Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink]
Waitlist R1 without interview. I went to campus last week and was told by students that they don't waitlist a ton of people and accept a lot of people off the waitlist. This is backed up by the lower yield %.

A friend of mine is a 2nd year and he was waitlisted and accepted a week before orientation, so it could be a while before we know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
futurebostonmba wrote:
Waitlist R1 without interview. I went to campus last week and was told by students that they don't waitlist a ton of people and accept a lot of people off the waitlist. This is backed up by the lower yield %.

A friend of mine is a 2nd year and he was waitlisted and accepted a week before orientation, so it could be a while before we know.

Yea.. if you notice, Stern's deadlines are further back than most schools... which means they also don't know until later who's actually attending - so I suspect those who are wait-listed won't hear back til later than most schools (I was a r1 applicant and my deposit's not even due until april 22nd )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey: I just got waitlisted without an interview off Round 2. I have done a lot to demonstrate interest in the school, attended their Opening Doors for Women event etc. So not sure what to do.

It would be helpful to know if the Round 1 people who got waitlisted did anything special.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hern007 wrote:
Hey: I just got waitlisted without an interview off Round 2. I have done a lot to demonstrate interest in the school, attended their Opening Doors for Women event etc. So not sure what to do.

It would be helpful to know if the Round 1 people who got waitlisted did anything special.

After being notified, I ripped apart my application to see what I didn't get across and where I could improve. I would highly advise doing the same as I noticed some things that weren't clear (i.e., mentioned community service/charity work but never went into it in depth).

I revisited campus recently and have sent in a letter of updates highlighting things I needed to expand upon.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
hern007 wrote:

So far, as far I've seen, no one's been admitted off the WL. I think one person got invited to interview after being waitlisted without one.

I think all you can do now is send a letter stating your interest in the school and any relevant updates you have. I believe in the WL information, they give you a pretty solid list of options for updates. Do/send those updates in & then all you can do is hope for the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
I'm a round 1 international applicant who was waitlisted without an interview.

I received an invitation to interview about 10 hours ago.

I was waitlisted on January and sent 2 updates: One was a short essay and the other one was kind of a short 3rd recommendation.
Just got waitlisted without an interview--Consortium Rd 2. Any advice anyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Waitlist R1 without interview as well on Jan 7th
I have sent a few updates including an updated test score, additional reference, featured articles, etc.

has anyone received any updates from the school?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
freetz wrote:
I'm a round 1 international applicant who was waitlisted without an interview.

I received an invitation to interview about 10 hours ago.

I was waitlisted on January and sent 2 updates: One was a short essay and the other one was kind of a short 3rd recommendation.

hey freetz
congrats on the interview. Please keep us all updated on the next steps you go through. Best of luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
What about being waitlisted after having an interview? It seems uncommon. Any thoughts on what that could mean?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alpa212 wrote:
What about being waitlisted after having an interview? It seems uncommon. Any thoughts on what that could mean?

Sorry to hear that, man...when did you interview?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
alpa212 wrote:

It's not as common as with other schools but it definitely happens -- more with R2 applicants than with R1 applicants, based on last year's stats. In general, the likelihood of coming off the Stern waitlist, IMO, seems pretty slim. Last year there were 2 GC-ers who got off the WL and they were both R1 waitlisters (not sure if they were WL'ed before or after interview).

One possible perk is that both were accepted off the WL between the end of March and May, so hopefully the wait won't be too long.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
alpa212 wrote:

It's not as common as with other schools but it definitely happens -- more with R2 applicants than with R1 applicants, based on last year's stats. In general, the likelihood of coming off the Stern waitlist, IMO, seems pretty slim. Last year there were 2 GC-ers who got off the WL and they were both R1 waitlisters (not sure if they were WL'ed before or after interview).

One possible perk is that both were accepted off the WL between the end of March and May, so hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Not to cause a debate but I have to disagree. Stern has such a low yield % (52% I think) and numerous students have told me that they accept a lot of WL candidates. I think that most tend to be interviewed after the April deposit deadline and have too much going on and just don't update GC forums. This is all non-scientific thought and what I keep telling myself in hopes that I can get off the WL and get accepted as Stern is my #1. We'll see.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
futurebostonmba wrote:
aerien wrote:
alpa212 wrote:

Not to cause a debate but I have to disagree. Stern has such a low yield % (52% I think) and numerous students have told me that they accept a lot of WL candidates. I think that most tend to be interviewed after the April deposit deadline and have too much going on and just don't update GC forums. This is all non-scientific thought and what I keep telling myself in hopes that I can get off the WL and get accepted as Stern is my #1. We'll see.

Certainly quite possible! I'm basing off a sample size of 2 ;)

As always, we'll never really know exact stats, but hopefully some of you get the nod.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Just added to waitlist. Trying to figure out next steps now...!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (D)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
hey guys, i need some advice.

i've been on Stern's waitlist (without interview) since mid January and haven't heard from them since. I recently got admitted to Ross and I think it's time I finally contact Stern and see what the deal is. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should approach this, and would it be best by phone, email, or an office visit (I live in NYC)?

Any input would be much appreciated!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
jtkcbs wrote:
hey guys, i need some advice.

i've been on Stern's waitlist (without interview) since mid January and haven't heard from them since. I recently got admitted to Ross and I think it's time I finally contact Stern and see what the deal is. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should approach this, and would it be best by phone, email, or an office visit (I live in NYC)?

Any input would be much appreciated!

With R2 notifications coming out by April 1, you might hear something by that point (looking at last year's thread there was some WL movement towards end of March). If you have an update or want to withdraw from the WL, I'd email them at whatever email address they told you to contact them at.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts