter of expectations. I had always heard about everyone getting 'the call' so in my mind that became the norm. Definitely appreciative to get an acceptance though, so I don't mean to sound picky.

Fuqua is unique in that it has a hugely student-led culture more pervasive than others. There are Pros and Cons to this and one of the Cons may be that admitted students don't receive first news of their admittance through a phone call. The Pros though are that admitted students DO eventually get phone calls from their interviewers and Fuqua buddies and that once on-campus, students will have numerous opportunities to lead and make their own impact!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I'm excited to hear on scholarships... looks like only one person or so has posted on an AdCom call with $$... biting my nails for that one :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I got a call a few hours ago with $
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
elbie wrote:

Nice!! Congratulations!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
elbie wrote:

Congrats! I wish i get a call too... soon
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I submitted my app for round 2. Does any one know if we can potentially get an interview invite before Feb 7th?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
alis wrote:
krudget wrote:
alis wrote:

For me, at this point in the process when I'm lucky enough to have multiple admits, I want to attend a school where I feel like I'm a valued person. If I'm going to pay someone $200k, I want to know that it's appreciated. Being just another goat in the herd when other farmers are rolling out the red carpet for me isn't super appealing.

Now, I love Duke. It's been a long process for me to get to this point with Fuqua and I am really appreciative of my offer. Relatively speaking though, when my phone is ringing off the hook with various Ross students calling and I have hand-written holiday cards from Yale in my mailbox, the lack of contact from Duke becomes very evident. I understand that Duke is student-led, and if students want to do the calling that's great -- but they should do it efficiently knowing that other schools have this part of the process down to a science, and at the end of the day, I as the customer can still choose to take my business elsewhere. Extending an offer doesn't close the deal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I wasn't thinking and 'accepted' the admittance offer online pretty much right away assuming I had to do that to receive all of the admit info. In reality, where I go (I have submitted to 4 other schools I have yet to hear from) will be largely based on merit scholarship/aid. Do you think my accepting right away will negatively affect me? If I were an admissions person I might see this and say, this person is coming, why provide the $$$?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts