Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V49
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
SauravD wrote:
I am a R2 applicant residing in bay area. I just noticed the 'Status description' for my application status has changed today. My application status had changed to "application under review" on the 20th of December and status description read something like " Your application is ready for review......" ( I precisely remember the 'ready for review')

Today status description reads:
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
The status however still remains "application under review".

I am concerned about the second sentence. Does this somehow mean I am not chosen for interview?? Do all of you have a similar status description.

Also, if this is the status description prior to getting an invite, does anybody know what the average time is prior to getting invite?

I had that too and got waitlisted...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi all,

I confused by the wording in my Haas application status report.

This is what is in my login page.

Application Status: Application Under Review

Status Description
Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents.

Additional Notes:
We will require an official transcript from **** University if you are invited to interview.

Are they waiting for my official transcript? But they clearly state that I should send it only if I got the invitation. Anyone else has this situation?

PS. I submitted on 11/29 and got only e-mail saying that they will contact me within 4-6 weeks if my application is incomplete. I did not receive any e-mail saying that my file is complete or incomplete.

Originally posted by guardonz on 20 Jan 2013, 06:54.
Last edited by guardonz on 20 Jan 2013, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
guardonz wrote:
Hi all,

Status Description
Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents.

Additional Notes:
We will require an official transcript from **** University if you are invited to interview.

Are they waiting for my official transcript? But they clearly state that I should send it only if I got the invitation. Anyone else has this situation?

PS. I submitted on 12/29 and got only e-mail saying that they will contact me within 4-6 weeks if my application is incomplete. I did not receive any e-mail saying that my file is complete or incomplete.

You are fine. So if you get invited for an interview ask the ad-com whether you should bring your transcript to the interviewer or send it to the school. Right now you don't need do anything unless you got an interview invitation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MALD2011 wrote:
guardonz wrote:
Hi all,

Status Description

Additional Notes:

PS. I submitted on 12/29 and got only e-mail saying that they will contact me within 4-6 weeks if my application is incomplete. I did not receive any e-mail saying that my file is complete or incomplete.

You are fine. So if you get invited for an interview ask the ad-com whether you should bring your transcript to the interviewer or send it to the school. Right now you don't need do anything unless you got an interview invitation.

Just saw my mistake on submission date. I submitted on 11/29, is it still fine with this note? Do you get the same status and note?
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
guardonz wrote:
MALD2011 wrote:
guardonz wrote:
Hi all,

Status Description

Additional Notes:

Just saw my mistake on submission date. I submitted on 11/29, is it still fine with this note? Do you get the same status and note?

yes, you are fine. I have the same status and mine requires my degree certificate too. But don't worry about it. If it helps just call/email the ad-com and ask them. Haas is very timely in replying to emails.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Don't worry about this unless you are invited for an interview. When you are invited, Haas sends you an email telling you to have your previous institutions send official transcripts to their office.
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Question for experts out there. Should I update the ad-com about the following situation or not?
I submitted my FT MBA application for Haas R2. A week ago I received "Going Above and Beyond Award" at work. It was the resut of my last 4 months of hard-work. I had been going out of my way to help other team-mate to keep his/her project on time and to find solutions with my technical, project management and cultural understanding. I worked 4 to 5 hrs/ week extra on top of my own project work. My name was nominated by someone in my team. 4 people receive this award annually out of 800 ppl on my company campus. This award doesn't come with any financial prize. It is more of an acknowledgement of hard-work and excellent teamwork.

I am taking a guess here for the reason why I won this award because nomination is anonymous and award is for people who go beyond their defined roles for the growth of the company.
This award doesn't come with any financial prize. It is more of an acknowledgement of hard-work and excellent teamwork.

So should I mention it to ad-com or it is not significant enough? If you suggest that I should update the ad-com about it, then what is the best way to do so. An email or a statement with my managers endorsement?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
MALD2011 wrote:
Question for experts out there. Should I update the ad-com about the following situation or not?

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't. It would make a great waitlist or interview update though.
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
machichi wrote:
MALD2011 wrote:

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't. It would make a great waitlist or interview update though.

Thanks Machichi, :-D

How's your final decision round going? Are you close to making a call yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
MALD2011 wrote:
I submitted my FT MBA application for Haas R2. A week ago I received "Going Above and Beyond Award" at work.
So should I mention it to ad-com or it is not significant enough? If you suggest that I should update the ad-com about it, then what is the best way to do so. An email or a statement with my managers endorsement?

I'd save it as additional ammunition for a WL. Definitely slip it into your interview though.
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
stayfrosty6 wrote:
MALD2011 wrote:
I submitted my FT MBA application for Haas R2. A week ago I received "Going Above and Beyond Award" at work.

I'd save it as additional ammunition for a WL. Definitely slip it into your interview though.

Thanks stayfrosty. That's the plan. I might send a note to Kellogg though since I already interviewed there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
SauravD wrote:
I am a R2 applicant residing in bay area. I just noticed the 'Status description' for my application status has changed today. My application status had changed to "application under review" on the 20th of December and status description read something like " Your application is ready for review......" ( I precisely remember the 'ready for review')

Today status description reads:
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
The status however still remains "application under review".

I am concerned about the second sentence. Does this somehow mean I am not chosen for interview?? Do all of you have a similar status description.

Also, if this is the status description prior to getting an invite, does anybody know what the average time is prior to getting invite?

mine says the same now also :( keep us posted if you get an interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Any more R2 updates? My app is still "Application Status: (Application Under Review)"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
This wait is killing me. I have the dreaded "Application Under Review" designation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:
This wait is killing me. I have the dreaded "Application Under Review" designation.

Ditto...I have to believe they'll be sending out a slew of invites in the next two weeks for non-Super Saturday interviews.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
You guys are over-thinking all this
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]