Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Have I changed jobs too much? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
harsha88 wrote:
Hi,
My profile goes like this-
age -25yrs
Indian, female.

std 10- 82%
12th- 76%
Graduation- B.com(accounting and finance)- 83%

work exp-
aug 2009- july 2010- worked at a retail store- managerial position- great responsibilities and more of a business set up .. (due to economic slowdown)
Aug 2010- aug 2012- KPMG- Audit- analyst - promotion in terms of responsibilities and team leading exp- but no promotions on paper.
Currently - since 3 - 4 months working in a small consultancy on assignment basis- full time

Career goal- switch to marketing/ luxury brands or consulting- not management consulting
Gmat- aiming for 600 range.

Work wise is my profile ok? Will the retail and consulting exp be considered well by the schools?
And ideally can I mention I want to switch to marketing now so I want an MBA- does this clash against my first year of direct sales and then audit exp?

Pls help, Im in a big dillema as I am applying to a school where they need me to chose my specialization before the start of the prog.

Thank you

If you can make a case as to how your retail experience and your accounting experience will help you in retail marketing once you earn an MBA in the field, then you should be fine. And I don't think this case is tough to make at all.
I don't see any clash at all. You worked in retail. Tried accounting, and decided you are more interested in retail. However, you accounting experience will give you an analytical edge and understanding of the financial foundation of a business. You also recognize that you need formal training in luxury good marketing. Your retail experience was valuable, but is not enough upon which to build your career.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Have I changed jobs too much? [#permalink]