Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Georgetown - McDonough (2013) - Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Just finished my Georgetown interview, and it didn't go as well as I would have wanted. Started very nervous, then could grip the tone much better... But I think it was too late: only 30 minute interview. :cry:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
goedel wrote:
Just finished my Georgetown interview, and it didn't go as well as I would have wanted. Started very nervous, then could grip the tone much better... But I think it was too late: only 30 minute interview. :cry:

If it makes you feel better... Did my interview at a hotel, the confirmation email said to wait in the lobby for the interviewer. Got there 20 mins early. Waited. And waited. Now 5 mins past my interview appointment time. Ask hotel concierge to call interviewer's room to let him know his appointment was here. Concierge says "oh! you're supposed to meet him at the rooftop restaurant." Showed up 10 mins late to my interview. Fml.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
genericuser1 wrote:
goedel wrote:

If it makes you feel better... Did my interview at a hotel, the confirmation email said to wait in the lobby for the interviewer. Got there 20 mins early. Waited. And waited. Now 5 mins past my interview appointment time. Ask hotel concierge to call interviewer's room to let him know his appointment was here. Concierge says "oh! you're supposed to meet him at the rooftop restaurant." Showed up 10 mins late to my interview. Fml.

I totally feel your pain. Same thing happened to me! I got there 20 minutes early, and told the concierge I was there for an interview with Georgetown. She told me to just have a seat and wait. I waited... and waited... and it's now 15 minutes past my interview appointment time. I thought maybe the previous interview was running long. Then, the concierge got a phone call. She asked me if I was waiting for an interview (isn't that what I told her when I got there?). She said to meet the interviewer on the roof. Yeah. 20 minutes late. The interviewer seemed very understanding anout thsituation and said that the concierge should have informed to let me know to head on up to the roof - that iit was probably a miscommunication. Shortest interview, ever. Hopefully this won't be held against us!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
timbo0205 wrote:
For what it's worth I've heard MBB-type consulting firms are picking up their OCR at Gtown. Hope that helps.

I visited McDonough last week and the impression I got was that it's a school on the way up. I saw people getting internships and f/t gigs at Deloitte and a couple of other consulting firms but I didn't meet anyone who got into a white shoe firm. I think a few McDonough grads got into BCG last year though, which is not bad for a school of its size and ranking. The DC location and the Georgetown name is pretty powerful.

I also interviewed at the rooftop restaurant in LA and to be honest struggled a bit too. I started off okay with the small talk but when it came down to it I froze up a little... it was my first admissions interview though so I'm sure I'll do better at Kelley this week. In retrospect the questions weren't too hard (my questions were about teamwork, cultural diversity and leadership) but for some reason my brain wasn't cooperating at the time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
jxcho wrote:
timbo0205 wrote:
For what it's worth I've heard MBB-type consulting firms are picking up their OCR at Gtown. Hope that helps.

I visited McDonough last week and the impression I got was that it's a school on the way up. I saw people getting internships and f/t gigs at Deloitte and a couple of other consulting firms but I didn't meet anyone who got into a white shoe firm. I think a few McDonough grads got into BCG last year though, which is not bad for a school of its size and ranking. The DC location and the Georgetown name is pretty powerful.

I also interviewed at the rooftop restaurant in LA and to be honest struggled a bit too. I started off okay with the small talk but when it came down to it I froze up a little... it was my first admissions interview though so I'm sure I'll do better at Kelley this week. In retrospect the questions weren't too hard (my questions were about teamwork, cultural diversity and leadership) but for some reason my brain wasn't cooperating at the time.

I interviewed with adcom staff today and i thought it went alright. My questions were exactly the same (teamwork, cultural diversity and leadership) and the usual walk me through your resume, long term n short term goals, why mba, why now and why g-town. I was a bit nervous but tried to keep the conversation engaging and she certainly helped. Overall it was a very informal interview and nothing unexpected crept up. Now the long excruciating wait begins!!!!! :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V43
GPA: 3.3
WE:Sales (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed yesterday, 2/12

Questions asked:

Short/Long term goals
Why MBA
Why GT
Tell me a time when you have received constructive interview
Where do you plan to apply for an internship?
What do you believe your strenghts/weaknesses are for applying to the internship?

The experience was awesome. I hope I get in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hey! Can anybody confirm if Georgetown has rolling results or everyone is informed a day or two before the notification date?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
vishal2302 wrote:
Hey! Can anybody confirm if Georgetown has rolling results or everyone is informed a day or two before the notification date?

Everyone gets final notification on deadline day, which is March 15 for R2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Had an on-campus interview last week with a full-time adcom member. Was expecting a student but he was a young guy. Pretty straightforward. Flew by, only 30 minutes or so but felt so fast. Probably a good thing.

Questions:

take me through your resume
what's your most proud accomplishment
why georgetown
tell me about a challenge in a team you were leading
tell me about a challenge in a team you weren't leading
tell me about a challenge in a multi-cultural environment
Why MBA
Questions for the interviewer

I feel pretty good about it. Very standard question/answer format.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
My friend of mine got an interview invite today (R2 applicant). We are from India, the email said the Adcom has already visited India so she has to schedule a skype interview.
I have already been interviewed. Now worried that they did not find good people..so they are calling new ones :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Can someone who has interviewed confirm whether these interviews are blind? Or, will the interviewer have read my application/resume?

(I'm assuming the policy would be the same for face-to-face and Skype interviews.)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
anon321 wrote:
Can someone who has interviewed confirm whether these interviews are blind? Or, will the interviewer have read my application/resume?

(I'm assuming the policy would be the same for face-to-face and Skype interviews.)

Blind.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
I got a couple of emails from admission committee and they asked some more questions about my career gap. I don't know whether it is a good sign or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for the final result on Mar, 15.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
holdieliel wrote:
I got a couple of emails from admission committee and they asked some more questions about my career gap. I don't know whether it is a good sign or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for the final result on Mar, 15.

I wouldn't worry about it. If they had doubts they would reject you without asking, so they want to give you the benefit for clarification.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
RoyHalladay wrote:
holdieliel wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. If they had doubts they would reject you without asking, so they want to give you the benefit for clarification.

Yea I agree, it means they're interested enough to ask. By the way when visiting for my interview I was really impressed with their facility. That is a sick building.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
chains1910 wrote:
Yea I agree, it means they're interested enough to ask. By the way when visiting for my interview I was really impressed with their facility. That is a sick building.

I got a similar e-mail (regarding something else), and I don't want to read too much into it but I also think it's because they're at least looking at my application very seriously. (which is great because I bombed the interview) I like the building too, you can see everything from everywhere and even the Washington Monument!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
Does anyone have any information regarding chances of admission off of the waitlist? Has anyone ever met someone admitted off of the waitlist and if so what was the timeline of the process? Any information would be helpful?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts