Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Re: Please help to evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
pirimidin wrote:
Dear Linda,

Thanks for your response.

Could you help to identify some of my strengths and weaknesses?

Given the weaknesses of my profile, I think they are:

1. Low TOEFL: I got 102 2 years ago and I don't think I can got higher than 105-106

2. Job Changes: I have worked for 3 companies within 3 years and I'm a job switcher. I changed from engineering to business,which is a change in both industry and company.

3. Social activities: Because I need to travel a lot, I haven't taken part much in social activities after graduation. I dont know whether this might be a minus point?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Strengths:
Academic stats (grades and test scores).
Work experience is both corporate and start-up and includes managerial experience. It seems like you can also show contribution and impact.
Country of origin: Vietnam -- there aren't a lot of Vietnamese applying to bschool, although the numbers are increasing.

Weaknesses:
You have changed jobs 3 times in 3 years as you point out. However, if you stay with your current employer, you will be able to show a little more consistency in at least your last job.
Lack of recent community service. It is a weakness, but unlikely to be a deal-breaker.

Best,
Linda Abraham
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Linda,

Thanks for your reply.

2 more questions of mine:

1. I am worrying that my changes in both field and industry might be a minus point to my profile since I have changed from Sales to a cross-funtional field (where I am working in Sales, Trade and Capability) and from Consumer Goods (at P&G) to Pharmaceutical Cosmetics (my current company).

As I mentioned above, since this is a startup company and is facing a lot of difficulties under the impacts of crisis, a person, especially one being considered to be the future leader of the company like I, needs to work in various fields. This might lead to the fact that I cannot have any deep understanding of any field. Given my long term after Biz-school is to get into Consulting, should this a disadvantage?

2. I have limited my schools to: top choices (Tuck, Fuqua, Darden, Ross) and safe choices (Carlson, Vanderbilt, Owen). My first choice is still Tuck and Fuqua, which are the schools I find myself best fit. Could you help to introduce some services of yours that I can consult? I am looking for admission consulting companies to work with since I am planning to apply in Early Decision and Round 1.

Thanks.
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
pirimidin wrote:
Dear Linda,

Thanks for your reply.

2 more questions of mine:

1. I am worrying that my changes in both field and industry might be a minus point to my profile since I have changed from Sales to a cross-funtional field (where I am working in Sales, Trade and Capability) and from Consumer Goods (at P&G) to Pharmaceutical Cosmetics (my current company).

As I mentioned above, since this is a startup company and is facing a lot of difficulties under the impacts of crisis, a person, especially one being considered to be the future leader of the company like I, needs to work in various fields. This might lead to the fact that I cannot have any deep understanding of any field. Given my long term after Biz-school is to get into Consulting, should this a disadvantage?

2. I have limited my schools to: top choices (Tuck, Fuqua, Darden, Ross) and safe choices (Carlson, Vanderbilt, Owen). My first choice is still Tuck and Fuqua, which are the schools I find myself best fit. Could you help to introduce some services of yours that I can consult? I am looking for admission consulting companies to work with since I am planning to apply in Early Decision and Round 1.

Thanks.

1. Not really.
2. Sure! Our MBA servicesare all described online. And we're happy to answer any questions you might have as well as discuss the option that would work best for you. If you want to talk to us, please fill out the form at https://www.accepted.com/services/register.aspx and we'll put you in touch with a consultant. Please reference this thread.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot