Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Has anyone in India received a phone interview invite post the waiver ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Not me.

JAGGnNoida wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepeneurship
Schools:Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
GMAT 2: 620 GMAT 3: 700  Q46  V40
GPA: below 3.
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Send PM
Has anyone anywhere got an interview call after an interview waiver?
I dont believe you can get an acceptance without an interview can you? So its probably a ding then if you dont get an interview call in the next week or so?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
I know someone from Taiwan got phone interview after being waived. As the school says 'If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. ', I believe one can hardly be admitted without an interview unless the candidate's background is super strong.

asiddiqi86 wrote:
I dont believe you can get an acceptance without an interview can you? So its probably a ding then if you dont get an interview call in the next week or so?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Kudos
shl020 wrote:
I know someone from Taiwan got phone interview after being waived. As the school says 'If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. ', I believe one can hardly be admitted without an interview unless the candidate's background is super strong.

asiddiqi86 wrote:

If the candidate's background is super strong, he does not get a waiver in the first place. Whatever everybody can say, in over represented areas, interview call from Kellogg is in a way similar to calls from other schools, indicating a strong first impression.
Having said that, interviews post waivers get converted all the time, and interviews w/o waivers get dinged too. But, nobody gets IN w/o the i/v.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
dreamchase wrote:
shl020 wrote:

asiddiqi86 wrote:

If the candidate's background is super strong, he does not get a waiver in the first place. Whatever everybody can say, in over represented areas, interview call from Kellogg is in a way similar to calls from other schools, indicating a strong first impression.
Having said that, interviews post waivers get converted all the time, and interviews w/o waivers get dinged too. But, nobody gets IN w/o the i/v.

When you say "Background" is it resume-only? Cause Kellogg does not read essays before they interview you..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1174 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
 Q47  V26 GMAT 2: 540  Q45  V19 GMAT 3: 580  Q48  V23
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Send PM
ritzoo wrote:

When you say "Background" is it resume-only? Cause Kellogg does not read essays before they interview you..

The admission policy of kellogg is very confusing. I don't know how they can manage to read all those essays after interview or interview waiver. They will only have one month time to read all application essays in a particular cycle.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [3]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
ritzoo wrote:

Actually that's not true. When Kellogg hands you an interview waiver it means that they are going to read your application before they have a chance to interview you. Basically when they don't have enough people in the area to conduct face to face interviews like they prefer they will hand out an interview waiver and start reading your application so that they don't waste more time.

Once they read the essays if they feel you are an interesting candidate they'll invite you to a phone/web interview.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I am hearing different ways the Admissions will notify candidates of acceptance. Does anyone know if acceptances are all offered via phone or will we receive an e-mail with our decision? Also, what is the time line for Round 2 decisions. I believe we will be notified anytime from now until March 21st. Any idea if this week we should start hearing?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
pgreco86 wrote:
I am hearing different ways the Admissions will notify candidates of acceptance. Does anyone know if acceptances are all offered via phone or will we receive an e-mail with our decision? Also, what is the time line for Round 2 decisions. I believe we will be notified anytime from now until March 21st. Any idea if this week we should start hearing?

Going by Round 1 I'd say you won't hear anything till March 21. They do try to call everyone but I think Internattionals might get e-mails depending on Time zones.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
pgreco86 wrote:

If the R1 decision notification patterns holds true for R2 also, we will be notified on the posted decision date.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Zynga wrote:
pgreco86 wrote:

If the R1 decision notification patterns holds true for R2 also, we will be notified on the posted decision date.

In R1, Kellogg put the Dinged and WL'd out of thier misery with an early morning (mine was timestamped ~1AM) email on decision day. Those who were admitted got a call during the day. This is different than most schools where they call those they accept, then at 5PM (or some other specified time) all those dinged/WL find out on the website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Does Kellogg inform successful applicants prior to the decision date? Or are they only made aware via email on the day of? Just found out I'm going to be out of town on the 21st! Too bad!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Is it game over for applicants who got a waiver but no update since then?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
JAGGnNoida wrote:

I did. This friday.
You had yours already?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
piyush4frns wrote:
JAGGnNoida wrote:

I did. This friday.
You had yours already?

Congratulations. Seems like you are one of the few lucky one's
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Kudos
kidchaos wrote:
pgreco86 wrote:

Going by Round 1 I'd say you won't hear anything till March 21. They do try to call everyone but I think Internattionals might get e-mails depending on Time zones.

Candidates who are waitlisted or dinged will be notified by email early morning on the decision date. If you wake up in the morning and see no update from Kellogg, then you're In! You will get a congratulatory call later in the day and an official email by end of the day.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts