Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.22
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Re: Three weeks to go, Practice exams dropped from 650 to 580 [#permalink]
Hi,

Sorry if I am sounding a bit pessimistic - but what will change over the next 3 weeks that has not changed in the last 1 year? :eh:

I think instead of focusing on WHAT to do - you should focus on WHAT was done i.e. relook at your performance, analyze it with a microscope, try to work on the areas you need to improve. This will pay you far more dividends than solving more questions at this point.

Here are a few ways in which you can analyze your mistakes:

https://www.crackverbal.com/nailed-it-mi ... crewed-it/

https://www.crackverbal.com/effective-gmat-prep/

Create a plan accordingly and yes if you can get a personal tutor or a study group, it would help you a lot more than doing this yourself.

All the best!

Arun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, I thought I'd update my progress in case anyone is interested (and also I dislike seeing boards where the OP never updates whether their strategy worked of didn't work :) )

After high gearing for the past 8 weeks (15+hours per week of study) and seeing a significant (and frustrating) drop in my CATs I'm taking a break from studying - at least 3 months of not touching GMAT.

I think the main reason is I'm burnout from studying from 16 weeks of continuous study and I am no where near my target score. I read that studying too long leads to diminishing returns. My last two GMAT prep scores were: 570 three weeks ago, then 560 today. This is coming off a peak of 650 on a MGMAT CAT.

I decided to move my exam date which was supposed to be March 18 to August 12.

My goal is to apply for Fall 2014 so as long as I make my target score before October I should be okay. I'm thinking of taking it in August and implementing an 8 week plan prior to that date.

But right now I can't stand the though of studying any longer without taking a decent break.

-Patrick
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 371 [0]
Send PM
Do not panic and now is when you have to be cold blooded. Keep on doing exams, tracking the total and partial scores, and learning from each of the mistakes. Ensure you can practice without any disruption at least for the entire Quant and Verbal sections.

Whit your track record, I think it can happen that you score more than 650 on the D-Day, and recall that scoring 680 for example is already a very good presentation card for many schools.

If you do not get your desired score, remember you will have to wait 1 month to retake the exam.

Best and good luck!!
GMAT Club Bot