Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
rb2cc wrote:
How does one tell if the interviewer has submitted feedback? My email is acting up; is there a way to tell on one's status page?

Thanks

You should have a notification that you have a new status update on the application page (same place where your 3 interview choices were listed). When you click on it, it should just say something like "we have received your interview feedback"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey guys, here’s an unusual question:

My #1 interviewer is out of town right now but would be happy to interview me in 2 weeks. For a few different reasons, I think he would really connect with my background and what I want to get out of a Columbia MBA, and he’s had a fascinating career. Given Columbia’s process though, I’m hesitant to wait so long – I received an invite on Feb 1 (applied 1/8) and would interview 2.5 weeks later. Would you move on down the list (recent grads and very unrelated background and industries) or risk slots filling up in exchange for a more meaningful interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
mrbucket wrote:
Hey guys, here’s an unusual question:

My #1 interviewer is out of town right now but would be happy to interview me in 2 weeks. For a few different reasons, I think he would really connect with my background and what I want to get out of a Columbia MBA, and he’s had a fascinating career. Given Columbia’s process though, I’m hesitant to wait so long – I received an invite on Feb 1 (applied 1/8) and would interview 2.5 weeks later. Would you move on down the list (recent grads and very unrelated background and industries) or risk slots filling up in exchange for a more meaningful interview?

IMHO, i would interview as soon as possible -- knowing that slots fill up on a rolling basis and that even the most qualified candidates can miss an opportunity if the timing isn't right. good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Schools: CBS '15 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
I planned to say that you should get your interview as soon as you can but changed my opinion after looking how many new students in Columbia Facebook group, 241. I think that the real quantity isn't more than 300 (some will go to other schools, some haven't joined yet,...) so we have 200 slots at minimum. You have smth to think about.
However, I think you could be mistaken assuming that things will necesarrily go smooth with that interviewer and probably worse with others. Nevertheless, time is not your friend here, waiting for your interviewer you can get your interview on 15 Feb, then you can easily wait for 2 weeks while he sumbit his/her report (1 March) and then (around 10 March) you will compete with more candidates + waitlisted for smaller spots, the worst scenario of course.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I AM IN!

App: 9/30
Invite to interview: 10/28
Interview: 11/12
ED-Waitlist: 11/20
Accepted: 02/05

Good luck to all of you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Not seeing many/any interview invitations sent out this week. Do we think more will come in the next few days?!?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Even though they are rolling admissions things seem to happen in waves. My guess would be they send out a wave of interview invites, then once they get the feedback they focus on those applicants again and send out a wave of admit/dings. Then they send out more interview invites, etc. So they are kind of alternating between the two. This is purely conjecture on my part but it would make sense since they do review all the applications again after your interview goes complete.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Just admitted!

App: 12/18
Invite to interview: 1/9
Interview: 1/24
Accepted: 02/06!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in as of today. I was told deposit is due by Feb 21st! Is this normal? It seems like a yield protection mechanism. After tomorrow, all others admitted will have until April to submit their deposit. Any thoughts on this or getting this extended?

Just to update: my full timeline is consistent with last poster

Originally posted by old1442 on 06 Feb 2013, 17:17.
Last edited by old1442 on 06 Feb 2013, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
dn1442 wrote:
I'm in as of today. I was told deposit is due by Feb 21st! Is this normal? It seems like a yield protection mechanism. After tomorrow, all others admitted will have until April to submit their deposit. Any thoughts on this or getting this extended?

Just to update on my full timeline: consistent with last poster

App: 12/17
Interview: 1/27
Accepted: 02/06

are you in booth btw?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
bigserve wrote:
dn1442 wrote:

Just to update on my full timeline: consistent with last poster

App: 12/17
Interview: 1/27
Accepted: 02/06

are you in booth btw?

Nah. I was gonna apply round 3 given how much more generous they are with scholarships relative to the other top schools (couldn't get it in round 2 with all the others though). Not sure if I'll apply anymore. Although a substantial scholarship might sway me in that direction.

I think I'll shoot the Columbia Admissions Director who called me an email tomorrow asking if Columbia has a policy to extend the deposit deadline given the short notice and the fact that I'm right at the cut off.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Applied in end-Dec and finally got an invite!! One of the three ambassadors listed for me also went to my undergrad alma mater. Does the system typically try to assign you with a fellow undergrad alum or did I just get incredibly lucky? I went to a small liberal arts college (where alums tend to be quite loyal) so this could be a huge advantage :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
old1442 wrote:

Same - I was hoping to wait till all R2 outcomes before deciding, but this Feb 21 deadline is asking for a premature (and expensive) one. Has anyone been in a similar situation, and how did you manage this? After all the whole point of applying RD (vs. ED) is to preserve the option to choose.

Although I'm inclined to do so, I'm hesitant to email AdCom as (i) it somewhat compromises the 'Why Columbia' essay, and (ii) AdCom will unlikely want to set a precedent given there are many others in similar boat.

Thoughts? Any precedents?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
dam85 wrote:
old1442 wrote:

Same - I was hoping to wait till all R2 outcomes before deciding, but this Feb 21 deadline is asking for a premature (and expensive) one. Has anyone been in a similar situation, and how did you manage this? After all the whole point of applying RD (vs. ED) is to preserve the option to choose.

Although I'm inclined to do so, I'm hesitant to email AdCom as (i) it somewhat compromises the 'Why Columbia' essay, and (ii) AdCom will unlikely want to set a precedent given there are many others in similar boat.

Great point and it's clearly a fair one (Especially since those who submitted in late Dec/early Jan - the same official round of application as us will have until April). I do intend on emailing. I'll let you know what happens but if I'm declined, I would definitely encourage you and others to do the same. Perhaps enough people will allow them to rethink it. I mean, 2 weeks, is a bit harsh. And like you said, it puts us in an Early Decision Position which we did not apply for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Dinged without interview. Submitted Jan 8. LatAm applicant.

Good luck to the remaining candidates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
dam85 wrote:
old1442 wrote:

Great point and it's clearly a fair one (Especially since those who submitted in late Dec/early Jan - the same official round of application as us will have until April). I do intend on emailing. I'll let you know what happens but if I'm declined, I would definitely encourage you and others to do the same. Perhaps enough people will allow them to rethink it. I mean, 2 weeks, is a bit harsh. And like you said, it puts us in an Early Decision Position which we did not apply for.

Yeah, I was admitted 6 days ago and told decision was due Feb 21st. Meanwhile Stern accepted me yesterday and said I have until late April to decide! Definitely is way too short of a timeframe in my opinion. I need to decide for Duke by Feb 27th anyways, so an extension wouldn't really help me, but I'll be interested to hear if they give you one.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
Yeah, I was admitted 6 days ago and told decision was due Feb 21st. Meanwhile Stern accepted me yesterday and said I have until late April to decide! Definitely is way too short of a timeframe in my opinion. I need to decide for Duke by Feb 27th anyways, so an extension wouldn't really help me, but I'll be interested to hear if they give you one.

That's crazy. As an ED applicant I had 3 weeks to pay, got accepted early Oct and had until 31 Oct to pay my deposit. 2 weeks for RD seems absurd to me.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts