Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [5]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Kudos
CobraKai wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

(Let me know what else we should throw up here)

https://www.rulloffs.com/index.html
https://www.rulloffs.com/pages/m_ld.html

I'm looking for other brave people who want to take down the monster burger. I'll pretty much do anything for a free T-shirt.

I think I can eat that burger... I once at a 32 oz steak to get my picture on a wall. That t-shirt is a lot more motivation...
Director
Director
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

(Let me know what else we should throw up here)

https://www.rulloffs.com/index.html
https://www.rulloffs.com/pages/m_ld.html

I'm looking for other brave people who want to take down the monster burger. I'll pretty much do anything for a free T-shirt.

I think I can eat that burger... I once at a 32 oz steak to get my picture on a wall. That t-shirt is a lot more motivation...

The burger wouldnt be a problem for me(My picture is hanging on the wall of a Cheeburger Cheeburger for eating a 20ozer) BUT, a "HUGE" order of loaded fries... That sounds dangerous.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
Yeah, I missed the point that they were loaded.. Fries by themselves are actually tough.. If you ever watched Man vs Food, you will notice the host Adam usually struggles with starches..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Two epic fail food challenges for me:

1. 5 lb sandwich. Got really gross about 20 minutes in, my buddies and I waved the white flag at 30 min. None of us were kidding ourselves thinking we'd finish it in under an hour.

2. https://www.brotherspizzavb.com/big-brother-challenge Deceptively tough. After failing at this it cracks me up when I hear girls at my gym say "Oh, that's not hard, I eat pizza all the time." Hint for math-wizards: a 24-inch pizza is A LOT F*cking bigger than a 16-inch pizza. After seeing all the photos of the chodes that accomplished this, I figured we had it in the bag and brought five teams of two...and all of us ended up paying for the pizza. For the record, I along with two others fininshed half a pizza, so my excuse is that we just didn't team up correctly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Glad to join this thread!

highwyre, I'm really glad you pointed out the Ithaca Beer Company because it had completely slipped my mind that I, in fact, did try their Flower Power IPA!

I was at Top Hop in the LES of NYC with some friends, and I saw from their list the IPA from Ithaca. (This was weeks ago, after application submission but before R2 decisions). I had decided I had to try this drink for good luck... and now I am so glad I did haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Oh man, all this talk of food challenges is making me wish I was coming to Johnson! I'm a buffalo wing eater myself.

Ok, thank you for allowing me to illegally post in this admitted Cornell thread, I'll be on my way now. Good luck in all of your future food fiascos!
Director
Director
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
Oh man, all this talk of food challenges is making me wish I was coming to Johnson! I'm a buffalo wing eater myself.

Ok, thank you for allowing me to illegally post in this admitted Cornell thread, I'll be on my way now. Good luck in all of your future food fiascos!

IP BAN!!!

ha no worries. Good point, buffalo wings in Ithaca have to be pretty solid, anyone out there have any suggestions?

On a side note, I had a few Flower Power IPAs last weekend, it was pretty tasty. A bit fruitier then I like my IPAs, but yummy. Note to self, do not drink more then 3, they hit hard.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dakells wrote:

There's still time for you to apply in Rd 4 Dakells so you wouldnt have to post illegally here.. Otherwise, there are plenty of foodie challenges in NYC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone, has anyone received an invitation to join Ning yet? I have not. I am trying to find a roommate to share an apartment. Anyone trying to do same? I am a female and would prefer a female roommate as well. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
austinacmes wrote:
Hi everyone, has anyone received an invitation to join Ning yet? I have not. I am trying to find a roommate to share an apartment. Anyone trying to do same? I am a female and would prefer a female roommate as well. Thanks!

Hey austinacmes,

You should have received a Ning invitation link in the e-mail "You're in... now what?"

However, a lot of folks reported that the link was expired (it was for me as well) so just shoot over an e-mail to your application manager or Jenna and they'll send you a Ning invitation right away!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
austinacmes wrote:

Hey austinacmes,

You should have received a Ning invitation link in the e-mail "You're in... now what?"

However, a lot of folks reported that the link was expired (it was for me as well) so just shoot over an e-mail to your application manager or Jenna and they'll send you a Ning invitation right away!

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
You guys figure anything out for housing yet?

I don't particularly want to live at Fairview, but it's the cheapest option within walking distance I've been able to find. Hopefully the 2013 DJ housing guide points out a few other places.
Director
Director
Send PM
aakhan wrote:

I don't particularly want to live at Fairview, but it's the cheapest option within walking distance I've been able to find. Hopefully the 2013 DJ housing guide points out a few other places.

I've been looking into it, but I'm not sure yet. Still many things up in the air on my side though (will the wife be coming, if she comes where will she be working, do we need 2 cars?)

Have you checked out last year's housing guide? It had some great info on it. My goal is to find something within walking distance that allows dogs, has off street parking, and isnt crazy pricey. Since I wont be at DJ, I'll be asking waay to many questions when all of you get back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
aakhan wrote:

I'll be taking notes at DJ. My only real preferences are free parking and heat. I don't mind living 5-10 minutes away from campus, and I'm liking the Solomon Org properties in Ithaca.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aakhan wrote:

I feel Fairview is already pricey, but it is my first choice considering the distance. I know half the building has already been filled up. I looked up the one bedroom option, but it is over 1000 per month. My best option is to find a roommate to share a two bedroom. There is so much pressure for finding an apartment. I wish there was an MBA apartment complex provided to us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
austinacmes wrote:
aakhan wrote:

I feel Fairview is already pricey, but it is my first choice considering the distance. I know half the building has already been filled up. I looked up the one bedroom option, but it is over 1000 per month. My best option is to find a roommate to share a two bedroom. There is so much pressure for finding an apartment. I wish there was an MBA apartment complex provided to us.

Yea I looked into fairview, all the studios are already rented and the one bedrooms are too expensive for what you get. 2 bedroom seems like the only option, so I'm in the market for a roommate as well. If anyone here is interested, send me a message and we can figure something out. Walking distance is a priority, 1400-1800 price range, and i'll have a car.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aakhan wrote:
austinacmes wrote:
aakhan wrote:

Yea I looked into fairview, all the studios are already rented and the one bedrooms are too expensive for what you get. 2 bedroom seems like the only option, so I'm in the market for a roommate as well. If anyone here is interested, send me a message and we can figure something out. Walking distance is a priority, 1400-1800 price range, and i'll have a car.

I am looking for a Female roommate. Doesn't seem like you are. lol. But just to be sure?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts