Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Quote:
We're discussing appropriate dress for a B-school interview in the thread for this particular school. It's on topic.

Your rudeness is ridiculous. As is your trendy hash tag. I sure hope you aren't my future Darden classmate.

Rudeness? This clearly is a misunderstanding. I wasn't acting sarcastic, I actually meant it.
Infact, I forgot pushing the kudos button on the post.

Grab a beer or something !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
I don't think he was being rude at all. Actually, I think he was being honest.
Lighten up!

Thanks cody mate.

'Lighten up' is surely the better way of putting it than 'grab a beer'. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Glad to see everyone could get along! Admittedly, everyone's a little burnt out and their fuses are a little short after applying to b school :lol: . Let's just all enjoy the next "short" two months as one big, happy R2 family! :woohoo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepeneurship
Schools:Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
GMAT 2: 620 GMAT 3: 700  Q46  V40
GPA: below 3.
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Send PM
I still have not got my Interview invite from Kellogg, Is anybody else still waiting? I emailed them and they said we have a lot of applications and it might take a couple of weeks. Kellogg does interview everybody right? Maybe they dont have an alumni in my area (International Student for Pakistan). Is anybody aware if Kellogg only does in person or do they use Skype interviews as well?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
asiddiqi86 wrote:
I still have not got my Interview invite from Kellogg, Is anybody else still waiting? I emailed them and they said we have a lot of applications and it might take a couple of weeks. Kellogg does interview everybody right? Maybe they dont have an alumni in my area (International Student for Pakistan). Is anybody aware if Kellogg only does in person or do they use Skype interviews as well?

They have not forgotten about you. You will receive a waiver if they are unable to match you with an interviewer. HOWEVER, this does NOT mean they dislike your application. The process of reviewing applications is a separate process. If after reviewing it they determine you are a good candidate, they will reach out to set up an interview (skype or in-person). That is a good sign. Not getting an interview is not in an of itself a bad sign.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
going back to the topic of interviewer, my alumni interviewer's career (tech/start-up) had no correlation with my own. I would brush off any similarities as a (convenient) coincidence.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
For US residents, is it an advantage to interview earlier? Debating between early Feb and late Feb. Wondering if admissions/acceptances are more of a rolling nature or everything is decided in the end.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Accounting, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi dude, I received the updated email on the upcoming interview severals days ago (off-campus interview), however, no further information since then, like 2 weeks already? Could I write an email to push them or wait for their arrangement? Is there anyone the same to me? Thanks for your sharing and inside information.
ayiayio wrote:
Hi dude, I received the updated email on the upcoming interview severals days ago (off-campus interview), however, no further information since then, like 2 weeks already? Could I write an email to push them or wait for their arrangement? Is there anyone the same to me? Thanks for your sharing and inside information.

I havent hear back as well. I submitted my part 1 on 12/2. I am located in Asia though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
[/quote]

But is there any Indian R2 Applicant who has been interviewed yet?[/quote]

Or an Indian R2 applicant who has been invited to interview? If so, please respond with some details so that the rest of us can stop chewing our nails![/quote]

Hi, I am an Indian applicant from R2. Got my interview invite on 19th Jan and I interviewed with an Alumni today morning. I am in Joburg, South Africa which has been an area of low interview demand so i am not too sure what to make of it but just glad that i got a chance to interview.
Abt the interview:

It was very very relaxed and chilled out. The interviewer asked me why i chose to come to SA. Then spoke about my experience and we went over each role in details. She asked me challenges i faced during my current and last role .. and how i overcame them. The interview lasted for an hour and there were no odd ball questions and went well. If anyone needs more info can pm or reach out tto me here would be happy to help. Now the waiting game starts!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
linsanity wrote:
For US residents, is it an advantage to interview earlier? Debating between early Feb and late Feb. Wondering if admissions/acceptances are more of a rolling nature or everything is decided in the end.

Kellogg does not do rolling admits. All decisions are released the same day (they called admits the day before the decision date in R1). So it shouldn't matter when you have your interview. Just do it when it's convenient for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
I got an interview waiver because they dont have alumi in my area....Good? Bad?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
ahmad86 wrote:

Neutral for now. If you haven't gotten an invite about 2-3 weeks before the deadline, bad.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
ahmad86 wrote:

Did you get a mail saying you got a waiver or did u find it through a status change?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
I'm an R2 applicant and have done my interview. Logging into the the app status check, it says my application is complete and gone for review etc... Also says:
"The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round."

Looking back, seems as though R1 decisions didn't go out until a day or so before the deadline this year - can anyone from R1 confirm if they had this same message on the app status check?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
brit12 wrote:
I'm an R2 applicant and have done my interview. Logging into the the app status check, it says my application is complete and gone for review etc... Also says:
"The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round."

Looking back, seems as though R1 decisions didn't go out until a day or so before the deadline this year - can anyone from R1 confirm if they had this same message on the app status check?

Yes, we had the same message. There was a lot of discussion on this thread when we didn't hear anything the week prior to the decision date. Kellogg has a new admissions director this year, and we believe the change was made to help reduce the anxiety of applicants in the weeks before the decision date. However, the message seems to be from last year's application (it still said last few weeks), so it didn't really help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
brit12 wrote:

Hey, where & how did you find this message? I am a R2 applicant too, and I have done my interview on Jan.2. However, there is nothing changed on my application page since the day I submitted Part II...a little worried now...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts