Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
asiddiqi86 wrote:
Yeah i guess your right but I am in Pakistan and its going to take me weeks to get a visa for on campus or any of the off campus locations plus work commitments ao its a big hassle, so i guess adcom would probably take that into account. I am surprised they dont have Dubai as a hub because that would have still been convenient.

I was initially apprehensive of skype interviews. However, having had more than a couple of skype interviews, I would personally advise that - don't sweat over it too much. On-campus is a different thing, but between off-campus alum and skype, I'd now choose one that is convenient for me.

The silver lining is that most skype interviews are held by senior Adcom members who have certain clout on admission decisions if you happen to be a case on margin.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
sgrunt wrote:
Has anyone read / heard anything about wave 2 interview invites going out? I looked back through R1 and there was a gap of about 3 weeks between wave 1 and 2. Just trying to see if anyone out there has any additional info regarding how they are organizing their invites.

I got nothing. Since the Jan 10th interview invites went out, haven't heard anything from the adcom folks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi all, I submitted my R2 application as well and now nervously waiting....
I checked my status earlier, and it still says "payment accepted and form submitted", will this change if my application is under review?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Invited for R2! Their email went to my company email's spam folder a week back, and they sent me an email today asking what's going on, freaking out and flying to the U.S. tomorrow to give the interview!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Round II Interview Invites Wave 2 will go out again on February 4th as per Soojin's blog- No need to check until that date!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,

Where do we check the application status?

Thanks
raghupara
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Had my interview in Starbucks in Houston, flew in from Costa Rica the night before. First fail - WEAR A SUIT. mine wasn't dry cleaned since I booked this last minute, so i wore a shirt and tie thinking its Starbucks. He came suited and booted. =S

So Ross has a fixed format, he had a 2 page printout with questions, didn't vary much, I mention this as European schools are more conversation from what I hear from alumni and tend to go off on tangents.
So you're from McKinsey, I guess you want to join back as a consultant after? (to which I told him no, want to join the industry, he was surprsied and probed which one and why).
So tell me about this one project on your resume, what did you contribute?
Why an MBA? What do you want to do in the future?
How's Costa Rica, why move there, I didn't know McKinsey had an office there, what is your role?
So what do you do in your free time?
How would you consider your experience at Ross a success upon matriculation?
Tell me a time you worked in a team, and you had difficulties with a team mate, How did you deal with it?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Aximili85 wrote:
Had my interview in Starbucks in Houston, flew in from Costa Rica the night before. First fail - WEAR A SUIT. mine wasn't dry cleaned since I booked this last minute, so i wore a shirt and tie thinking its Starbucks. He came suited and booted. =S

So Ross has a fixed format, he had a 2 page printout with questions, didn't vary much, I mention this as European schools are more conversation from what I hear from alumni and tend to go off on tangents.
So you're from McKinsey, I guess you want to join back as a consultant after? (to which I told him no, want to join the industry, he was surprsied and probed which one and why).
So tell me about this one project on your resume, what did you contribute?
Why an MBA? What do you want to do in the future?
How's Costa Rica, why move there, I didn't know McKinsey had an office there, what is your role?
So what do you do in your free time?
How would you consider your experience at Ross a success upon matriculation?
Tell me a time you worked in a team, and you had difficulties with a team mate, How did you deal with it?

Thanks for sharing, Aximili85! Sounds like pretty standard questions, but it's good to hear he followed up on details. I've been surprised at the lack of that follow-up in some other program's interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?

At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepeneurship
Schools:Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
GMAT 2: 620 GMAT 3: 700  Q46  V40
GPA: below 3.
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Send PM
How many questions do people usually prepare for interviews? I have my first one next week with Ross (Skype)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sagaUCLARoss wrote:

agreed, i was wondering the same today, just twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best I guess..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
aerien wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:

At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Ah shoot, does mean that Ross only sends out admission decisions on March 15??? I interviewed today with Ross and last week with Kellogg so I guess I'm going to have to try to forget all about them for quite some time...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
nullvoid325 wrote:
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.

Can you share the questions that were asked and whether you interviewed on campus or with an Alum? Also, great if you can share your profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
nikhil1234 wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:

Can you share the questions that were asked and whether you interviewed on campus or with an Alum? Also, great if you can share your profile.

Sure. I interviewed with an alum in India. My interview was conversational, and we covered the following topics.
- Why MBA; Why Ross; Why now; My role in team; Learning experience, with some occasional follow-up questions.
Profile: Indian/ M/ 700 GMAT/ 3Y BB Tech + ~1.5Y Financial Consulting.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
beehagit wrote:
aerien wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:

Ah shoot, does mean that Ross only sends out admission decisions on March 15??? I interviewed today with Ross and last week with Kellogg so I guess I'm going to have to try to forget all about them for quite some time...

Yup. They usually start calling admits a few days before, but you'll have to wait until March to hear anything.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts