Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.17
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Just got waitlisted yesterday -- surprised I didn't get dinged outright quite frankly after a pretty horrendous interview due to lack of sleep and ZERO chemistry with my interviewer lol. I wish CBS still did on campus interviews -- too many variables in having regional alumni conduct interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
AtaQuye wrote:
Just got waitlisted yesterday -- surprised I didn't get dinged outright quite frankly after a pretty horrendous interview due to lack of sleep and ZERO chemistry with my interviewer lol. I wish CBS still did on campus interviews -- too many variables in having regional alumni conduct interviews.

Can you give us your timeline? I applied on 1/9, received an interview invite on 1/29, interviewed on 2/13 and feedback was submitted on 2/17 but I still haven't heard anything.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tashy001 wrote:
AtaQuye wrote:

Can you give us your timeline? I applied on 1/9, received an interview invite on 1/29, interviewed on 2/13 and feedback was submitted on 2/17 but I still haven't heard anything.

FWIW i read an interview with some assistant dean of admissions or something on Clear Admit that said they aim to give everyone an answer within 2 weeks of interview feedback. So I would imagine you will hear soon(ish).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
djy2378 wrote:
As I go through the page 1 statistics, it looks like CBS doesn't turn down a lot of interviewed candidates--certainly not close to 50% as is normally the case with other schools. Is this an accurate reflection of the reality? --Have received a status update of interview report yesterday, now begins the real waiting!

Another reason that may be is that people who are dinged aren't quick to update their statuses.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
tashy001 wrote:
AtaQuye wrote:

My feedback was submitted on 2/18. Seems we're in a similar boat! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Has anybody else had issues getting their interviewer to submit the feedback? I keep following up and they keep saying - oh yes, submitting it now. But yet its not happening. I'm starting to get frustrated with this entire process. It's not fair that the unlucky people who struggle finding an interviewer and getting them to submit feedback are losing precious time. :evil:

Best Regards,
highhopes75
(losing hope though)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [3]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
*warning* : digression from admissions related stuff (or not, if you are still searching for schools)

good friend souvik showed me this CBS follies video yesterday - Married But Available (MBA). Pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... icsJ7pMfxA
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
After 10 emails and a week of waiting I finally had my interview. It went pretty well and we spent the last 20 minutes talking about the interviewers expeiences at Columbia.

Now the wait begins.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tashy001 wrote:
AtaQuye wrote:

I was literally within 1-3 days of each of your steps, so I imagine you will hear very soon. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
highhopes75 wrote:
Has anybody else had issues getting their interviewer to submit the feedback? I keep following up and they keep saying - oh yes, submitting it now. But yet its not happening. I'm starting to get frustrated with this entire process. It's not fair that the unlucky people who struggle finding an interviewer and getting them to submit feedback are losing precious time. :evil:

Best Regards,
highhopes75
(losing hope though)

I totally agree ... I too struggled to find an interviewer, and the one I ended up with was a real dud. I actually tried to refresh the interviewer pool, but the system spat out the same 3 options, two of whom were completely incommunicado. In the interest of fairness, CBS really ought to give folks the option of interviewing on campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: CBS '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Dinged on 26/02. Surprised and disappointed. Had ( or as i thought ) a very good interview and the the interviewer said she would put in a positive feedback.
unable to understand what really went wrong.

time
31/12 - applied
29/01 - int invite
06/02 - interviewed
15/02 - feedback submitted
26/02 - dinged

I know the school says it does not provide any feedback, but do you guys think there is any way to get any sorts of feedback?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Structurer wrote:
Dinged on 26/02. Surprised and disappointed. Had ( or as i thought ) a very good interview and the the interviewer said she would put in a positive feedback.

time
31/12 - applied
29/01 - int invite
06/02 - interviewed
26/02 - dinged

I know the school says it does not provide any feedback, but do you guys think there is any way to get any sorts of feedback?

Sorry to hear, best of luck with your other schools. Hope something great works out for you. It seems like many interviewers say they will be giving positive feedback based on the experiences on this board. I wonder what the feedback form is like. Not that it actually matters, just trying to pass the time until I get my decision haha.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Structurer wrote:

time
31/12 - applied
29/01 - int invite
06/02 - interviewed
26/02 - dinged

Wow, that is so brutal. 20 days of waiting after the interview...I don't think it is possible to find out exactly why you were dinged. Under no circumstances would they change their decision anyway. Good luck with the rest of applications!

Almost had a heart attack when a moment ago I received an email from Columbia on a spotlight event. Seems that in this final phase of decision waiting post interview, any email from Columbia prior to an admissions call would trigger a huge ALARM!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
jumsumtak wrote:
*warning* : digression from admissions related stuff (or not, if you are still searching for schools)

good friend souvik showed me this CBS follies video yesterday - Married But Available (MBA). Pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... icsJ7pMfxA

Ha! My favorite is the Remix to Admission video. Would link but my office won't let me access youtube, little do they know about the time waster I've got here...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
Finally heard back/ scheduled an interview yesterday - unfortunately the interview won't be til Monday (2 full weeks after receiving invite). Seems that recently there has not been much good news for GMAT club members post-interview. I wonder if it could be due to the rolling process and the fact that we are now getting into a later time frame for admissions.

The relatively late time frame of my interview has me super nervous -- fingers crossed that all goes well! And good luck to all of those still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.47
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted today! Got a call earlier this morning.

1/8 - submit
2/1 - invite
2/13 - interview
2/15 - feedback
2/27 - acceptance

Thrilled! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Toymba wrote:
Accepted today! Got a call earlier this morning.

1/8 - submit
2/1 - invite
2/13 - interview
2/15 - feedback
2/27 - acceptance

Thrilled! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

so there IS still hope!! very happy for u!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts