Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
konfabulator1 wrote:
My two cents@cyril94115

INSEAD clearly states that they do not recommend re-applicants. So you don't want to be in a situation where you applied in R3 for an intake and then reapplying for R1 for immediately next intake

They changed that policy, I believe. It used to say that on their website, but now their new application has a specific question directed towards reapplicants... soooo.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
konfabulator1 wrote:
My two cents@cyril94115

INSEAD clearly states that they do not recommend re-applicants. So you don't want to be in a situation where you applied in R3 for an intake and then reapplying for R1 for immediately next intake

They changed that policy, I believe. It used to say that on their website, but now their new application has a specific question directed towards reapplicants... soooo.....

Not true actually. The specific question has always been there. And the website still says it explicitly.
Click here and then check "Reapplications"
https://mba.insead.edu/admissions/admission_policies.cfm

Reapplications

We do not encourage applications from previously rejected candidates. Unless your profile has incurred significant changes in any of the areas relating to our Admissions Criteria, re-applicants should expect the same outcome."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V38
Send PM
@cyril94115

I agree with whats been posted above. It states on the website that they try to keep competition relatively the same throughout the rounds. I think the real question you need to consider is whether or not you want the opportunity to do an internship and whether the Jan intake is better for you personally. Best of Luck to you and everyone else out there applying for Sep. I just got started writing my essays and am applying round 3. Hopefully Ill end up with the rest of these accepted folk!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Still no news R2 guys?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Chetangupta wrote:
Still no news R2 guys?

Nothing yet on my side. Tension for us R2's starting to build :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
No news, doubt they'll be emailing us this week
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Guys, i just sent an email to my admissions officer and got an auto-reply back saying the admissions team is on a professional training programme until 14 January. So seems unlikely round 2 interview invites would go out before Monday...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Druid wrote:
Guys, i just sent an email to my admissions officer and got an auto-reply back saying the admissions team is on a professional training programme until 14 January. So seems unlikely round 2 interview invites would go out before Monday...

Christmas plus training, I would expect last minute interview invitation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
I found this interesting information from 2011 posts. It will help R2 and R3 candidates:

Ok, here's my coles notes version of my current journey for you R2 applicants. Good luck!

What my former boss (and insead interviewer) said the interviewers would be looking for:
Can you articulate the INSEAD value proposition?
What is your story to date and what is the going forward picture? How does INSEAD/the MBA fit in?
What do you bring to the table? Is it industry knowledge? International outlook? Etc.
Do you have poise and confidence in your communication?
Based on the interview, your interviewer needs to be able to answer these four questions. The fourth one mainly comes through when you turn it into a conversation and not have it a one way interview.

Information session/Campus visit:
I visited both the fonty campus and went to two of the information sessions in Canada. Basically, the same information was presented at all three, except the campus visit was good to get a feel for Fontainbleau itself and get a feel for how international the class was really likely to be. They all talked about how international their alumni network is, and how they were seeing trends of ppl going into industry instead of the traditional consulting and banking fields. They displayed a list of their most prominent recruiters. Showed one student life video – an insead dash in s’pore (you can search youtube for this)

Application Pointers:
The most important part for ppl applying is their explanation of how profiles are scored. 25% academics, 25% leadership potential, 25% international outlook, 25% ability to contribute. Academics are almost exclusively focused on GMAT. Not so focused on the total GMAT score, more focused on the verbal & quant percentiles. 70-75 percentile is the general minimum across V and Q, but exceptional strengths in other areas of your app may compensate. Leadership potential may include teams you actually lead, displaying leadership styles, and your ability to move up relative to your industry/peers/country (e.g. a Japanese accountant might move up a lot more slowly than a North American consultant working for IBM – key is you’re getting promoted in time or ahead of your peers relative to your profile). International outlook can be stuff like how many passports you have, how much you’ve lived/worked/studied in other countries, how many languages you speak, etc. Ability to contribute is somewhat linked to your diversity profile, but not the same thing. Things you contribute might be your knowledge of diff business functions, industries, or general backgrounds. Extremes of ability to contribute might be indian engineer who has never worked with international clients or stepped outside the country vs a top ivy undergrad turned international concert pianist that ran her own brand as a business and was active in its management. Overall, if you can weave the 3 non-academic areas together throughout your essays as much as possible, you have the possibility for a very strong app. The reason why I say possibility is because it comes down to your actual experiences, your writing style, and the experiences you choose to put in. It's possible that your actual experiences could get you in, but the latter two could hold you back and you may get dinged before your interview invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Thanks for that vital info mbaonly -- very helpful.

Well, this is the week guys. Surprisingly enough, I have not been nervous...at all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
Thanks for that vital info mbaonly -- very helpful.

Well, this is the week guys. Surprisingly enough, I have not been nervous...at all!

I dunno about nervousness or if I can call it that- but I do have a slight sense of anticipation for the coming week- but yeah, I reckon it's just the roll of the dice now...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,
Got an email this morning from the INSEAD admissions officer stating that i've been pre-selected for the interview.
Im now waiting for them to "match me up" with alumni who will interview me.

I work in Dubai. Anyone else from this region who's been pre selected?
best of luck for all the others!
regards,
Rahul
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
rahuld84 wrote:
Hey,
Got an email this morning from the INSEAD admissions officer stating that i've been pre-selected for the interview.

regards,
Rahul

Congrats and good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
rahuld84 wrote:
Hey,

regards,
Rahul

Congratulations dude!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
seriousmonkey wrote:
rahuld84 wrote:
Hey,

regards,
Rahul

Congratulations dude!

Congrats rahuld84. Who is your admission coordinator?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Kudos
I also just received an email saying that I have been pre-selected for the interview. The admissions officer said that the she would get back to me regarding the names and contacts of the alumni who will conduct the interview.

Good luck to all the R2 applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Congrats to all who got interviews. Are you guys starting in Fonty or Singapore?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts