Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Schulich (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: HOW to pin down colleges for FINANCE MBA ??? [#permalink]
sumantMBA wrote:
Thanks a lot , Neha !!!

Can you please help me with some site links where i can find the list of finance MBA colleges.
Also one more important query, as my background differs to what i want to pursue , would it really affect my profile in front of admission council ?

Hi Sumanth,

You can see MS Finance Ranking in Financial Times here https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2012. If you want to have your your profile evaluation you can also PM me your complete profile so that I can provide your feedback accordingly. You can also try your chances of getting admit in a B-School of your choice by using this tool https://bit.ly/13kJ1ZU

Feel free to write if you have any further queries.

Cheers!
Neha Singh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Neha ,

Thank you for your inputs , but i am looking for MBA in FINANCE not MS.
Also to add as i have already mentioned , i am planning to go for it after a span of 2-3 years time , currently working to improve my profile, the brief profile is already given.

Regards,
Sumant
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIMB, advantages.us, IIML
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: iim-bangalore - Class of 1994
GMAT 1: 750 Q59 V43
GPA: 3.12
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
sumantMBA wrote:
Hello everyone,

Wanna join Finance MBA in the world's top 20/30 universities , please help me to decide on how to pin down my selection
Still have 2-3 years before joining any MBA course

Brief profile description :
------------------------
Currently working with IBM for past 2 years <awarded appreciation & promotion> ,
Completed graduation in engg with 3.4 GPA<Btech> but currently interested for finance field
Planning to appear for CFA Level 1 and Level 2 exams in the next 2 years and also planning to shift to some banking job
GMAT yet to be taken < target 700+ >

Active member of toastmaster
Been active member in college and school with all round activities ( Event manager at Techfest , House captain , dance , elocution , volleyball, hockey, football, swimming champion , university swimming champion , enjoyed playing a lot of games , etc. )
Been involved with NGO as a supporter

WHat are the factors to look for while selecting the colleges for FINANCE MBA with my kind of profile mix?
Please suggest any college that you feel will be right fit for me and also if there is any improvement needed from my side. (as i have time to plan and sort things before MBA)

Thanks and Regards,
Sumant

Since you seem to be planning for a stint abroad, i must warn you that your experience is on the short side and not relevant in the US scheme. That just means other asects of your application have to be perfect. The MBA rankings aalysis posted by bb and souvik ina separate thread are however most comprehensive in terms of improving your chances to get in. once you do that ony you will be in a position to demand your choice of discipline.

However another important part of your Fin apps nowadays will be the available presentations and MOOCs on Mathematical Finance and taking a choice project if you are still studying or back at your school with your favorite professors. If I was recruiting i would not be able to say no to that profile ..Imprtantly ths Mathematical finance is tough and even if you think you understand you need to study it more than 2-3 times to be able to make an impact with it, thus allowing you to use them in interviews. ideally you can just choose select issues and champion the real issues with the right tools from the available ones, showing your analytical skills an discretion as well and then making it an integral part of your essay .
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts