Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions [#permalink]
I am thinkin of applyin fr full time mba in round
3 . Do u guys provide ne scholarship in round 3?
mcsard: Yes, scholarships are available in round 3. If you have any other questions about admissions, scholarships or otherwise, we would be happy to put you in touch with one of our admissions managers. Please email us at mba@sauder.ubc.ca if you are interested in arranging an informal chat about any questions you may have.

mcsard wrote:
I am thinkin of applyin fr full time mba in round
3 . Do u guys provide ne scholarship in round 3?
We're excited to announce the UBC MBA Experience Day is happening on March 23! We'll be hosting a day of activities to help you learn more about our program. The events will be streamed live online, so you can attend a sample MBA class taught by an award-winning professor, learn all about the career services we offer, and hear from a panel of our alumni. Stay tuned for the full schedule, which will be posted shortly. To RSVP, please visit https://bit.ly/UBCMBAevents
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi
Can you please tell me am if I am eligible for your MBA program

I have almost 2 years work ex,620 GMAT.

3.2 GPA from a US undergrad university,

have a few extra curricular certificates to show

Im I eligible for an interview,have other candidates with such a profile made it successfully?

Thanks
Hi Robin666:

Thank you for your inquiry. Without knowing more about your background, we can't accurately assess your eligibility, so we recommend that you email mba@sauder.ubc.ca and our admissions and recruitment team can take a look at your profile.

Robin666 wrote:
Hi
Can you please tell me am if I am eligible for your MBA program

I have almost 2 years work ex,620 GMAT.

3.2 GPA from a US undergrad university,

have a few extra curricular certificates to show

Im I eligible for an interview,have other candidates with such a profile made it successfully?

Thanks

Get a taste of an MBA with UBC’s MBA Experience Day on March 23!

Join us on March 23 for the 2013 MBA Experience Day, streaming live online. This event offers attendees the opportunity to experience UBC’s reimagined MBA program, including a sample MBA class taught by one of our award-winning professors, Dan Skarlicki. There will also be a presentation from the director of the Business Careers Centre, as well as a program overview and alumni panel. The event is open to all interested candidates, from those just starting to consider an MBA to those who have already applied to the program.

More info: https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/MBA_Full_Time/Contact_Us/Information_Sessions
RSVP: https://www.bit.ly/W3n8MY

Schedule
11am | Welcome and UBC MBA Program Experience Overview
12pm | UBC MBA Sample Class
1pm | Career Success
2pm | Alumni and Student Perspectives Panel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Does UBC offer dual degree options ? As one can finish 2 degrees in relatively short time, given UBC MBA can be completed in 16 months and the credits counted for other degrees (MSOR/Masters in Finance).
Hi Abhji,

Yes, there are several dual degree options. For instance, there are two joint MBA degrees:
-The J.D./MBA Program, administered jointly by the Sauder School of Business and the Faculty of Law at UBC. More info: https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/Joint_MBA-JD
-The UBC Dual MBA/MAAPPS (Master of Arts, Asia Pacific Policy Studies). More info: https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/Dual_MBA-MAPPS

In answer to your other question: our full-time MBA includes a built-in “experiential learning” component, where students spend several months gaining hands-on experience during an internship, team consulting project, or entrepreneurial project.

AbhiJ wrote:
Does UBC offer dual degree options ? As one can finish 2 degrees in relatively short time, given UBC MBA can be completed in 16 months and the credits counted for other degrees (MSOR/Masters in Finance).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT Date: 09-14-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello,

Can you please provide a profile evaluation. I'm interested in applying to Sauder for Sept 2014 (Sauder as 1 of the options in GMAT) and wanted to make sure I'm not over estimating my chances.

Profile:
Country - India
Under Grad - Bachelor's in Engineering (Information Technology)
Under Grad Score - 67% approx - First class with distinction (this is the highest class awarded at my University)
IELTS - 8.5
GMAT - scheduled to take on 14th Sept (targeting 700).
Work Exp - 25 months as of now. Along with my primary responsibility of software development, I have also managed and co-managed small projects.

Your help will be greatly appreciated !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 4
WE:Military Officer (Transportation)
Send PM
hello,
I Scored Low on GMAT 590 58%yl(48-76% AND 23V-31%) am i eligible to apply ?
i checked all other eligibility criteria and i satisfy all of them rather my GPA is Good 9.58/10.
Nationality -Indian.,workEX-4 years in merchant navy n officer rank.
the only thing which has put me in doubt is the requirement of 50 percentile in each quant and verbal section though i scored 76 percentile in quant i scored only 31 percentile am i eligible to apply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 4
WE:Military Officer (Transportation)
Send PM
what is the min GMAT requirement for Sauder school of business.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
ubcmba, hi, i need your information. there is my backgroumd my gmat score is behind, there are some details:1 i just graduated from college this summer, july. 2 my major is English, and i get the degree with a gpa around 3.5, or nearly 85 percent. The last two years are little higher. 3 i had two interns during my college life, one is working in the TV station of my province and another is working in the newspaper agency. Each intern lasts for around 2 months. 4 in fact, i personally wish for the MBA program. Sauder does not impose the two years working experience requirment on the applier, is that true? if working experience is a must, i prefer to work for some time before applying MBA. by the way, do you think my IELTS7 is enough, the four bands are listening 7 reading 7.5 writing 6 speaking 6.5 @UBCMBA
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 10-11-2013
Send PM
Hello UBC,

I am considering to apply for the Full Time MBA program at the Sauder. I have also kind of done some basic research about the program. However, something which I did not find explicitly stated was whether we have to opt for a career track right at the time of admission or is it possible to opt for the same once the program is started and one can get a basic idea of all the tracks and various pros and cons of various tracks with respect to ones own. Also, it would be a big help if you can kindly provide me some information on typically what kind of scholarship amounts/percentage is offered by the Sauder school.

Thanks & Regards.
:?: :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I have applied to the Master of Management in Operations Research program starting Fall 2014. Could you please share some employment statistics of the past students of this course. I couldn't find much information on the Sauder website.

Thanks!
The UBC full-time MBA is ranked among the top 100 MBA programs worldwide by the Financial Times. Join us at one of these upcoming events to find out how this world-class MBA program can benefit you!

Nov. 10
Full-Time MBA Info Session
2-3:30pm EST
100 Front Street West
Toronto, ON
More info/RSVP: https://ow.ly/qiZ20

Nov. 14
Canadian MBA Alliance's New York Reception
6:00-8:00pm EST
Sheraton New York Times Square
811 7th Avenue 53rd Street
New York, NY
More info/RSVP: https://ow.ly/qpRUl
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hello,

I am a Technology Consultant from India, and Sauder is one of the schools that I am targeting. I have two questions:

1. Will I have to take an English Proficiency Exam? The language of instruction in my undergraduate degree and schooling was English. I have a work experience of 4+ years, which includes a year in Singapore.

2. What percentage (approx.) of the incoming class is granted scholarship/award of any kind? Sauder's website lists several scholarships and awards. I just want to get an idea about the odds of getting a scholarship/award.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '17
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Account Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi UBCMBA,

My name's Rafael Colón. I'm 26, colombian, with a bachelor's in electronics engineering and a specialization in sales management. I have 5 years of work experience in the information technology and telecommunications sector. I am very interested in applying to Sauder's full-time MBA program for the class of 2017 and would like to ask the following questions:

1. Should I expect application deadlines this year to be similar to those of last year? Do you have official deadlines for Class of 2017?

2. Do you have additional information on job opportunities for international students in Vancouver (Sauder MBA grads)? I've heard that Canada offers a 3-year work permit for international students.

Thank you very much!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts