Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:19 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
omnivorous wrote:
Dakells wrote:
Just got accepted! Finally! I interviewed nearly a month ago but didn't have my official transcript. It really does slow things down so make sure to bring yours to your interview!

Congrats,Dakells! If I were you, I will feel the same thrill being recognized by another top program. But if you don't dislike Harlem too much, I guess CBS will be the choice?

Thanks omnivorous! Yes, definitely feels great, especially after all those months of not seeing friends and spending every weekend on my couch writing essays. I'm still deciding which program I'll choose, have a little bit more research to do, but yes, leaning slightly towards CBS. Good luck on the rest of your apps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
yonderworld wrote:
Any R1 applicant still awaiting an interview invitation or a wait list or a rejection?

I applied R1 and still haven't got any word from Stern.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:
MrUnderhill wrote:
Hey everyone,
I got an interview invite today on 7th Feb. So those who haven't , keep your chin up! Its just round the corner.
Submitted - 26th Nov
Application received mail - 3rd Dec.

I am planning to request for an offsite interview. I will not be able to travel to NY from asia in the next couple of weeks.

Any ideas of the cons of an offsite interview ?

Cheers.

None really, apart from not having the opportunity to visit the school and having to wait until March to interview. Where are you based? I'm waiting for my London interview date.

Well, waiting for the off-site interview sucks man! Life seems to be hung in a vacuum for soooo long. Invited to intvw in mid dec & I still have no idea when will the off site interview happen (Probably mid- March!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
With NYU's offices closing at 4 p.m. EST due to the storm, it looks like those of us waiting for an interview/admit decision will be waiting until next week unfortunately.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
AspiringTrader wrote:
With NYU's offices closing at 4 p.m. EST due to the storm, it looks like those of us waiting for an interview/admit decision will be waiting until next week unfortunately.

The wait continues on. Good luck next week!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
AspiringTrader wrote:

The wait continues on. Good luck next week!!

Thanks, same to you! Looks like I'll be lucky enough to have to wait the full 3 weeks...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
For those who have interviewed, do you need an official transcript for all summer or study abroad programs as well? The summer program won't be too much of an issue, but it's looking very difficult to get anything out of my abroad school. Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
alpa212 wrote:
For those who have interviewed, do you need an official transcript for all summer or study abroad programs as well? The summer program won't be too much of an issue, but it's looking very difficult to get anything out of my abroad school. Any thoughts?

I believe you need all transcripts unless the grades and courses of the summer program are listed on your degree-granting transcript
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
burgundy2015 wrote:
alpa212 wrote:

I believe you need all transcripts unless the grades and courses of the summer program are listed on your degree-granting transcript

burgundy is exactly right. I gave them all my transcripts just in case; I didn't want a random summer course from holding up my decision.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
I'm curious. For those of you who were invited to interview with Stern's Women In Business conference yesterday and today, how did everything go with Nemo? Were things re-scheduled or were you all able to interview?

Wishing you all the best & stay safe, everyone!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
aerien wrote:
I'm curious. For those of you who were invited to interview with Stern's Women In Business conference yesterday and today, how did everything go with Nemo? Were things re-scheduled or were you all able to interview?

Hey Aerien,

Everything proceeded as is. We all still had our interviews on Thursday and then the conference on Friday still lasted the entire day. Many people left after the second panel around 2pm, but I'd say a majority still remained till the end. It was a very nice event. Hoping to hear soon!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
gluck wrote:
aerien wrote:

Hey Aerien,

Everything proceeded as is. We all still had our interviews on Thursday and then the conference on Friday still lasted the entire day. Many people left after the second panel around 2pm, but I'd say a majority still remained till the end. It was a very nice event. Hoping to hear soon!

That's great to hear! I guess on the plus side you all got an introduction to some bad East Coast weather so you can be prepared when you go to Stern? Good luck with the result.
Considering 4,000 applications for Stern per year, this thread is really quiet compared with other schools
Intern
Intern
Send PM
burgundy2015 wrote:
alpa212 wrote:

Yea I figured as much, but was hoping someone would tell me they're really only interested in the official undergrad transcript. Back to chasing the study abroad office...

Thanks!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well, they did only ask me for my undergrad, so I'm sure I could have just given that and been fine. I just wanted to be safe in case they noticed something in the final review and wanted a summer/study abroad transcript for whatever reason.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Well, they did only ask me for my undergrad, so I'm sure I could have just given that and been fine. I just wanted to be safe in case they noticed something in the final review and wanted a summer/study abroad transcript for whatever reason.

good to know! thanks!!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Finally heard back ... and I'm in! Good luck to those still waiting (@AspiringTrader, I hope you get good news soon!!!) & now to make my decision ...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts