Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [2]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
This process is EXTREMELY frustrating. I can't do a re-search and I reached out to my 3 options several times. Only one response and then the person went radio silent for 3 days.

UGH!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:
This process is EXTREMELY frustrating. I can't do a re-search and I reached out to my 3 options several times. Only one response and then the person went radio silent for 3 days.

UGH!

I feel u. So frustrating.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear Columbia, I have query related to regular program MBA

For an Indian male applicant of age 30 ,average academics(10th-70% ,12th- 63% Graduation-60%) and having work experience of 73 months with GMAT score 750 for such an applicant who is interested to apply for Columbia MBA program how much scholarship can be expected?[if at all his form is accepted]

For such an applicant whose acads are average should i consider that chances are bleak for an applicant with average acads as mentioned above to get a call.

Thanks And Regards
ankit!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [1]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
ankit1 wrote:

For an Indian male applicant of age 30 ,average academics(10th-70% ,12th- 63% Graduation-60%) and having work experience of 73 months with GMAT score 750 for such an applicant who is interested to apply for Columbia MBA program how much scholarship can be expected?[if at all his form is accepted]

For such an applicant whose acads are average should i consider that chances are bleak for an applicant with average acads as mentioned above to get a call.

Thanks And Regards
ankit!

Just so you are aware this forum is all students and individuals applying to CBS, nobody from the admissions office is monitoring this discuss. That being said, you have missed the application deadline for scholarships. That deadline was back on 9 January. So you might receive a need-based scholarship which ranges from around $2,000-$10,000 depending on your income and assets however you won't be eligible for any merit based scholarships.

Even if you hadn't missed the deadline it is virtually impossible to tell you what kind of scholarship, if any, you would receive. Unfortunately Columbia is one of the stingiest schools in the Top 15-20 so they don't give out much aid at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
got the invite! applied 1/14
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Anyone know the cutoff for need-based financial aid? I made over 100k last year and have 100k in assets.

If I won't qualify, I won't fill it out. Don't want to leave any stone unturned because it said 65% of students received something.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
lodestone wrote:
Anyone know the cutoff for need-based financial aid? I made over 100k last year and have 100k in assets.

If I won't qualify, I won't fill it out. Don't want to leave any stone unturned because it said 65% of students received something.

Feel free to transfer assets to my account (temporarily, of course) haha...

But in all seriousness, I'd call the financial aid office. They'll give you a general idea so you don't waste your time - (212) 854-4057
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
ankit1 wrote:

Thanks And Regards
ankit!

Just so you are aware this forum is all students and individuals applying to CBS, nobody from the admissions office is monitoring this discuss. That being said, you have missed the application deadline for scholarships. That deadline was back on 9 January. So you might receive a need-based scholarship which ranges from around $2,000-$10,000 depending on your income and assets however you won't be eligible for any merit based scholarships.

Even if you hadn't missed the deadline it is virtually impossible to tell you what kind of scholarship, if any, you would receive. Unfortunately Columbia is one of the stingiest schools in the Top 15-20 so they don't give out much aid at all.

truth to that - "Unfortunately Columbia is one of the stingiest schools in the Top 15-20 so they don't give out much aid at all. "
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
old1442 wrote:
lodestone wrote:

But in all seriousness, I'd call the financial aid office. They'll give you a general idea so you don't waste your time - (212) 854-4057

Hah! I'm with old. If you have "too much" in your accounts, feel free to send some my way too... :P

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Yale '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V50
GPA: 3.72
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Law)
Send PM
Just wanted to sent some good wishes to those having issues setting up their interviews! I initially experienced the sort of frightening "radio silence" situation, but eventually I was able to contact an interviewer who's been absolutely amazing so far -- extremely communicative, kind, available, etc. I'm meeting with this person tomorrow afternoon, at a super-cool coffee shop, per his suggestion (at which I weirdly and coincidentally wrote my CBS essays)! Thinking it's a sign. ;-)

To that end, could anyone share sample questions they were asked during their interviews? I apologize if this question is redundant -- I'll also click back a few pages for research purposes. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
overdressed wrote:
Just wanted to sent some good wishes to those having issues setting up their interviews! I initially experienced the sort of frightening "radio silence" situation, but eventually I was able to contact an interviewer who's been absolutely amazing so far -- extremely communicative, kind, available, etc. I'm meeting with this person tomorrow afternoon, at a super-cool coffee shop, per his suggestion (at which I weirdly and coincidentally wrote my CBS essays)! Thinking it's a sign. ;-)

To that end, could anyone share sample questions they were asked during their interviews? I apologize if this question is redundant -- I'll also click back a few pages for research purposes. :)

Check on clear admit for CBS interview questions! I haven't interviewed yet (unresponsive interviewers!) so I can't comment how accurate the reports are. Mind if I ask how many interviewers you reached out to before getting a response?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I actually did look at Clear Admit -- just wanted to see if anyone here had anything different! I completely agonized over who to contact initially, texted many friends, etc. -- turned out my "3rd choice" interviewer was the one who responded so wonderfully!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
lodestone wrote:

lodestone, would be interested to hear what they say if you call!

And overdressed, I believe I posted a recap of my interview experience a few pages back, would have been between 1/18-1/24. You could probably find it more easily if you search my posts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
old1442 wrote:
lodestone wrote:

And overdressed, I believe I posted a recap of my interview experience a few pages back, would have been between 1/18-1/24. You could probably find it more easily if you search my posts.

Thanks, Dakells, I really appreciate it!

I've got my "ethical dilemma" answer ready -- though it's entirely tied to my background as an attorney and doesn't link to my "career changing" story... Oh well. All of my other potential answers touch upon my goals, so I think it's okay!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
For those who are wondering what would happen after the Feb 21 deposit deadline, my offer at CBS just got withdrawn as the money did not get to them on time! I admit I was hesitant to pay :oops: , especially with other R2 interviews going on, but arranging international transfer was the main issue. Just transferred over from an overseas account, and now trying to get in touch with AdCom. Fairly sure this will get sorted out soon, but the highly automated and impersonal process is making me rethink my options. Haha.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
All 3 interviewers - no response. This is frustrating considering the rolling admissions process... I want to re-search for interviewers but admittedly, I haven't let 6 full business days pass (2 business days per interviewer) and I don't want adcom to think I'm not adhering to their instructions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
As I go through the page 1 statistics, it looks like CBS doesn't turn down a lot of interviewed candidates--certainly not close to 50% as is normally the case with other schools. Is this an accurate reflection of the reality? --Have received a status update of interview report yesterday, now begins the real waiting!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  71   72   73   74   75   76   77  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts