Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Darden - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Submitted R2! Now the wait begins....... :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
brosnan6 wrote:
So I'm applying in R2 and I'm wondering how to play the campus visit since I haven't been yet. One option is to go to one of the class visits/campus tours later this month and then presumably do a local interview if invited and if local is an option. Other option is to not visit now and only go to campus if asked for an interview.

My concern is that if I get out there in a few weeks (soonest I could probably get out would be for the 1/30 visit), they may have already taken a look at the application and decided no-go for me and then my visit would be futile. Does anybody know how campus visits play into the process after you've submitted the application? Assuming the further I get from the application submission date the lesser a campus visit would help me.

Thoughts on which strategy would work better or how the visit plays into the admissions process?

Last year, Darden required all students within the United States to interview on Grounds so I am not sure a local interview will be an option, unless this is a change in policy. I personally did not visit Grounds until the day I interviewed so it's not a prerequisite, but that being said visiting beforehand would have helped me write the "why Darden part of my essay." I was fortunate enough that my class visit was before my interview and I could really speak to that.

If you can visit beforehand I would recommend it, but if you have budget constraints or simply can't take off work twice to get down to Charlottesville you should be fine just waiting until your interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Do we need to report official GMAT and TOEFL scores? Or later only if we are offered admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
adimaniac wrote:
Do we need to report official GMAT and TOEFL scores? Or later only if we are offered admission?

Yes, you have to forward official scores. They'll appear in your checklist when received.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
krudget wrote:
adimaniac wrote:

Yes, you have to forward official scores. They'll appear in your checklist when received.

From the website: "We do not require official test scores in order to process your application and get it to the committee for review. You may self-report the scores directly into your online application. If offered admission, you will need to send official documents. However, offers of admission are not binding until official scores are received. If discrepancies are found between self-reported and official scores, the offer of admission will be withdrawn."

https://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/MBA/ ... uirements/

#facts
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bigcountry wrote:
krudget wrote:
adimaniac wrote:

From the website: "We do not require official test scores in order to process your application and get it to the committee for review. You may self-report the scores directly into your online application. If offered admission, you will need to send official documents. However, offers of admission are not binding until official scores are received. If discrepancies are found between self-reported and official scores, the offer of admission will be withdrawn."

#facts

That's precisely why I am confused. Official website says not required but usually schools do require.
As such, to be on a safer side, I can send the scores but then I am trying to save a few $ after paying a hefty application fee :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
bigcountry wrote:
krudget wrote:
adimaniac wrote:

#facts

Good call, I got the checklist with Yale and Booth confused with Darden, due to the same app service. My official score report was not in a checklist for Darden, just checked. So I'd assume the official report is unneeded as per the link.

Though hashtag facts was perhaps unneeded :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
krudget wrote:

Good call, I got the checklist with Yale and Booth confused with Darden, due to the same app service. My official score report was not in a checklist for Darden, just checked. So I'd assume the official report is unneeded as per the link.

Though hashtag facts was perhaps unneeded :P

You're right, I didn't need to be a smartass about it, sorry about that. If you don't know about a school, it's better to send in the official report, but the best thing to do is find out :)

Just b/c I'm bored:
5 min research = $35 * 75% (assumed denial rate) saved
$26.25/5min
$315/hour

Pretty high ROI to figure it out for each school, even if you take triple the time. Hopefully, though, none of the scores you submitted will be sunk costs!!! :) Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
joining the brigade!!! does all 3 ticks on application mean that everything was submitted fine. i wonder why they put my undergrad name below my name. i was expecting my employer's name. are you guys seeing the same thing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Any Darden alum/student (or not) here who can help me with a Tuck vs Darden ($$$) decision?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/poll-tuck-vs-darden-chance-at-prestigious-scholarship-145711.html#p1168463

Any help would be much appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
brosnan6 wrote:
So I'm applying in R2 and I'm wondering how to play the campus visit since I haven't been yet. One option is to go to one of the class visits/campus tours later this month and then presumably do a local interview if invited and if local is an option. Other option is to not visit now and only go to campus if asked for an interview.

My concern is that if I get out there in a few weeks (soonest I could probably get out would be for the 1/30 visit), they may have already taken a look at the application and decided no-go for me and then my visit would be futile. Does anybody know how campus visits play into the process after you've submitted the application? Assuming the further I get from the application submission date the lesser a campus visit would help me.

Thoughts on which strategy would work better or how the visit plays into the admissions process?

Last year, Darden required all students within the United States to interview on Grounds so I am not sure a local interview will be an option, unless this is a change in policy. I personally did not visit Grounds until the day I interviewed so it's not a prerequisite, but that being said visiting beforehand would have helped me write the "why Darden part of my essay." I was fortunate enough that my class visit was before my interview and I could really speak to that.

If you can visit beforehand I would recommend it, but if you have budget constraints or simply can't take off work twice to get down to Charlottesville you should be fine just waiting until your interview.

If based in the US, you are required to go to Charlottesville for your interview. I did not visit prior to the interview and did a class visit in the morning + school tour before an afternoon interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Did anybody else on the R1 Waitlist receive a notification asking to update the waitlist response form again? I received it on Jan 8th (Fuqua's results came out that day). Just wondering if the notification was generic or specific to me ....
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.36
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
hachiko wrote:
Did anybody else on the R1 Waitlist receive a notification asking to update the waitlist response form again? I received it on Jan 8th (Fuqua's results came out that day). Just wondering if the notification was generic or specific to me ....

Got the same e-mail. I updated again but was quite confused. I also e-mailed them to request feedback (based on the blog post from Sara) and haven't heard anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Any current students on this forum that are in the finance club? If so, have a question as part of my research...will you PM me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when Darden will release R2 invites? Is there a set date or a rolling process?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hey guys - I'm looking for some guidance on campus visits. I'm booking a trip to campus on the 28th to do a class visit/lunch with 2YR/tour/etc - the "class visit".

Is it too soon to be going given that I plan to apply R1 this fall (I.e. not this intake period)? What is attire like-I don't see anything on their website so I'm assuming business casual? Are the sample schedules on the visit darden page reflective of what I can expect? As far as the luch with a current student, can anyone share their experiences?

What else should I check out while there?

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I showed up in a suit and tie and quickly took the tie off. Most people were in a sport jacket and khakis or slacks, or a suit with an open collar. A good amount of people didn't have a jacket, just button down or sweater. It's very casual.

For mine, there were 1 or 2 panels to start, then First Coffee, then class. Lunch was casual; it was a table with 2 students and a handful of us visiting. After that, a couple more panels and then a wrap up chance to talk to students.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts