Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:00 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
NTUx   NUSx   
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: NUS MBA VS Nanyang MBA [#permalink]
ericlim wrote:
MacFauz wrote:
You should take this with a pinch of salt.. But IMHO NUS is leaps and bounds ahead of NTU in terms of prestige.. Asked to select one of the two NUS would be a very easy choice....

hi and thanks for your input. may i understand your perspective towards NUS being more prestigious than NTU? is it based on your experience in India or elsewhere? :)

I am speaking solely on the basis of reputation in India. More people know of NUS than NTU. Moreover NUS is almost always ranked much higher than NTU... However, from what I have seen, unless you are a singapore citizen, the job placement opportunities at both the schools are not very bright.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
ericlim wrote:
MacFauz wrote:
You should take this with a pinch of salt.. But IMHO NUS is leaps and bounds ahead of NTU in terms of prestige.. Asked to select one of the two NUS would be a very easy choice....

hi and thanks for your input. may i understand your perspective towards NUS being more prestigious than NTU? is it based on your experience in India or elsewhere? :)

I am speaking solely on the basis of reputation in India. More people know of NUS than NTU. Moreover NUS is almost always ranked much higher than NTU... However, from what I have seen, unless you are a singapore citizen, the job placement opportunities at both the schools are not very bright.

Thanks for your input. You are right, NUS is usually ranked above NTU, with exception of the recent FT ranking. I am a Singaporean and I am looking at staying in Singapore for the next 6 years before considering elsewhere, with Australia in mind. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Based on what I've heard from people I used to work with in Singapore, NUS is only slightly better than Nanyang in the traditional MBA/business community but NUS seems to be revered in the Singapore non-MBA world to the extent that there are even some (delusional folk) who believe NUS is equal to or better than INSEAD. Internationally within Asia, (and I loosely include Australia here) NUS is definitely more well-known and probably has a better network than Nanyang. But if the Nanyang P/T programme works better for you and you're not going to be working with laymen, it's probably worth considering.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [0]
Given Kudos: 275
MacFauz wrote:
ericlim wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

It's an old post. But is this information still true?

The recent FT rankings of both NUS and NTU are great. What about the job placements of both institutes? What are the prospects for Indians to find a job in Singapore after an MBA from these two institutes?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GRE 1: Q168 V156
Send PM
NUS MBA VS Nanyang MBA [#permalink]
Kudos
Shiv2016 wrote:

The recent FT rankings of both NUS and NTU are great. What about the job placements of both institutes? What are the prospects for Indians to find a job in Singapore after an MBA from these two institutes?

Companies will require to sponsor intl students for work visa there, and intl students who graduated from unis such as NTU or NUS are somewhat disadvantaged with the local counterparts. Graduates from these unis will compete for the best jobs as NTU and NUS are the best unis in the country, and this will make job hunting for intl students somewhat tougher.

But no worries, SG companies are no strangers in providing workers visa and I think with the right internships and previous WE you can definitely get a job. Nevertheless pressure to score a high GPA will be higher as you need to show these companies why you will be worth their effort on provising you workers visa. Networking is very useful as well in Asian countries, arguably the impact on networking is stronger as compared to networking in Europe or USA. Try to get these recruiters favor with things other than your GPA or WE.

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
jxav wrote:
Shiv2016 wrote:

Companies will require to sponsor intl students for work visa there, and intl students who graduated from unis such as NTU or NUS are somewhat disadvantaged with the local counterparts. Graduates from these unis will compete for the best jobs as NTU and NUS are the best unis in the country, and this will make job hunting for intl students somewhat tougher.

But no worries, SG companies are no strangers in providing workers visa and I think with the right internships and previous WE you can definitely get a job. Nevertheless pressure to score a high GPA will be higher as you need to show these companies why you will be worth their effort on provising you workers visa. Networking is very useful as well in Asian countries, arguably the impact on networking is stronger as compared to networking in Europe or USA. Try to get these recruiters favor with things other than your GPA or WE.

Thanks for your reply.
I have work experience of three years, marketing background, and a GPA of 3.5. But I am still preparing for GMAT. What GMAT score will make my profile stronger?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GRE 1: Q168 V156
Send PM
Shiv2016 wrote:
jxav wrote:
Shiv2016 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.
I have work experience of three years, marketing background, and a GPA of 3.5. But I am still preparing for GMAT. What GMAT score will make my profile stronger?

I think average GMAT for NUS is around 670, 3 years of WE is not great but solid enough for NUS imo. I think at least 680-700 will get you around 70-80 % chance of landing an interview by the very least providing that you give a good essay. I have seen some people getting in with lower than average GMAT, but they often offset it with excellent essays. Good luck for your preparation.

Director
Director
Great!! Thanks for your reply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi,
I wanted to understand which would be a better school to opt for full time MBA, NUS or NTU?
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
ericlim, could you please tell us which school did you finally join and what factors contributed towards selecting your school over the other option? It'll be great for the community to learn from your insights and decision. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1132 posts