Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: HEC MiM Grande Ecole 2013 intake [#permalink]
Hello! I would like to know if it is possible to be accepted in the hec mim grand ecole program if you are 29 -30 years old?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hey guys,

especially for my German MIM applicant colleague ;) I am from Austria and considering this programme as well, I really love it, for various reasons. Have you looked up scholarships? I just found this one website in the links of HEC, but it is in French, so I need to wait for my gf or someone else to translate it^^.

Anyone else already applied? Some experiences?

@Location:
Yeah, I've seen from google maps that it's about 30km from the Parisian centre, but I dont really think this is a disadvantage. The campus is big, so for during the week I would basically: study, do sports, meet with colleagues (also party possible ;)) and on the weekends you can travel to the centre, go out there, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HEC's MIM is undoubtedly a great program in terms of both academics and job placement. However, you should take in to account the fact that the program does not offer a lot of scholarship. The maximum amount is 6000 euros, which is less than 30% of first year tuition. Furthermore, if you are awarded Eiffel scholarship (separate application), the merit scholarship will be voided.
I understand that it would be a great investment; however, most applicants are recent grads, some of whom have already accumulated loan from their undergraduate study. Expect them to take on that much more financial burden is somewhat unreasonable.
ESCP Europe, on the other hand, is extremely generous, which is indicative of their great philosophy in rewarding excellence and talent. This is where I'm heading next year!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hautit wrote:
HEC's MIM is undoubtedly a great program in terms of both academics and job placement. However, you should take in to account the fact that the program does not offer a lot of scholarship. The maximum amount is 6000 euros, which is less than 30% of first year tuition. Furthermore, if you are awarded Eiffel scholarship (separate application), the merit scholarship will be voided.
I understand that it would be a great investment; however, most applicants are recent grads, some of whom have already accumulated loan from their undergraduate study. Expect them to take on that much more financial burden is somewhat unreasonable.
ESCP Europe, on the other hand, is extremely generous, which is indicative of their great philosophy in rewarding excellence and talent. This is where I'm heading next year!

Well, from what I understood, the Eiffel scholarship is a little bit more than 1,120€ per month, which is really OK in my point of view.

but thanks for your input, ESCP has a very nice programme as well, but there are two things.... first, the test(s): they do not accept GMAT for internationals, i mean wtf, their campuses are like the only ones asking for EMAT, or SAI..... have u already done such a test?

Second is more personal: I don't speak french or spanisch..... I would learn it and start in London or Berlin with the english programme, but then there's still the admisstion test thing, unfortunately.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SirGMAT wrote:
Well, from what I understood, the Eiffel scholarship is a little bit more than 1,120€ per month, which is really OK in my point of view.

but thanks for your input, ESCP has a very nice programme as well, but there are two things.... first, the test(s): they do not accept GMAT for internationals, i mean wtf, their campuses are like the only ones asking for EMAT, or SAI..... have u already done such a test?

Second is more personal: I don't speak french or spanisch..... I would learn it and start in London or Berlin with the english programme, but then there's still the admisstion test thing, unfortunately.

I don't know what you're talking about. ESCP is one of the five SAI schools, thus its application process is the same; namely, it accepts GMAT.
The program is also taught in English at the Eiffel campus.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hautit wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about. ESCP is one of the five SAI schools, thus its application process is the same; namely, it accepts GMAT.
The program is also taught in English at the Eiffel campus.

Ok.... I have looked it up today on this website:
https://www.escpeurope.eu/escp-europe-pr ... ss-school/

I even scanned the relevant parts in the whole info PDF, and it clearly states that for the French campus you need Englisch AND French, and that the above mentioned admission tests are necessary.

Am I missing something? Please provide me with the link you were working with.

thanks and
best regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello guys, I want to know that do we need European format for resume when applying to European schools. I'm applying for ESCP, HEC, EMLYOM, Audencia Nantes through SAI.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
Send PM
hi everyone!

I am also planning to apply for the HEC MiM in january i.e second round. I am apllying through SAI.

Please share your experiences if you have already applied to it.

I found that SAI gives very few characters to complete the essays. Did anyone else face the same problem?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Too bad the program takes two years to complete. I would have loved to apply.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Hey guys

I've applied for the sep-2013 intake via SAI R2. I just got invited for the interviews today...anyone else?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Same here... Does anyone have some reliable statistics about the selection at the interview?
Could someone who has already been to the interview tell his/her experiences?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
Send PM
I also have the same situation. Would love to hear from someone who has faced the interview!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
raghunathb1411 wrote:
Hey guys

I've applied for the sep-2013 intake via SAI R2. I just got invited for the interviews today...anyone else?

Hi Raghunathb1411. I have been invited to the interview as well.

Tell me more about yourself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
LEAZGSIN wrote:
Hi,

Same here... Does anyone have some reliable statistics about the selection at the interview?
Could someone who has already been to the interview tell his/her experiences?

Cheers

Lets start discussing potential questions:

One question that really gets asked is: Why MIM? Why our particular University? Why France? What plans after you earn your degree?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yep I too have gotten an invite for the interview. Would love to hear someone tell me more!

Btw what are your interview dates?

Originally posted by bvp on 27 Jan 2013, 14:52.
Last edited by bvp on 15 Feb 2013, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Yep even my interview is on the 15th of Feb in New Delhi, am travelling from mumbai on the 13th. This'll be my first interview
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey i have been invited by all 5 SAI schools. can anyone tell me what all documents we need to carry for interview?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts