Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
tashy001 wrote:
Just to confirm....are the dings all by email and the acceptances/WL's all phone calls? I've had a call from a 212 number today (not Columbia) and a generic Columbia email, both of which were more alarming than they should be...

My impression is that the calls come from a blocked number as well..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.47
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
nyuCBSkellogg2015 wrote:
tashy001 wrote:
Just to confirm....are the dings all by email and the acceptances/WL's all phone calls? I've had a call from a 212 number today (not Columbia) and a generic Columbia email, both of which were more alarming than they should be...

My impression is that the calls come from a blocked number as well..

Posted from my mobile device

My call was from a blocked #
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted.

Call from Blocked/'Unknown' number.

Totally psyched. Almost certain I will accept, though have not yet received any info regarding a deposit timeline. Looking forward to potentially meeting some of you at the upcoming happy hour events.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting!

Originally posted by 1234321 on 27 Feb 2013, 13:53.
Last edited by 1234321 on 28 Feb 2013, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
For those of you that have been accepted, when does the "clock start" on the two week deposit deadline? Is it the day they call you, or do they follow up a few days later with an email outlining the time frame, two weeks from then? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
tashy001 wrote:
For those of you that have been accepted, when does the "clock start" on the two week deposit deadline? Is it the day they call you, or do they follow up a few days later with an email outlining the time frame, two weeks from then? Thanks

Are we really only given two weeks' time to make the deposit?? I was under the impression that we had more time than that!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I think it might be different for each person because my admissions letter says that I have until April 22 for the first deposit...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
tashy001 wrote:

1st Deposit, $2k, April 22.
2nd Deposit, $1k, May 31.

I was expecting something more along the lines of '2 weeks' and was surprised to see such an extended window, particularly considering there are so many March decision dates. Thought CBS would try to beat other schools to the punch, in hopes of swaying people to commit. I'm pretty set on columbia, but do appreciate the breathing room, and potential financial leverage of other offers, though I get the impression they don't really negotiate much based on other school scholarship packages.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
1234321 wrote:
tashy001 wrote:

1st Deposit, $2k, April 22.
2nd Deposit, $1k, May 31.

I was expecting something more along the lines of '2 weeks' and was surprised to see such an extended window, particularly considering there are so many March decision dates. Thought CBS would try to beat other schools to the punch, in hopes of swaying people to commit. I'm pretty set on columbia, but do appreciate the breathing room, and potential financial leverage of other offers, though I get the impression they don't really negotiate much based on other school scholarship packages.

yea... cbs was originally a top pick of mine... but not negotiating at all... at least not my adm. officer on my behalf... sadly, i may have better opportunity negotiating funds from wharton which is arguably a better school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Anybody out there getting any good news from their interviews in the past couple days? My interview feedback was submitted on Wednesday, February 27th, so I'm getting really nervous! Happy Friday all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
highhopes75 wrote:
Anybody out there getting any good news from their interviews in the past couple days? My interview feedback was submitted on Wednesday, February 27th, so I'm getting really nervous! Happy Friday all!

My interview feedback was submitted on the 19th and I'm still waiting, so I'm afraid you'll be in limbo for at least another week. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
mrbucket wrote:
highhopes75 wrote:

My interview feedback was submitted on the 19th and I'm still waiting, so I'm afraid you'll be in limbo for at least another week. Good luck!

Mine was also no the 27th and nothing yet. Seems like turnaround has been more like 2ish weeks in many cases. So much stressful waiting in the MBA admissions process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chains1910 wrote:
mrbucket wrote:
highhopes75 wrote:

Mine was also no the 27th and nothing yet. Seems like turnaround has been more like 2ish weeks in many cases. So much stressful waiting in the MBA admissions process.

My interview was on the 13th, feedback on the 17th......still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Ding. Feedback submitted February 18th, ding email came in a few hours ago. Deposit to Stern submitted just now. I may have chosen Stern anyway, so not too upset, though I guess I am a little disappointed. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Seems like every time I post about not hearing from a school, I coincidentally get feedback right away... Got the good call today with $ - very excited to explore CBS. Good luck to everyone else!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
tashy001 wrote:
Seems like every time I post about not hearing from a school, I coincidentally get feedback right away... Got the good call today with $ - very excited to explore CBS. Good luck to everyone else!

Keep up the trend :) And congrats!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
tashy001 wrote:

Congrats! CBS is stingy with money so that's an accomplishment itself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
For those of you who have received $ over the phone with your offers, this is merit-based, correct? Can one still separately, with or without the merit-based $, get need-based money later on?
Does anyone know if the process is somehow divided by offices, with the admissions office deciding merit, and the financial aid office deciding need??

Got in, but now trying to figure out how to pay for it!!! :| :| :|
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts