Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?

Sit tight and wait for an email. There's no set release date for invites, so your email could come at any time!

Yes... But I had submitted mine in R2 so shall I expect it after all R1's gets?

Moroever my case is entirely different than my fellow applicants. I had applied only to UCLA in r2 and will apply in r3, the round in which chances r very skim for internationals.
So UCLA acceptance can change the route of my life this year. :P I have put very honest and simple application, and I hope they like it. I have not done extra ordinary things in life, though I have few achievements and I have highlighted them.

Lets see how it goes..
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?

Sit tight and wait for an email. There's no set release date for invites, so your email could come at any time!

Based on last year's thread, it looks like the last R1 interview invites went out about 2 weeks before the R1 decision release rate (mid-January, aka right around now).

R2 invites started going out at the beginning of February and continued throughout the month.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Based on last year's thread, it looks like the last R1 interview invites went out about 2 weeks before the R1 decision release rate (mid-January, aka right around now).

R2 invites started going out at the beginning of February and continued throughout the month.

Thanks for the valuable info. So it means I should wait without any thoughts till 31st Jan at least.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:

Hi Gurpreet,

As other have pointed out, wait and relax ! :) The invites can come anytime. They will send you an email when you will be invited for interview.

All the best !
SVP
SVP
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
Hi Gurpreet,

As other have pointed out, wait and relax ! :) The invites can come anytime. They will send you an email when you will be invited for interview.

All the best !

Thanks for the wishes and all the best to you too.

I m very excited :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:

Moroever my case is entirely different than my fellow applicants. I had applied only to UCLA in r2 and will apply in r3, the round in which chances r very skim for internationals.
So UCLA acceptance can change the route of my life this year. :P I have put very honest and simple application, and I hope they like it. I have not done extra ordinary things in life, though I have few achievements and I have highlighted them.

Lets see how it goes..

Do you always talk that much, and repeat the redundant and obvious things endlessly?

I bet you face a hard time managing those word limits. Oh wait ... UCLA word limits were made for you !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
HAHA :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
isthereanyleft wrote:
Has any R1 applicant received interview invite in January?

Yes, I received an invite on January 2nd. If you go back a page or two, you will see my posting about the interview invite. As much as I know, there might be more invites coming in for R1 applications. Last year some R1 applicants received invites in third week of January, just few days before the admission decisions were supposed to be released. Based on my research of last year's postings, for the candidates who receive invites that late, the decisions will be released few weeks after the decision deadline for R1.

Keep your hopes alive until Anderson asks you not to :)

All the best !

I have no choice but to wait, then.

When did your application status changed to under-review. Mine still says submitted (hasnt changed since 24th Oct 2012).
SVP
SVP
Send PM
dreamchase wrote:
Do you always talk that much, and repeat the redundant and obvious things endlessly?

I bet you face a hard time managing those word limits. Oh wait ... UCLA word limits were made for you !

Just FYI I managed my word limit pretty well. :P Liking my profile is not in my hand, but I gave my best shot in limited time.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
gurpreetsingh wrote:
dreamchase wrote:

Just FYI I managed my word limit pretty well. :P Liking my profile is not in my hand, but I gave my best shot in limited time.

@dreamchase -- that's a little harsh, IMO. Most everyone here is stressed about their applications. GC is a forum to help garner support from other members during this process; we're not here to tear other people down. Your post might be in jest, but keep in mind that this is the Internet, and with posters of various levels of English language fluency here, words and their meanings can be misconstrued.

Good luck, Gurpreet, and to everyone else still waiting for results. R1s who haven't heard yet, our time is finally coming soon! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
isthereanyleft wrote:

When did your application status changed to under-review. Mine still says submitted (hasnt changed since 24th Oct 2012).

Frankly, today was the first day when I went to the application webpage since I had submitted my application :) It still says "submitted" :)
Just hang in there.

All the best !
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
cognizant2001 wrote:
isthereanyleft wrote:

Frankly, today was the first day when I went to the application webpage since I had submitted my application :) It still says "submitted" :)
Just hang in there.

All the best !

Same! I've already interviewed and it still says "submitted" :) I'm guessing it'll stay that way possibly forever? Haha.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
submitted for R2.....the long wait till Feb....uhhhhhh
SVP
SVP
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Same! I've already interviewed and it still says "submitted" :) I'm guessing it'll stay that way possibly forever? Haha.

I guess you will hear good news around/ before next week. :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
A few questions for anyone with some experience regarding the topic:
I was admitted to Anderson with a fellowship, although I am not aware of the name of the fellowship (if there is one), just the amount.
Does having this fellowship on a resume offer a leg up over a standard grad? How would it compare to someone coming from a more prestigious school with no fellowship? I am WL @ GSB, SLOAN, & Haas, so I am considering all my options.
Will this fellowship be a specific fellowship or is it more of a general scholarship?
Does Anderson offer much more in the line of scholarships etc? I tried researching it on the site but I did not find many links to other aid like Haas has.

Any opinions from people who have been in similar situations? I would take the GSB without money any day of the week, but am unsure on the others.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
I was admitted to Anderson with a fellowship, although I am not aware of the name of the fellowship (if there is one), just the amount.
Does having this fellowship on a resume offer a leg up over a standard grad? How would it compare to someone coming from a more prestigious school with no fellowship? I am WL @ GSB, SLOAN, & Haas, so I am considering all my options.
Will this fellowship be a specific fellowship or is it more of a general scholarship?
Does Anderson offer much more in the line of scholarships etc? I tried researching it on the site but I did not find many links to other aid like Haas has.

Any opinions from people who have been in similar situations? I would take the GSB without money any day of the week, but am unsure on the others.

Thanks!

First of all, congrats for your admits :). People, especially in this thread, would love to be in your situation.

It is a tough call to select between good school with $$ and a top notch school without $$.
No body knows here whether you are financially strong enough to handle the loans if you go without scholarships. Since you will do the same for GSB, why not for sloan or Haas?

This answer can only be answered by you. Anderson is a top school and getting scholarship is a good deal. But if you think your future aspirations fit perfectly with other schools then go for it, even without scholarship. Just as the way you think of GSB.

In case, your aspirations can be fulfilled opting anderson too, then having $$ is a good sign. Since you did not mention the $$ amount, it is not easy to advice you.

Moral of the story is to go for the school you want, irrespective of scholarship.
If you think Haas is above anderson and you do not want to go for the school that ranks lower in some rankings, then you are evaluating with wrong means.

Go for anderson without second thought if it suits your aspirations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:

Thanks!

First of all, congrats for your admits :). People, especially in this thread, would love to be in your situation.

It is a tough call to select between good school with $$ and a top notch school without $$.
No body knows here whether you are financially strong enough to handle the loans if you go without scholarships. Since you will do the same for GSB, why not for sloan or Haas?

This answer can only be answered by you. Anderson is a top school and getting scholarship is a good deal. But if you think your future aspirations fit perfectly with other schools then go for it, even without scholarship. Just as the way you think of GSB.

In case, your aspirations can be fulfilled opting anderson too, then having $$ is a good sign. Since you did not mention the $$ amount, it is not easy to advice you.

Moral of the story is to go for the school you want, irrespective of scholarship.
If you think Haas is above anderson and you do not want to go for the school that ranks lower in some rankings, then you are evaluating with wrong means.

Go for anderson without second thought if it suits your aspirations.

Thanks for the response. A big part of the issue for me is the post grad career prospects. I would like to move into consulting while exploring entrepreneurial ventures. The GSB offers an unparalleled entrepreneurial focus, but will also allow me to transition into a consulting position at a top notch company and thus continue my learning and growth while there.
Anderson obviously does not have as much access to the top consulting firms but does place grads there....for me it comes down to whether I feel my career prospects will be hurt enough to counteract the $$$ (btw it is $60K). I feel the GSB would more than make up the difference $$, but also leave me in a position to really pursue my passion. Sloan and Haas are both great. Sloan has a great focus on entrepreneurship and Haas has a great setup for picking up great consulting skills, but with what I am looking at doing it is difficult to say if either will suit me better (the GSB is the only one I have fallen love with). Also, financing the degree is not an issue...but I still see it as an investment and will make my decision with that in mind.

The tipping point for me may be location...love California and would like to work there afterwards, so building my network in California while in school does appeal to me.
I will still pursue all the WL schools, but also want to have an idea of what I could be getting into @ Anderson vs other schools I am still considering. Another peril of the B school process.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts