Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
PDX105 wrote:
I'd be curious to know if those of us planning to send updates to Fuqua are sending multiple, smaller updates or a single, larger update. Anyone see a clear logic as to which would be a better choice? (Assuming we all know not to send 100 updates and become a nuisance :-D )

I was wondering the same thing... and I decided since I don't have much to update, one would suffice. It wont be super long, under 2 pages for sure. I did have another rec sent earlier though... IDK, its a crap shoot.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I'm one of the students who was not Invited for interview ( and I fee like a bit of an outsider here :-D ), but like everybody else I am keen on still trying my level best this year before I get lost in oblivion as a re applicant next year.. Two things that I wanted to know
1. Is there a status that says Waitlisted in your application?
2. Were any of you waitlisted without an interview?
3. Have you heard of any applicants that were not invited for interviews but end up in Fuqua class eventually.

Anything from anybody here is most appreciated.
Director
Director
Send PM
chusu123 wrote:
I'm one of the students who was not Invited for interview ( and I fee like a bit of an outsider here :-D ), but like everybody else I am keen on still trying my level best this year before I get lost in oblivion as a re applicant next year.. Two things that I wanted to know
1. Is there a status that says Waitlisted in your application?
2. Were any of you waitlisted without an interview?
3. Have you heard of any applicants that were not invited for interviews but end up in Fuqua class eventually.

Anything from anybody here is most appreciated.

On decision day, your application portal will be updated with a link, that link will hold your decision (either waitlist, accepted or ding). There are cases where people are waitlisted without interviews, and later asked to interview. I do not know how common it is, but it does happen.

Good Luck!

Edit: 1 month until R2 decisions! I can't wait!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Turned down my spot at Fuqua as I'll be going to Yale SOM.

Dibs on my spot are in the following order: krudget, highwyre, AresZhu. Good luck, guys!! :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
aerien wrote:

Dibs on my spot are in the following order: krudget, highwyre, AresZhu. Good luck, guys!! :)

Congrats on making your decision, aerien! It's a shame that you won't be joining us at Fuqua, but I'm sure you made the right decision for yourself. Have a blast at Yale!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Send PM
aerien wrote:

I've been following your decision and I must admit that I'm disappointed that you will not be a classmate at Duke. Yale is very lucky to have you! Congrats on the wildly successful application season aerien!
Director
Director
Send PM
aerien wrote:

Ha thanks, and congrats again on Yale! I hope to see you around.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
aerien wrote:

Haha thank you! And congrat again for Yale! it's a great school, hope you like it!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
jontron wrote:
aerien wrote:

I've been following your decision and I must admit that I'm disappointed that you will not be a classmate at Duke. Yale is very lucky to have you! Congrats on the wildly successful application season aerien!

Thanks, jontron!! It was a tough decision, but ultimately one that I think is right for me. At the very least, I'll always be a Blue Devil fan so my future SOM classmates are going to have to deal with me turning into a pseudo-blue devil during March Madness ... unless of course the Bulldogs win the Ivy League and make it in

*rolls over in grave waiting for that to happen*
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For all those who were invited for waitlisted, did your application status change from Submitted to Completed-Application under review or something similar. Mine still says Submitted and I'm a little concerned that I may not have all the information in. Any information on this is most appreciated gents.

- N
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I'm sure, like me, many of you are counting down the days til the 18th! Just wanted to let you know that I heard from someone "on the inside" that AdComm doesn't usually go to the waitlist during round 2 since it is their biggest round. It seems that it will be more likely that we will hear something after 3rd round. This helped me to manage my expectations a bit, but I'm still holding out hope! :)
Director
Director
Send PM
watersorbet wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm sure, like me, many of you are counting down the days til the 18th! Just wanted to let you know that I heard from someone "on the inside" that AdComm doesn't usually go to the waitlist during round 2 since it is their biggest round. It seems that it will be more likely that we will hear something after 3rd round. This helped me to manage my expectations a bit, but I'm still holding out hope! :)

Bleh, well I hope they have a change of heart there... I want some good news on on the 18th, and would hate to miss out on a chance at BDW...

Good luck all, hopefully we see some movement
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
watersorbet wrote:
Hey Guys,

Bleh, well I hope they have a change of heart there... I want some good news on on the 18th, and would hate to miss out on a chance at BDW...

Good luck all, hopefully we see some movement

Same here! Hopefully they bump a few of us in on the 18th. Otherwise, more waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was checking the list from last year and it seems that out of 30 people on waitlist , 4 were given acceptance offer, so I think we can see some significant movement on 18th....All the best people...1 week to go
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
question for you guys: Im on the WL for Fuqua but I was admitted into Ross today. I consider both of them my top school so I'd really like fuqua to accept me so that I can check out BDW. Do you think I should inform admissions of my Ross acceptance before they send out R2 deadlines? Will this have any effect this late in round 2? I feel a little bad for using them as leverage against eachother.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
joes310 wrote:
question for you guys: Im on the WL for Fuqua but I was admitted into Ross today. I consider both of them my top school so I'd really like fuqua to accept me so that I can check out BDW. Do you think I should inform admissions of my Ross acceptance before they send out R2 deadlines? Will this have any effect this late in round 2? I feel a little bad for using them as leverage against eachother.

Eh, its a bit late in the game... I think the only thing it would accomplish is moving you from the "still waitlist" or even from accepted, to ding in order to protect their yield. I wouldn't bother.

BTW, congrats on Ross! GL on Monday!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
joes310 wrote:

Eh, its a bit late in the game... I think the only thing it would accomplish is moving you from the "still waitlist" or even from accepted, to ding in order to protect their yield. I wouldn't bother.

BTW, congrats on Ross! GL on Monday!

Good point! thanks for your input.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts