Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Yale '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V50
GPA: 3.72
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi guys,

I had an interview this morning with Bruce Delmonico (his first interivew as part of his India interview tour).

Just wanted to know from the experienced Yalies on if there is a huge advantage to personally interviewing with Bruce as compared to say a 2nd year student? The interview itself went off well as we spoke more about my transitions and goals and professiona achievements.

Also, I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).

Any help would be appreciated on this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mba20155 wrote:
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?

My Skype interview was with a 2nd year student about a month ago. I suppose it also depends on whether students are available in a given period or not (exams, breaks etc.).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:
mba20155 wrote:

My Skype interview was with a 2nd year student about a month ago. I suppose it also depends on whether students are available in a given period or not (exams, breaks etc.).

I see. thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Long-time lurker, first post. I am a consortium applicant and today received notification of acceptance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
coogikat1two wrote:
Long-time lurker, first post. I am a consortium applicant and today received notification of acceptance.

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call. ACCEPTED AT YALE! Then I thoroughly embarassed myself by yelling "oh ****" to the Adcom director for 3 minutes straight.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
rahulrg wrote:
I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).

This is probably fine if you were to be admitted as long as you can explain it when it comes time for the background check, should they ask for updated information.

The only thing, imo, to be cautious about would be if you do not gain admission and matriculate to a school this year. Does working with your family business align with your long-term goals? Does it fit with your story/application for next year or the year after if you re-apply for your MBA? If so, then do it. If not, then you have some things to think about.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just had my interview today and it was overall a pleasant experience! Now I just have to be anxious until the decision day. good luck to everyone!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
hailmary620 wrote:
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.

From what I've heard they just see the trend -- hopefully yours went up :)

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Yes, it did after half a dozen attempts :). I should be GMACs most valuable customer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:
Got the call. ACCEPTED AT YALE! Then I thoroughly embarassed myself by yelling "oh ****" to the Adcom director for 3 minutes straight.

haha, congrats!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Yes, it did after half a dozen attempts :). I should be GMACs most valuable customer.

Hey hailmary620, hilarious things happened to me when I was taking GMAT. GMAC mailed me after my test and told me that one question in Maths had been wrongly graded and my score will be 10 points higher. To "compensate" (which I don't think giving you a higher score was anything uncool), they offered me a free test. I took the test a month later (actually enjoying testing at GMAC w/o paying $250), and got a higher score. If Yale views taking more than one GMAT as a killer, we could've been in the dead boat already... Btw, I haven't heard anything from Yale now so I have already viewed this as a lost cause.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!

I got nervous about not receiving confirmation but then I saw it within my application update. If you log into the application you'll see that there are two letters from Bruce, one congratulating you and another letting you know that they're reserving your spot.

I forgot that today was R1's big day!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
machichi wrote:
aerien wrote:

I got nervous about not receiving confirmation but then I saw it within my application update. If you log into the application you'll see that there are two letters from Bruce, one congratulating you and another letting you know that they're reserving your spot.

Ah! Got it -- thanks :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts