Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
I'm in NYC and would be open to an HH sometime.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Cornell (accepted)
Send PM
Sooo true... I got my invite 32 days after I submitted. then of course wrote about getting the inivte: https://money9111.blogspot.com/2011/02/c ... nvite.html

sit tight... go out... party... try to forget about it all. you're in the home stretch

helpmehelpme wrote:
just as an FYI to everyone who is spazzing.. it usually takes a month for most b schools to get back to applicants on average about an interview :) so enjoy the wait lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
i'm in ny too
Manager
Manager
Send PM
awesome. ive been working down in brasil at a startup but im popping back at the end of the month for a week and will be back early march as well :) got a good little grouping of new yorkers so far!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
just got an email from johnson that they received my app and Im able to log in. I'm guessing interview invites will be happening next week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
So I have yet to receive an email from the Consortium, stating that my application has been forwarded to the schools I applied to (they are waiting to receive my official test scores)... but I received an interview invite from Kelley last weekend. Does anyone have any idea how this process works? How does Kelley know that I applied, if the Consortium has not forwarded my application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Just got accepted into Cornell and invited to the leadership weekend! Pretty pumped. I interviewed before submitting my application so my process was definitely atypical. I received the confirmation to check my status after I received the call. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Round 2 applicant (submitted 1/4). Got and e-mail today with my Johnson application account info so I thought I'd login and look around. Wow. An admission decision already... after less than 2 weeks. That was super quick. Unfortunately, it was a ding :( I guess they REALLY didn't like me and/or the fact that I ranked them #5. On the bright side, it's one less school to stress out over during this waiting process.

Originally posted by elleesie on 17 Jan 2013, 17:55.
Last edited by elleesie on 18 Jan 2013, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
DMNY31 wrote:
rrossjd wrote:
its5oclocksomewhere wrote:
Congrats on your Vandy scholarship and interview invites with Cornell and Yale! However, I would caution you from labeling Darden as "a trap" or "sketchy" considering their website clearly states "Candidates living in the U.S. must interview on the Darden Grounds with a member of the Admissions staff or Student Admissions Committee."

One could assume the use of the term "candidate" encompasses every single person applying, Consortium or otherwise. I think that language is clear enough for even a lawyer to understand. :P

In order words, a clear and understandable statement of the policy is found on some website that Consortium applicants would never even have to visit in order to apply... What a great way to give sufficient notice...

lol @ "some website". I certainly hope you did the bare minimum due diligence of at least visiting the websites of the school's you're applying to.
:roll:

My research on any school's website focuses almost always on the substantive merits and tangible program offerings rather than going on a treasure hunt to find 'some website' with an arbitrary burdensome on-campus interview procedural rule. But, I could be doing it wrong... :-D

Why does the rule exist? What purpose does it serve? And, what's going to happen when all other schools adopt a similar policy?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
always read the footnotes ;) can miss out on critical info if you dont haha

not to be harsh but there are more than a few schools that do this already. if everyone does it then you get to see a lot more of the country i guess ;) and if every school would do this then less people would apply to all the schools then yields would go up and maybe less waitlisting?!

life sucks, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do :) im sure if you have them highly ranked on your CGSM app and you end up getting the consortium fellowship with them the few hundred you spend on visiting will be a very moot point :)

overall in the b school pool many would kill to spend a few hundred bucks to visit and have a high chance at a fellowship. its worth it
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
I live in New Jersey but I can use the path to NYC for happy hour.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Send PM
joydrop513 wrote:
Just got accepted into Cornell and invited to the leadership weekend! Pretty pumped. I interviewed before submitting my application so my process was definitely atypical. I received the confirmation to check my status after I received the call. Good luck everyone!

Congrats Joydrop! Do you mind if I ask your profile info? When did you apply? did you attend a diversity weekend or similar? WE, GPA, GMAT? Being invited to leadership weekend is an amazing opportunity, i'm hoping I'll be joining you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Got a note from Ross this morning saying that they have my app, are ready to consider it, etc. Anyone else get this? (Consortium R2)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cole2012 wrote:
Got a note from Ross this morning saying that they have my app, are ready to consider it, etc. Anyone else get this? (Consortium R2)

got this from stern, r2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
cole2012 wrote:

Thats good. I am fairly certain (based on interactions with admissions) that Ross groups R1/R2 consortium applicants together and send out invited for cgsm applicants in one batch. If you are invited to interview at Ross, you will also be invited to attend a weekend long conference hosted by the Black Business Student Administration in mid February. I attended last year and it was an incredible experience. Good luck everyone! Hope Ross sends out consortium interviews soon! Looking forward to meeting some of you on campus.

Originally posted by RossMBA2014 on 18 Jan 2013, 11:58.
Last edited by RossMBA2014 on 18 Jan 2013, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Just wanted to send an update out for anyone who applied to McCombs... Last Friday, Ms Clifford sent out an email saying apps were being uploaded into the McComb's admission system and you should be able to access your status, etc. I let the week go by and their system still says they haven't received my application (cgsm rd 1, but yes UT is one of the school that consolidates cgsm rounds).

Anyway... I just called Ms. Clifford and she confirmed that they are having some issues with their system. When she sent that email, she was under the impression that everything was a 'go'. But she says they are working on it. I know I've done all I can do and just need to forget about apps until I'm contacted for further news, but this waiting game is eating me alive! LOL... less than two months....less than two months :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
Just wanted to send an update out for anyone who applied to McCombs... Last Friday, Ms Clifford sent out an email saying apps were being uploaded into the McComb's admission system and you should be able to access your status, etc. I let the week go by and their system still says they haven't received my application (cgsm rd 1, but yes UT is one of the school that consolidates cgsm rounds).

Anyway... I just called Ms. Clifford and she confirmed that they are having some issues with their system. When she sent that email, she was under the impression that everything was a 'go'. But she says they are working on it. I know I've done all I can do and just need to forget about apps until I'm contacted for further news, but this waiting game is eating me alive! LOL... less than two months....less than two months :lol:

thanks for the update!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts