Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
saurabhjainpec wrote:
I believe ross is strict 700+ school. No place for even 690's or 680's.

Simply false.

If that we're the case, they would accept almost everyone with exactly 700 as their average is 703.

Furthermore, as noted above their 80% range is 650-750.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
About not entertaining scores in the range 680s or 690s - this is disappointing if true.

Their class profile however shows middle 80% in the range starting from 650. However, me being from engineering background and being an Indian female, I am not sure if the expectations are high.
I come with 8 years of work experience of which 5+ yrs is international, concentrating on CPG/Retail sector alone. I have a pretty decent GPA. I have not received an interview invite yet and I am beginning to get nervous.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
SauravD wrote:
About not entertaining scores in the range 680s or 690s - this is disappointing if true.

Their class profile however shows middle 80% in the range starting from 650. However, me being from engineering background and being an Indian female, I am not sure if the expectations are high.
I come with 8 years of work experience of which 5+ yrs is international, concentrating on CPG/Retail sector alone. I have a pretty decent GPA. I have not received an interview invite yet and I am beginning to get nervous.

I suspect that its only true if you belong to one of the overrepresented applicant profiles. The fact that you are female and not in tech probably excludes you from those groups.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Whiplasher wrote:
SauravD wrote:

I suspect that its only true if you belong to one of the overrepresented applicant profiles. The fact that you are female and not in tech probably excludes you from those groups.

I am actually from Tech background. I have been a lead/ programmer analyst all this while. Since, I work onshore, I get involved on the functional side and hence come with enough functional/domain knowledge in Retail/CPG sectors. I was always thinking there may not be as many women applicants with 8+ years of work ex and I thought this would set me apart, other than my extracurriculars. Not seeing any invites so far, is making me lose hope.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [4]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
SauravD wrote:

If i had read rumors and mis-truths bandied about on this site, i would have never applied to Ross. People forget that the GMAT and GPA, they are part of the application, not the only aspect of the application.

I have a GPA of 2.5 undergrad and a GMAT of 630. I got my sweet interview invite yesterday. Watch this space, as i blow the interview out of the water and get in.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [2]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
16% of last year's admits had a GMAT score below 680. Ross, and many other top MBA programs, are looking for much more than a GPA and GMAT.

I highly recommend interviewing on-campus, especially if you've never been to Ann Arbor. It's a fantastic college town. There are lots of bars and restaurants integrated with central campus (which is where Ross is). Plenty of housing that is extremely close. Most of the town is really walkable.

They've also done a great job clustering many of the graduate schools together. Business, law, education, social work, and public policy are all together on the same "block" so to speak, so taking courses at other schools is logistically easy and the graduate schools feel like a smaller community within the large university.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Ross held two group interview sessions in China. I attended the SH session and saw over 30 candidates there. These people were all invited to one-on-one interview in Wave 1. Considering there was another wave of interview invites, I am wondering how low the interview acceptance rate would be.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
fingercross wrote:
Ross held two group interview sessions in China. I attended the SH session and saw over 30 candidates there. These people were all invited to one-on-one interview in Wave 1. Considering there was another wave of interview invites, I am wondering how low the interview acceptance rate would be.

Surprisingly, it's pretty high. According to Soojin's interview with P&Q, it is around 70%. Who knows if this number would hold true this year? The interview is from Dec 2011.

Quote:
What percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted?

A high percentage, maybe 70%. I don’t know off the top of my head.

https://poetsandquants.com/2011/12/15/th ... usiness/6/

This actually adds up. I am using approximate numbers.

Number of applicants = 2500;
Invited to interview (40%) = 1000
Offered Admission (70% of the interviewed) = 700;
Historical Yield = 70%;
Class Size = 700*70% = 490.

Again, just rough numbers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have applied for Dual degree MBA / Mph . Dentist from India . 7 years work experience out of which 2 years worked for a charitable organization. Gpa 3.51. Gmat not so good. As I read, it said they look for people with different profiles. I don't know how different my profile stands out to be but keeping my fingers crossed. I have a received admit calls from a few uni's but really looking forward to an interview call invitation from ROSS. frankly, as days pass by, I am starting to loose hope :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
nyama wrote:
People forget that the GMAT and GPA, they are part of the application, not the only aspect of the application.

Surely, and so are essays, work-ex, recommendations and nationality.
nyama wrote:
I have a GPA of 2.5 undergrad and a GMAT of 630. I got my sweet interview invite yesterday. Watch this space, as i blow the interview out of the water and get in.

Congratulations! you surely must have had a great application and awesome essays to overcome 2.5 GPA and 630 GMAT.
I wish there was a way to experiment -same gpa, same gmat, same essays but indian profile (not even IT). I doubt if Ross will even keep such profile on waitlist. would have been a great reality check, either for you or for me.
And btw, good luck for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Vips0000 wrote:
nyama wrote:
People forget that the GMAT and GPA, they are part of the application, not the only aspect of the application.

Surely, and so are essays, work-ex, recommendations and nationality.
nyama wrote:

Congratulations! you surely must have had a great application and awesome essays to overcome 2.5 GPA and 630 GMAT.
I wish there was a way to experiment -same gpa, same gmat, same essays but indian profile (not even IT). I doubt if Ross will even keep such profile on waitlist. would have been a great reality check, either for you or for me.
And btw, good luck for the interview.

That would be one interesting exercise specially for the Indian applicants!!!

Also all the very best to those of you who got the calls in Wave 2. Looking forward to your interview inputs
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did not see any updates on admission blogs regarding dates for next wave of interview invites. No email updates either :(
Waiting is a tough job!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SauravD wrote:
Did not see any updates on admission blogs regarding dates for next wave of interview invites. No email updates either :(
Waiting is a tough job!!

Yups sure it is :x
Am tired of refreshing the mails!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Im sure there is a next wave....I still see a lot of open slots for off campus interviews in new delhi
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
skbhagra wrote:
Im sure there is a next wave....I still see a lot of open slots for off campus interviews in new delhi

when is ur interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
saadhu wrote:
when is ur interview?

I havent scheduled it yet as I am trying to reschedule an important business trip.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadhu wrote:
skbhagra wrote:

when is ur interview?

I got a reply from admissions office that there is very less chance of third wave of interview. So if anyone has not received interview on 4th Feb then chances of getting one are very slim.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts