Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
machichi wrote:
jason12e wrote:
Any news from current Yale SOM students as to the estimated class size for Fall 2013 entry?

I could imagine it to be bigger than previous years because of the new campus, but the idea that it'll open several months after classes begin leads me to think they might not significantly increase class size this year...

Aerien, look! I changed my status to Matriculating! :)

When I was on campus they mentioned they were increasing enrollment until they reached 350 and giving themselves until 2017 to do so. The class of 2013 was 227, 2014 was 249. They'll probably continue to grow pretty steadily, meaning our class will be somewhere around 275.

(Congrats on going blue! woohoo!)

Go Blue! Oh wait, that's a different school...

We have 26 admits here to date, but only 10 have changed their status to matriculating. I wonder if the Facebook page is a better indication of the number of people who have confirmed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Send PM
jason12e wrote:
machichi wrote:
jason12e wrote:
Any news from current Yale SOM students as to the estimated class size for Fall 2013 entry?

I could imagine it to be bigger than previous years because of the new campus, but the idea that it'll open several months after classes begin leads me to think they might not significantly increase class size this year...

When I was on campus they mentioned they were increasing enrollment until they reached 350 and giving themselves until 2017 to do so. The class of 2013 was 227, 2014 was 249. They'll probably continue to grow pretty steadily, meaning our class will be somewhere around 275.

(Congrats on going blue! woohoo!)

Go Blue! Oh wait, that's a different school...

We have 26 admits here to date, but only 10 have changed their status to matriculating. I wonder if the Facebook page is a better indication of the number of people who have confirmed.

You mean Yale class of 2015 page or the Gmat club page ??

If there is a yale class of 2015 page on fb can you provide me the link.

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any R2 candidates that got a recent invite? Trying to figure out if all the invites have gone out for R2.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
jason12e wrote:

Yaaay!!!

maxkrewl wrote:
jason12e wrote:
machichi wrote:

Thank you

The fb group is a better indicator of number of acceptances (for any school); Yale's link is in the first post of this thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Send PM
aerien wrote:
maxkrewl wrote:

Thank you

The fb group is a better indicator of number of acceptances (for any school); Yale's link is in the first post of this thread.

The fb page indicates there are already 102 admits (~40%)...Is that right ??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
Send PM
Looking back over the past 3 years, there aren't that many people who interviewed and got rejected. Everyone says 50-60% get offer after interview, but looking over everyone who got an interview the past few years: most (by far) got in, some got waitlisted, and only a few got rejected. Thoughts?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
maxkrewl wrote:
aerien wrote:
maxkrewl wrote:

Thank you

The fb page indicates there are already 102 admits (~40%)...Is that right ??

Yes, that sounds about right. Keep in mind that some of those people likely are accepted but not matriculating. And generally speaking, most schools do a 50/50 or 40/60 split between R1 and R2 with R3 and the Waitlist filling out the class.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
My link to class of 2015 doesn't work. Does anyone know who I should contact???
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I contacted mba.diversity@yale.edu and am awaiting a response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
vikram4689 wrote:
Friends,

I am planning to apply in R3. I would like to know about possibilities of getting admitted in R3 (is it substantial or is it almost 0). Also just in case, if i don't get in this time and apply in next year EA/R1, is Yale a re-applicant friendly school ? someone told me Duke is

I've heard good things about re-applicants. Yale is one of the few schools that will provide feedback on a denied applicant, weaknesses and things that you can work on. A friend was rejected last year and spoke to the dean about 2-3 times afterwards about what he needed to do (low GMAT but otherwise woulda been accepted, had he not applied so late).

Best of luck!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gumbymc wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I contacted mba.diversity@yale.edu and am awaiting a response.

You could also try mba.admissions@yale.edu or just give them a call at +1 203.432.5932. I'm sure it's an easy fix :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
ln0038a wrote:
vikram4689 wrote:
Friends,

I am planning to apply in R3. I would like to know about possibilities of getting admitted in R3 (is it substantial or is it almost 0). Also just in case, if i don't get in this time and apply in next year EA/R1, is Yale a re-applicant friendly school ? someone told me Duke is

I've heard good things about re-applicants. Yale is one of the few schools that will provide feedback on a denied applicant, weaknesses and things that you can work on. A friend was rejected last year and spoke to the dean about 2-3 times afterwards about what he needed to do (low GMAT but otherwise woulda been accepted, had he not applied so late).

Best of luck!

so did he get in this time with exact same application. actually, some students at different business school (after seeing my application) are providing similar feedback that i might have tough chances because of already similar candidates in class and might have very good chances next year.

one more thing, even if your friend did not take gmat again then as per dean he would be admitted next year. BUT what did he state in "re-applicant" essay in that case
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
chessmaster1234 wrote:
Looking back over the past 3 years, there aren't that many people who interviewed and got rejected. Everyone says 50-60% get offer after interview, but looking over everyone who got an interview the past few years: most (by far) got in, some got waitlisted, and only a few got rejected. Thoughts?

I noticed that, too. It's possible it's just a sample bias, but here's hoping that chances are good for those of us who interviewed!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
lb2015 wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:

I noticed that, too. It's possible it's just a sample bias, but here's hoping that chances are good for those of us who interviewed!

You guys have probably interviewed already, but just a word of caution: do prepare for your interview. Don't bank on the stats, think you have it in the bag, and be disappointed with the outcome.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:

You guys have probably interviewed already, but just a word of caution: do prepare for your interview. Don't bank on the stats, think you have it in the bag, and be disappointed with the outcome.

Of course. I already interviewed anyway but was pointing out the spread between the publicized % and the anecdotal %. Nothing I can do now anyway...It's going to be a long month.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
chessmaster1234 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Of course. I already interviewed anyway but was pointing out the spread between the publicized % and the anecdotal %. Nothing I can do now anyway...It's going to be a long month.

Not implying that you didn't prepare -- just wanted to manage expectations that anything can still happen :)

Your result date is about three weeks away now, and I'll just say that @machichi and I are a little excited for you guys to hear back!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
vikram4689 wrote:
ln0038a wrote:
vikram4689 wrote:
Friends,

Best of luck!

so did he get in this time with exact same application. actually, some students at different business school (after seeing my application) are providing similar feedback that i might have tough chances because of already similar candidates in class and might have very good chances next year.

one more thing, even if your friend did not take gmat again then as per dean he would be admitted next year. BUT what did he state in "re-applicant" essay in that case

He ended up not applying this year because he got a new job that he wanted to stick with for a bit.

I think you just have to weigh whether you want to go this year or next year. You'll likely have a better chance next year when they havent already decided on the class make up. That said, if you really want to go next year and think you have a compelling unique story that they dont already have, go for it. If you don't get in, you'll just need to consider all the 'extra' things you'll need to do between applying now and again in September/October.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts