Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Board of Directors
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
aerien wrote:
Question for the acceptees/matriculating folks -- if we submitted scanned copies of transcripts when we applied (and the checklist has a green check mark next to "Transcript"), do we still need to submit official hard-copies?

I might just send them to be sure but just wondering if anyone already figured this out. Thanks!

I think you do. On the admitted students website:
Quote:
If your transcripts and degree certifications were not submitted during the application process, you must send us official transcripts for all institutions you have attended and degree certifications for all institutions from which you have graduated.

I would imagine official means un-scanned, signed, sealed, etc. They also want your transcripts by the enrollment date.

PS. I've been creeping on here for a while, and missed Winter Welcome, but am so excited to meet you all at Welcome Weekend! Thanks for being an awesome resource.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
cabom wrote:
aerien wrote:
Question for the acceptees/matriculating folks -- if we submitted scanned copies of transcripts when we applied (and the checklist has a green check mark next to "Transcript"), do we still need to submit official hard-copies?

I might just send them to be sure but just wondering if anyone already figured this out. Thanks!

I think you do. On the admitted students website:
Quote:
If your transcripts and degree certifications were not submitted during the application process, you must send us official transcripts for all institutions you have attended and degree certifications for all institutions from which you have graduated.

I would imagine official means un-scanned, signed, sealed, etc. They also want your transcripts by the enrollment date.

PS. I've been creeping on here for a while, and missed Winter Welcome, but am so excited to meet you all at Welcome Weekend! Thanks for being an awesome resource.

Thanks, cabom! I guess I'll be running to the post office AND the bank this weekend. *Countdown to noon on March 1* lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I must say, initially I was thinking 360 state is the way i want to live out b school (downtown/closer to bars/right next to train), but East Rock life may be as or potentially even more social with multiple roommates and more of a neighborhood feel. Would be amazing to get away paying 600 to 800 on rent rather than 1.3K+
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Just received my invitation to interview today as a r2 applicant

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
mba2527 wrote:
There we go - you can see the blue now :) Looks like I beat aerien to the task!

I'm blue now too!!

I was going to wait until after Winter Welcome to keep @OhDenny on his toes, but I've already decided. :)

Just got back from vacation (unfortunately missed Winter Welcome) and after much contemplation am now blue as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
haxx19 wrote:
Just got back from vacation (unfortunately missed Winter Welcome) and after much contemplation am now blue as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!

Woohoo! You made a great choice :-D See you in April!

Also, care to elaborate on how you made your choice? I'm sure you'll get lots of questions about it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
haxx19 wrote:
aerien wrote:
mba2527 wrote:

I'm blue now too!!

I was going to wait until after Winter Welcome to keep @OhDenny on his toes, but I've already decided. :)

See you there!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
haxx19 wrote:
aerien wrote:
mba2527 wrote:

I'm blue now too!!

Noooo!!! Just kidding :). Glad you made the best decision for you. After all, that's what's most important in this process.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
kingfalcon wrote:
haxx19 wrote:

Noooo!!! Just kidding :). Glad you made the best decision for you. After all, that's what's most important in this process.

Hahaha! Don't worry, kingfalcon, you'll have other GC-ers as fellow Sloanies soon enough!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ctgmat123 wrote:

How did you recieve your interview invitation? Phone call or email?
Is there any chance I can still get one? (I submitted my application close to the deadline)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
aerien wrote:

yup you do from all schools!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
alejandreska wrote:
ctgmat123 wrote:

How did you recieve your interview invitation? Phone call or email?
Is there any chance I can still get one? (I submitted my application close to the deadline)

I got an email yesterday early afternoon. Coincidentally I was at Yale when it happened watching my old college team play squash at the national championships. I submitted a day or two prior to the r2 deadline so I wouldn't lose hope. I had assumed I missed the boat, but was wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
haxx19 wrote:

Woohoo! You made a great choice :-D See you in April!

Also, care to elaborate on how you made your choice? I'm sure you'll get lots of questions about it!

I crafted a fairly lengthy response with my reasoning yesterday evening that for some reason did not post. In short, Yale was just a better fit for my career interests (social enterprise) and in terms of the student culture which, from my experiences, was incredibly communal. I immediately felt like part of a family. Throughout the application process, I've been impressed with Yale's outreach and resources that they have already provided to me. Whether it be putting me in touch with local alumni or discussing career opportunities, if you're willing to ask, they seem very responsive with quelling any concerns. I'm ultimately looking to do some cross-collaboration with the psychology department, and they put me in touch with some contacts even before I enrolled.

This isn't to say that I had any poor experiences with MIT - the people I've met and interacted with have all been bright and high on Sloan. There is certainly a similar culture of collaboration, but I didn't get the same sense of diversity (very relative I know). There's definitely no doubting that the students there work as hard as any. If you're looking into tech, consulting, or finance, MIT has to be involved in any conversation since those areas all fall within its proverbial wheelhouse. Ultimately, I had to go with the school that best aligned with both my interests and personality. Kingfalcon was exactly right in that I ultimately made the decision based on what I wanted out of a school. I would hope that's what everyone is doing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi, whats the last date to hear back for an interview decision? could not find that on the Yale SOM website. I don't think it can be much longer.

I am an R2 applicant from Toronto.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ctgmat123 wrote:
I got an email yesterday early afternoon. Coincidentally I was at Yale when it happened watching my old college team play squash at the national championships. I submitted a day or two prior to the r2 deadline so I wouldn't lose hope. I had assumed I missed the boat, but was wrong.

Maybe it's fate ;) Good luck at your interview!

GreenMan wrote:
hi, whats the last date to hear back for an interview decision? could not find that on the Yale SOM website. I don't think it can be much longer.

I am an R2 applicant from Toronto.

This is completely conjecture, but since in R1 the adcom took 2 weeks before the decision date to review apps and not hold any more interviews, working backwards for R2 would mean:

Decisions released: March 28
Last interview day: March 14*
So, last invites would go out by: February 28 (assuming they give you 2 weeks to schedule the interview)

It's possible they could go into early March depending on yield from R1 as well (deposits are due on March 1). I'm just a random person on the Internet guessing though....adcom could invite people all the way to March 28 if they wanted to!

As always, it's not over until it's over so keep hoping!

*Someone with a recent invite could tell when the last available day in the system is
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Live at 360. Trust me. PM with questions.

ps, all students will be gone from approx. march 2-22, so i would not expect any responses around those dates.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
MAJMMM wrote:
all students will be gone from approx. march 2-22, so i would not expect any responses around those dates.

Have fun on spring break & your international experience trips!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts