Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:02 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
CAapplicant2015 wrote:
what is up with ucla? rnd 1 applicant and haven't heard a peep. not even an acknowledgment that my app was received.
Same here. Of the 5 schools I've applied to, Anderson is the only one I haven't heard anything from. Glad I'm not alone. What about Michigan? Any interview offers out there?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Dinged at NYU, still waiting to hear back from YALE/UCLA... hopefully there will be good news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GPA: 2.98
WE:Underwriter (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
jchue wrote:
Has anyone else from round 1 heard from Emory/Goizueta regarding interviews? I only see one from this message board who has gotten an interview. Anyone else?

I recieved an email invite from Emory on Monday to schedule an interview before Jan. 18th, so I am interviewing tomorrow via Microsoft Lync. I have also not heard back from Anderson besides the email they send out over the holidays letting us know that they were still sending out invites. Lastly, I have not heard back from Stern besides the intro email, but it doesn't seem like too many of us Consortium applicants have heard anything...as far as I can tell from this Forum.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
Send PM
MBALA wrote:
Did anyone else get an update email from Yale today, definitely stopped me in my tracks!

Are you R1 or R2? Did you get an invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
R2 here, submitted 1/4 and just go confirmation 1/15 that my application was forwarded by the Consortium. Haven't heard from any schools, except UNC to schedule an interview (they have an open interview policy and I was on the mailing list).

Seems like I could be in for a long wait, haven't had any confirmation from the schools that they have my app. USC said they let all Consortium applicants know around mid-Feb when I spoke with them however.

Good luck everyone

(I would suggest emailing Travis at the Consortium or anyone else if your app hasn't been forwarded. He was a huge help for me when my scores took too long to arrive which delayed forwarding my app.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
jrabinovitz wrote:
Dinged at NYU, still waiting to hear back from YALE/UCLA... hopefully there will be good news.

Woah. Sorry to hear. Did you do an interview or straight ding? I just checked my app and still doesn't say anything and your gmat is higher.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
yeloaw wrote:
MBALA wrote:
Did anyone else get an update email from Yale today, definitely stopped me in my tracks!

Are you R1 or R2? Did you get an invite?

It was just an update email confirming that they had received the application. It said that decisions will be released on 2/22. I applied R2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Anyone live in NYC and want to meet up for an application process beverage sometime? Haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Was thrilled of a UVA interview invite a while back until finding out there’s an on-campus only rule. Clear and conspicuous notice to it should've been on the Darden Consortium supplement. If it were, this low income Latino lawyer wouldn't have applied.

In the words of Admiral Ackbar, “it’s a trap!” Lower multiple application fees and the Consortium Fellowship were the bait. Getting an interview invite felt like winning a lottery. But, to claim the prize, one must incur travel expenses. Seems really sketchy.

After not spending my money to be sold a timeshare in Virginia during a visit, I ended up in a good spot. First, Yale and Cornell are Consortium schools letting me to do Skype interviews. Second, I applied for free to Vandy and was offered a full scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats on your Vandy scholarship and interview invites with Cornell and Yale! However, I would caution you from labeling Darden as "a trap" or "sketchy" considering their website clearly states "Candidates living in the U.S. must interview on the Darden Grounds with a member of the Admissions staff or Student Admissions Committee."

One could assume the use of the term "candidate" encompasses every single person applying, Consortium or otherwise. I think that language is clear enough for even a lawyer to understand. :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
a few hundredb ucks to potentially save 110kish in expenses is pretty good last time i checked
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
The audacity!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
its5oclocksomewhere wrote:
Congrats on your Vandy scholarship and interview invites with Cornell and Yale! However, I would caution you from labeling Darden as "a trap" or "sketchy" considering their website clearly states "Candidates living in the U.S. must interview on the Darden Grounds with a member of the Admissions staff or Student Admissions Committee."

One could assume the use of the term "candidate" encompasses every single person applying, Consortium or otherwise. I think that language is clear enough for even a lawyer to understand. :P

In order words, a clear and understandable statement of the policy is found on some website that Consortium applicants would never even have to visit in order to apply... What a great way to give sufficient notice...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
rrossjd wrote:

In order words, a clear and understandable statement of the policy is found on some website that Consortium applicants would never even have to visit in order to apply... What a great way to give sufficient notice...

I also saw on the website that those on the westcoast CAN do skype instead. Are you on the westcoast?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
anyone consortium (R1 or R2) get an invite from stern?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
rrossjd wrote:

lol @ "some website". I certainly hope you did the bare minimum due diligence of at least visiting the websites of the school's you're applying to.
:roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Not hearing anything is dirving me crazy! The only school I have heard back from is Maryland. I voluntarily set up my UNC interview. Any word on when Round 2 interviews will come out for UVA, Michigan, and Cornell?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts