Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [7]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: 780 (Q51,V45) Thanks Gmat Club ! [#permalink]
Fantabulous (fantastic+fabulous) is the word for you!
Congrats- this is a stellar performance.

regards,
N
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Send PM
shreerajp99 wrote:
Awesome awesome score man! Can u share d secret of ur stellar quant score :)

I don't have any secret unfortunately :) I have a mathematical background so it was probably a little bit more easy for me.

The only advice I can give is to train as much as possible and really do not overestimate it ! You don't need to be a genius or to have a phd in math in order to score well in GMAT, most of the exercise are not complicated once you know how to solve them and I am pretty sure that anybody can score well on this section with sufficient practice !

Actually, I almost find the verbal part of the GMAT to be much harder to work on and to improve if you are not inherently good at it. For the critical reasoning, if your mind is not good at this type of exercise it will probably be much harder to train for it, and for the reading comprehension you need to have a good knowledge of English in order to understand all the small subtleties in the texts. On the other side for the quant part you just have to learn to solve the 10/20 type of exercise and you will be good to go !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hey Darmondy,

First, congratulations on your stellar score!

Second, I know you are a math genius, but how did you find G-prep question pack vs the real questions? I found those problems (especially the harder ones) harder than any that I found in OG 12 or 13. How was your impression?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bellcurve wrote:
Hey Darmondy,

First, congratulations on your stellar score!

Second, I know you are a math genius, but how did you find G-prep question pack vs the real questions? I found those problems (especially the harder ones) harder than any that I found in OG 12 or 13. How was your impression?

Hi thanks you :)

First I am by no mean a "math genius" and if I were, the GMAT would definitely not be a good test to prove it :) . You really don't need to be a math genius to score well in the quant GMAT.

I can't really answer you as I did not practice on OG12 or 13, so I can't compare with the G-prep question pack. I only used G prep question pach + OG verbal and I think the questions were good and if you take the most difficult question they were quite close to what I get on the actual GMAT. The only part where I was quite surprised at the difficulty in the real GMAT was the reading comprehension which I found harder than what I experienced during my preparation (the texts where quite hard to understand with a lot of difficult and ambiguous words)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Impressive. Congratulations!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5415 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats Darmody for the great score.

Vercules
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Darmody,

One more follow up question on G-prep question pack, if you don't mind. How was your accuracy in G-prep question pack questions? Did you get every question in there correct in your first try?

Thanks,
BC
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Expert Reply
Very nicely done, Darmody. This might be the first post I've ever seen where someone scores extremely high in the GMAT and laments their AWA preparation! :-D

Thanks for sharing some of your prep with the community!

-Ron
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bellcurve wrote:
Darmody,

One more follow up question on G-prep question pack, if you don't mind. How was your accuracy in G-prep question pack questions? Did you get every question in there correct in your first try?

Thanks,
BC

most of the quant question yes, and for the verbal question I would say maybe 8 or 9 out of 10
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sorry, I am just trying to gauge myself. When you said most of the quant Qs yes, do you mean 99% or 90%?

Thanks,
BC
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts