Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS, INSEAD
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I got interview invitation yesterday.

What is better ? In Person interview or skype ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
There is not much difference between in-person and Skype interviews. Although in-person interviews allow a more personal touch, if you are confident about your profile you have a strong chance of an admit. The following hold true in both formats.
1. Dress formal.
2. Ensure eye (webcam in case of Skype) contact.
3. Most importantly, engage your interviewer.

For a detailed advice please refer to (thanks to @sanjuro9)
sanjuro9[dot]tumblr[dot]com/post/35591549611/interview-advice

All the best and feel free to ask. Glad to help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Has anyone received confirmation of an interview time? I sent in my request on Friday and am anxious to make travel plans
Manager
Manager
Send PM
crappyapp2 wrote:
Has anyone received confirmation of an interview time? I sent in my request on Friday and am anxious to make travel plans

nup..
not received yet..
i think they would send it latest by tomorrow if not today since the earliest date is 11th feb and they would want to give the applicants a week at least..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Received confirmation today for Skype interview..Indian applicant based at Australia..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
well, the interviews for the current round begin tomorrow..
all the best to everyone..
it would be great if people consider posting tidbits about their interview experiences once they are done with their interview..

cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
My interview is tomorrow- I'll try and jot some notes down and post them here afterward. I'm also going to an information session tonight, so I'll let y'all know if anything may be useful to you
Manager
Manager
Send PM
crappyapp2 wrote:
My interview is tomorrow- I'll try and jot some notes down and post them here afterward. I'm also going to an information session tonight, so I'll let y'all know if anything may be useful to you

all the best sir!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
crappyapp2 wrote:

I was at the info session in NY tonight. Was it the same you visited? My interview is on Thursday. Keep us posted how yours goes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
ydm wrote:
crappyapp2 wrote:

I was at the info session in NY tonight. Was it the same you visited? My interview is on Thursday. Keep us posted how yours goes.

Most likely- I found it useful, how bout you? Director Chambers discussed his perspective on why obtaining an MBA (from the right institution) right now is important. He focused on the need for future leaders of the world to tackle global initiatives like solving the water/energy/food/healthcare crises. He also highlighted the importance that the rest of the Oxford community plays in the valuation of a Said degree. Basically, Oxford has a huge brand name that carries with it immense sway, and that numerous top business leaders around the world all have some affiliation with the university, so that will help in the future job hunt. A third point he made is to focus on the location/duration of the program that you are applying to- 1 vs 2 year, US vs. Europe vs. Asia, etc., because choosing the right demographics is key to enjoying and getting the most out of your program.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, done with the interview. Didn't go well, but I can't really complain. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with why I want to do an MBA at this time, and specific questions about my area of specialty.
My words of advice: be ready to defend your answers- no matter how good you think your answers are, try to find every possible counterpoint just in case your interviewer disagrees with you. Also, DO NOT RAMBLE- concise and directed responses are much more effective than convoluted responses. If you don't know what to say, silence for a few seconds is much better than rambling. I know these are obvious tidbits, but during an important and somewhat intimidating interview, clear thoughts can be hard to come by.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
crappyapp2 wrote:
Well, done with the interview. Didn't go well, but I can't really complain. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with why I want to do an MBA at this time, and specific questions about my area of specialty.
My words of advice: be ready to defend your answers- no matter how good you think your answers are, try to find every possible counterpoint just in case your interviewer disagrees with you. Also, DO NOT RAMBLE- concise and directed responses are much more effective than convoluted responses. If you don't know what to say, silence for a few seconds is much better than rambling. I know these are obvious tidbits, but during an important and somewhat intimidating interview, clear thoughts can be hard to come by.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the tips. Good luck with the final decision.

My interview is tomorrow, same place. I thought the info session was OK, not much new information or anything surprizing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
argh- just got my rejection letter haha- and before everyone starts panicking to check your e-mails, I requested an early final decision because of some extenuating circumstances

if anyone has any remaining questions of what not to do during the interview, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them

Good luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
crappyapp2 wrote:
argh- just got my rejection letter haha- and before everyone starts panicking to check your e-mails, I requested an early final decision because of some extenuating circumstances

if anyone has any remaining questions of what not to do during the interview, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them

Good luck everyone!

Sorry to read that. So I reckon you are off to Cornell?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS, INSEAD
Send PM
I got admission offer from HEC Paris with a scholarship of 12,000 Euros and I am supposed to pay 1st installment of around 6000 Euros by 6th March. However, my oxford interview is also scheduled on 4th March. So what I should do ? Is there any possibility of extending the deadline ?

What are the chances of Scholarship at Oxford ?

When normally oxford announces their R2 results ?

Which schools is better , HEC Paris or Oxford business school ?

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Fraz wrote:
I got admission offer from HEC Paris with a scholarship of 12,000 Euros and I am supposed to pay 1st installment of around 6000 Euros by 6th March. However, my oxford interview is also scheduled on 4th March. So what I should do ? Is there any possibility of extending the deadline ?

Regards

Hi Fraz!

Congratulations on ur admission and scholarship!

according to the website, the results of stage2 will be out on 15th March 2013.
https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/degrees/mba/Pages/process.aspx

I think the answer to the question - which one is better - depends on what you want out of the program and after that..

You could either send an email to HEC requesting for an extension of 10 days to pay the first installment or
ask the oxford adcom to give you the result quickly(crappyapp2 could help you out on this one since he has done this already)..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
Fraz wrote:

Regards

Hi Fraz,

Before commenting on your questions, let me clarify that some of your questions are subjective in nature and the answer will differ form person to person. The best person to take the final call on those is YOU.
Nevertheless, as a co-applicant and an Said admit I am providing some insight :-

Is there any possibility of extending the deadline ?
Yes, the adcoms are very accommodating in giving an earlier decision. They will surely be giving you an earlier decision if you ask them.

SLIM. very SLIM. I am yet to meet an oxford admit who has recd. $$$ (even those with GMAT 750+)

Check the website dates. Going by the past trend, there should be no deviation from the mentioned dates.

Personal choice. But sharing some thoughts on your case. For Oxford- Great Brand value in whole world (even in US or in Asia), Great diversity in class (Geographical as well as sector wise), Chance to study in Oxford for 1 year - The Highest seat of learning in the modern era
For HEC - Good brand value in France ( nothing beats HEC if you want to work in France post qualification), Good $$$ offered to you

Hope this helps
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts