Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I am trying (and failing) not to think about it. The other night I had a dream I got in, woke up disappointed, went back to sleep, and had another dream that I got waitlisted. Can't wait for the anticipation to be over!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Wow, way to scare me Tuck. As if I'd forgotten about the decision date or something...

I know somebody mentioned this earlier, but I did end up forgetting about that reminder. Paid the price with a quick heart attack lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
sesamemochi wrote:
Wow, way to scare me Tuck. As if I'd forgotten about the decision date or something...

I know somebody mentioned this earlier, but I did end up forgetting about that reminder. Paid the price with a quick heart attack lol.

Same thing happened to me. Maybe the subject line should read "Login Information for Your Tuck Application" rather than "Your Tuck Application"; the former is pretty self-explanatory while the latter makes your heart skip a beat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Applied in the January round and got an interview invite yesterday.

I've heard that Tuck interviews are all about 'fit' - how they really want to see how well you fit into Tuck's culture, your team work etc.

Is there anything else that Tuck particularly focuses on in the interviews? Would love any help I can get! Also I'll be interviewing over skype.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
rocky312 wrote:

I've heard that Tuck interviews are all about 'fit' - how they really want to see how well you fit into Tuck's culture, your team work etc.

Is there anything else that Tuck particularly focuses on in the interviews? Would love any help I can get! Also I'll be interviewing over skype.

just had an interview onsite yesterday (Jan 31). It was conducted by a second year and was very casual. Opened with "walk me through your resume," went into strengths/weaknesses. I get the feeling that I would have been asked about leadership and teamwork if I hadn't worked that into my description of strengths. Also asked why MBA/why Tuck - again feel like I would have asked what I would contribute to the Tuck community if I hadn't already detailed that in the 'why tuck' portion. Final question was '3 things I want the admissions office to know about me' which threw me for a bit of a loop (I got the impression this generally throws people for a loop as I asked for a second after my first two to come up with a good third one, and was told that a lot of people don't make it through the first one). Then asked the interviewer questions about Tuck (hockey - he was on the A Team, Dartmouth Energy Collaborative, Tuck Partners and job opportunities, community for partners, etc).

Fit did seem to be very important throughout the interview and I remember reading somewhere that the interviewer basically reports back to the adcom whether or not they felt you would fit in to the Tuck community.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Retail Banking)
Send PM
A friend and myself (both US living abroad) applied in January round and received Tuck-iniatiated interviews about 30 minutes ago. The deadline to interview either on campus or via Skype is February 20.

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Holy crap, I just got invited to interview. I can't believe it. I messed up my application in a silly, but very noticeable and a very terrible way. Once I realized the mistake, I had all but written off any hopes of attending.

Amazing, Tuck. Great people for seeing through all of that.

Edit: Does anyone know what the admissions rate is for Tuck-initiated interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
rocky312 wrote:

Congratulations! My advice would be - focus on teamwork, know your strength and weaknesses well, demonstrate your knowledge about and fit with Tuck and, needless to say, communicate smoothly. [Tip: Refer to Clearadmit guide online]

A word on 'fit'. As per my understanding of the process, 'fit' is a very important, perhaps even an added admission criteria at Tuck unlike some of the other schools. It is important to convey how one's history exemplifies he /she will fit into the culture of the school. However, it's not the be all, end all and comes only after other aspects of one's candidature viz leadership, teamwork, intellectual ability are sufficiently demonstrated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi,
Got interview invite for on-campus or Skype. (jan round)
Anyone knows if the skype interview is video or audio only?
And if video, Should i dress business attire?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
dormor wrote:
Hi,
Got interview invite for on-campus or Skype. (jan round)
Anyone knows if the skype interview is video or audio only?
And if video, Should i dress business attire?

There are a few threads with tips on this forum, but here are the cliffs notes: yes to video, dress in business attire (including pants!), make sure you are in a quiet room, think about wearing tasteful headphones so there is no feedback, and check the video beforehand to make sure what's behind you looks professional.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1175 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
 Q47  V26 GMAT 2: 540  Q45  V19 GMAT 3: 580  Q48  V23
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Send PM
Is Tuck finished with inviting Jan round international candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
dvanrip wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Did most other applicants receive a response to the "Thank You" email/letter sent to your interviewer after the interview?

I often tend to read way too far into these little things which likely hold very little meaning but was just curious.

I sent notes to my interviewer, tour guide and a current student who introduced himself to me in the hallways, and received messages back from the 'TG' and 'adhoc' but not the interviewer. She was, however, one of the first to congratulate me on being accepted to Tuck when the time came.

So don't think too much into it...

Thanks dvanrip! Hard not to let all these little things worry you but that is certainly encouraging.

I applied in the EA round and sent thank you notes to the admissions coordinator, my class visit host and the interviewer. This was done two days after the interview so I believe the interview report had already been submitted.

I personally felt it was rude not to send an email considering how amazing they all were. (Also, I think some interviewers do care. When I've interviewed job candidates at work, I see it as a big negative when they don't take the time to send a thank you note.) I received responses from all of them within a few hours, and given my experience at Tuck, it's what I expected. It's such a great community and they genuinely care about making everyone feel welcome and appreciated. My interviewer even wrote in the response that he hoped to see me at admitted students weekend, so I took that as a good sign. Unfortunately, I was waitlisted!

So in summary... Yes, sending thank you notes is important. Yes, the interviewer should respond. But does it REALLY influence the admissions decision? No, probably not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
Kudos
ifif 2012, I disagree with you on both: sending notes and the fact that interviewer should respond. These points create unnecessary pressure for both applicant and interviewer. If you didn't send a thank you note or didn't receive a response, don't worry - it's a nice to have but in the end it DOES NOT matter. Focus on what's important - your application!!! Just a personal opinion...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
If it helps those who applied in the Jan round - a friend of mine in India received his interview invite at Tuck yesterday. He is based in India and will do a Skype.
Kellogg School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
January Round applicant from India. Still waiting to hear anything.

Originally posted by finmaster on 04 Feb 2013, 00:15.
Last edited by finmaster on 04 Feb 2013, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
str1der wrote:
If it helps those who applied in the Jan round - a friend of mine in India received his interview invite at Tuck yesterday. He is based in India and will do a Skype.

Thanks for the update. Submitted for Jan Round too. Understanding the limited spots in Jan Round (most admits been released in EA and Round One), honestly I did not give too much hope on this one. Just sit tight and wait.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Did most other applicants receive a response to the "Thank You" email/letter sent to your interviewer after the interview?

I often tend to read way too far into these little things which likely hold very little meaning but was just curious.

My interviewer was awesome! He sent me a thank you note before I could send him one! Lol! (Although that was primarily because he hadn't gotten a screen shot of my photo id)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts