Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:02 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Is 2+ years of experience good enough to apply for an MBA? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
anuj4ufriends wrote:
Hi Linda,
Thanks for the reply. I dint understand a point.If I take the exam in next 4 months, then how will my experience be 4 years by the time I get into a B-school? What does by the time you matriculate mean exactly ?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. If you take the exam in 4 months, that's in April. I'm assuming you plan to apply in Fall of 2013 to matriculate,which means to enroll in a college or university as a candidate for a degree, in Fall 2014. If you currently have 2 years 6 months of experience, then by September 2014, you should have a little over 4 years of experience because that's over 1.5 years away.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Accepted.com wrote:
anuj4ufriends wrote:
Hi Linda,
Thanks for the reply. I dint understand a point.If I take the exam in next 4 months, then how will my experience be 4 years by the time I get into a B-school? What does by the time you matriculate mean exactly ?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. If you take the exam in 4 months, that's in April. I'm assuming you plan to apply in Fall of 2013 to matriculate,which means to enroll in a college or university as a candidate for a degree, in Fall 2014. If you currently have 2 years 6 months of experience, then by September 2014, you should have a little over 4 years of experience because that's over 1.5 years away.

Best,
Linda

Am completely blank on what happens after one takes gmat, so please pardon me if my question annoys you. Suppose I give my exam this year in April, then I would be sharing the scores with schools for Fall (Sep- Dec) 2013. If schools approve my profile, then my classes might be starting around the same time (December or so) right? If am wrong, please explain what all happens when a candidate completes his gmat exam. Thank you.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
anuj4ufriends wrote:
Am completely blank on what happens after one takes gmat, so please pardon me if my question annoys you. Suppose I give my exam this year in April, then I would be sharing the scores with schools for Fall (Sep- Dec) 2013. If schools approve my profile, then my classes might be starting around the same time (December or so) right? If am wrong, please explain what all happens when a candidate completes his gmat exam. Thank you.

dude? You havent spent even a day doing some reasearch, have you?
I would love to see what Linda has to say on this :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Vips0000 wrote:
anuj4ufriends wrote:

dude? You haven't spent even a day doing some research, have you?
I would love to see what Linda has to say on this :-D

Why I came this way: I wanted to do MBA but since I had started by career as software engineering, never had enough push to really get me going, until one day, when one of my friends showed me that the time was apt.
About research: The first thing I went on to do was to find a forum which can help me with my journey towards GMAT and here I am. I happened to look at a post(New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>) by bb which had information regarding the right materials to use. Thus, I started my journey and never happened to really know what happens after taking GMAT. I thought I can find the answer here itself anyway, and thus I am spending 1-2 hrs on this site daily, along with my prep.
Send PM
Expert Reply
anuj4ufriends wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
anuj4ufriends wrote:
Hi Linda,

Best,
Linda

Anuj,

I really recommend my book MBA Admission for Smarties which can guide you succinctly through the various stages of the MBA application process. It provides an approach and framework for the entire process. It is available in paperback and kindle version on Amazon. It is also available in India from Flipkart. You need something more comprehensive than post or special reports. If you want something free, go with MBA Action Plan: 6 Steps for the 6 Months Before You Apply

The next step for you would be researching schools to find the ones that support your goals and where you are competitive.

Best,
Linda

Best, Linda
GMAT Club Bot