Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Was anyone invited for an interview in the last few weeks or did anyone interview this week ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
suchivuk wrote:
Was anyone invited for an interview in the last few weeks or did anyone interview this week ?

suchivuk,

I interviewed in 1st week of Jan. I am not sure whether anyone is interviewing this week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
A couple of weeks left for the outcome on R1 applications. I hope they continue to call applicants for interviews and not waitlist them without one. :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Looks like my "Statistics Course" requirement column is not updated yet. However, it's updated for most of them here on this forum. Initially, I thought this was not a big deal. But, come to think of it, if the AdCom has already decided that one is NOT going to make it to the class, why would they bother updating that section? :shock: It doesn't make any sense to me. Now, I am trying to read between the lines here and assuming that if the AdCom updates that section, then that person is IN. :) This could be just my anxiety playing a prank on me - 2 weeks before the deadline. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Kenny0929 wrote:
Looks like my "Statistics Course" requirement column is not updated yet. However, it's updated for most of them here on this forum. Initially, I thought this was not a big deal. But, come to think of it, if the AdCom has already decided that one is NOT going to make it to the class, why would they bother updating that section? :shock: It doesn't make any sense to me. Now, I am trying to read between the lines here and assuming that if the AdCom updates that section, then that person is IN. :) This could be just my anxiety playing a prank on me - 2 weeks before the deadline. :)

Step back for a second and take a breath. All it means is that they haven't gotten around to reviewing your file yet. There are still a couple weeks until the deadline and I'm sure they're working through everything as fast as they can, but there are a lot of applications. I interviewed a couple weeks before you. So, chances are your file is just further down in the stack.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
Kenny0929 wrote:

Step back for a second and take a breath. All it means is that they haven't gotten around to reviewing your file yet. There are still a couple weeks until the deadline and I'm sure they're working through everything as fast as they can, but there are a lot of applications. I interviewed a couple weeks before you. So, chances are your file is just further down in the stack.

Well.. I really hope you are right, packet82! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
suchivuk wrote:
A couple of weeks left for the outcome on R1 applications. I hope they continue to call applicants for interviews and not waitlist them without one. :-)

I am also getting a little nervous as I did not receive an invitation for an interview yet :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Well, I did interview but not nearly as well as I had hoped, and I'm seeing blanks in my statistics requirement section too.

Two weeks seems awfully long especially when you're having sleepless nights :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Not much else you can do at the moment other than wait. Assuming you're done with all your applications, take the free time to do something fun. Once school starts, there isn't going to be much free time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
File is under review - Pre-Reqs are showing blank. Waiting for the interview call. Two weeks to R1 deadline. Jeez !! This is getting interesting. :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
suchivuk wrote:
File is under review - Pre-Reqs are showing blank. Waiting for the interview call. Two weeks to R1 deadline. Jeez !! This is getting interesting. :-)

Just curious: If you don't mind me asking, what's your profile (GMAT, industry, etc)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sure. 8 yrs in Supply Chain Operations in a PM / Quality role. Managed org level initiatives. I have worked for only 2 big companies so far in my career. Masters in US. Two good recos. A nice GMAT score (Not the greatest data point i have on my app !!) :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
suchivuk wrote:
Sure. 8 yrs in Supply Chain Operations in a PM / Quality role. Managed org level initiatives. I have worked for only 2 big companies so far in my career. Masters in US. Two good recos. A nice GMAT score (Not the greatest data point i have on my app !!) :-)

Looks like you have a pretty good profile. I wonder if they really read an application before sending out an interview invite. I was of the impression that they just screen based on stats like GMAT, gpa, WE etc. to make that decision.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Did any of the R2 candidates notice any updates on their application or heard from the AdCom?

I am curious how many days it will take before we notice any updates on the R2 applications. I submitted my application for R2 last week and my file is in "received" mode as of today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R2 ! - You can really relax ! I mean it, cause the R1's are still waiting (even those who have interviewed) ! :-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Haas has a history of putting R1 and R2 applicants in wait list mode and call many of them for interview during R3 after comparing all the candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if even after a month I don't hear anything from Haas.

So I am relaxed! :) - just trying to get a overall pulse and get the other R2 candidates respond.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That is good info. You actually hit the anxiety button down even for the R1's i guess. :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts