Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Answers
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Re: Is my profile good enough for MBA in US? Need Expert Advice [#permalink]
No US grad school cares about your HS grades. Drop this from the picture and it sounds like your anxiety drops precipitously.

What do you mean you'll waste your score? If you don't apply you'll waste it...if you do apply and are rejected, it certainly won't be because of your GMAT. I don't understand.

Your profile could be competitive, but it's hard to tell with so little information. Why do you want an MBA? What makes you stand out from other candidates?

On another note: I've seen a Q47 and V42 = 750. Is the breakdown accurate?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
machichi wrote:
No US grad school cares about your HS grades. Drop this from the picture and it sounds like your anxiety drops precipitously.

What do you mean you'll waste your score? If you don't apply you'll waste it...if you do apply and are rejected, it certainly won't be because of your GMAT. I don't understand.

Your profile could be competitive, but it's hard to tell with so little information. Why do you want an MBA? What makes you stand out from other candidates?

On another note: I've seen a Q47 and V42 = 750. Is the breakdown accurate?

Thnx for replying. N sorry.. its a typo....750 Q49 V42 it should be. I'm afraid I'll waste my score if I wait too long for work ex n den discover d work ex from IBM is insufficient.

Why do I want an MBA..... It was my goal all d way.... only the recession thing deferred the plan. I'm interested in the field will get an M.Tech degree in operations in 2 months. I did all I could to stay close to my goal.

What makes me stand out.... some social work, literary activity(as an editor of a little magazine and as a poet), Leadership activity (Hall secretary for a Hall of 318 girl students)... etc.

I have this 1 shot at fulfilling my dream. Ur suggestion is appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In addition, I also have two published international papers in the field of supply chain management. Got best paper award for 1 of them.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
pritha,

I've merged the two topics you created into a single topic.

If you require some more advice regarding your candidacy, feel free to post in the profile evaluation section here .

Best
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Pritha,
Jim is right. If this is your dream, then just wait. It's not true that IT experience doesn't count, and the proof is that every year a bunch of Indian IT people get in to all of the best schools. I don't think rushing will help you, and I think that at this point the best way for you to reach your dream is to be patient. Your GMAt score is good for five years, so now, go work for three. Find out what you know and what you don't discover what you like and what you don't and what your strengths are and what your weaknesses are. and THEN apply with your awesome 750!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Pritha,
Jim is right. If this is your dream, then just wait. It's not true that IT experience doesn't count, and the proof is that every year a bunch of Indian IT people get in to all of the best schools. I don't think rushing will help you, and I think that at this point the best way for you to reach your dream is to be patient. Your GMAt score is good for five years, so now, go work for three. Find out what you know and what you don't discover what you like and what you don't and what your strengths are and what your weaknesses are. and THEN apply with your awesome 750!!!

Thnx Jon for your valuable suggestion. I think I'll follow that. But can you tell me the current state of employment opportunity for Indians in the US after MBA? I heard the visa extension is very hard to get for international students as of now. Is it so? Thnx in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 750 in GMAT and no work ex.... need advise to choose course [#permalink]
JimGMATPrepster wrote:
Honestly would just wait a bit. An MBA is a generally more desirable degree and for that you will need experience. Good job on the GMAT!

thnx a lot Jim.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 750 in GMAT and no work ex.... need advise to choose course [#permalink]